Pairs and Dance Splits Season 2010/2011

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by grandma, Oct 13, 2010.

1. grandma

grandma Active Member

After the first competiotions of the season we have the first splits.

Joana Suliej -Mateusz Chrushinski (POL)

Duo CHENG / Yu GAO (CHN)

2. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Why did Sulej/Chruscinski split up? They were so adorable :wuzrobbed

3. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Cheng/Gao are still in the entries list and starting order for tomorrow's Short Program at Ostrava.. Can anybody confirm they split?

4. lilypad

lilypad New Member

Are there any U.S. splits?

5. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

US senior skaters who split this summer
    Brittany Chase/Grant Marron
    Keauna McLaughlin/Rockne Brubaker
    Kendra Moyle/Steven Pottenger

6. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

7. SamuraiK

Thanks.. I see that Lubov Bakirova, who competed with Mikhail Kamianchuk for BLR up until Nebelhorn Trophy this last moth (they were 8th) has also posted her biography so we can add that team to the split list.:(

8. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I thought there had an interesting future ahead too. They were jumping throw triple flip this season! That's really too bad...

9. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll split up after the JGP in Ostrava or it was a joke of some sort that he posted his profile on icepartnersearch.

10. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

I've never even heard of this team. Whoops. I see they were on the JGP for a few years with relatively weak results. It would be weird to split during the week between JGP events... maybe they will stick it out another week.

I know their results haven't been so good, but it's not like there are many other pair skaters in Poland. Too bad... I found them rather promising for a country without much of a presence in pairs.

11. grandma

grandma Active Member

don`t think it is a joke because only basics were in the profile this morning and the information has been updated with pictures and a video by this afternoon

12. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I saw the Polish team a few times and they looked like they had some promise. That's too bad.

13. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto Active Member

Humm really? Did they just split and looking for new partners? or just retired all together? It's strange cause they're a couple...

14. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Really? I didn't know that, but that would explain why they stayed together after multiple last-place finishes at Nats. I believe Kendra is listed on icepartnersearch, so I assume she is looking for a new partner. Perhaps Steven decided to retire?

ETA: OK, Kendra is no longer on icepartnersearch, so either she found a partner or stopped looking. Or she and Steven paired up again?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  15. nirti

nirti Member

16. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Cool list! :) Haven DENNEY / Daniel O'SHEA registered for Junior Pairs at Indy Challenge but didn't compete there and have since split up. Denney is reportedly skating with her old partner, Daniel Raad, and O'Shea has teamed up with Caroline Knoop (they debuted last month at their own club competition in Florida). Both teams are expected to compete in the Junior Pairs event at Eastern Sectionals in November.

Info/updates can be found in the U.S. Pairs thread.

Laura LEPZINSKI / Ethan BURGESS from USA have split (he is coaching now, I believe).
    Alexandra YOUNG / Matthew YOUNG are from Canada.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  17. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

:fragile:
    I really liked their Phantom of the Opera free skate from a few years ago.

18. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

19. grandma

grandma Active Member

Cody Hay is newly registered on IPS

20. SamuraiK

I hope he gets a decent partner, maybe one of Samson or Lacoste could give pairs a try since I dont think they are going anywhere in singles..:p

21. gosia.douceur

gosia.douceur New Member

Or maybe Cody Hay could team up with Joanna Sulej? ;)

22. nirti

nirti Member

Thanks, silvia and julieann :)

I've add the last informations. I don't know what to think on the chinese pair Cheng/Gao... Maybe he want to change partner, but chinese fed has sent them to the JGP in wishing they will make a good result? But they had a very bad score...

23. grandma

grandma Active Member

As they were already in Germany for the JGP and Dresden isn`t so far from Ostrava , it was probably decided that they should do the competition. Maybe he was told that she would get someone else.. as it seems funny that he is willing to relocate. I can`t imagine the chinese federation letting someone go who could still be useful.;)

24. nirti

nirti Member

Oh yes you're right, i haven't thought that they were in Dresden last week. So it probably explain their bad result in Ostrava...
    Yes, never a chinese skater were released by chinese fed... But if he search a chinese girl with a good level, they are many and many in China ^^

25. vmfan89

vmfan89 Member

That could work. Especially in Samson's case. Lacoste has some potential on the singles side, besides who will there be once Joannie and Cynthia are gone?

26. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto Active Member

Just curious... one of them aren't chinese?? or one of them is trying to skate for some other country? I don't know their story, and sorry if I misunderstood your posts.

27. grandma

grandma Active Member

They are both Chinese that is what makes it so interestiing...
    He isn`t very tall only 174cm which is tiny for a man doing pairs imo.
    Maybe he just says that he is willing to relocate from Bejing to Harbin or Hongkong :p
    His first partner was Narumi Takahashi....

28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yes please! ;)

She deserved a better partner from the beginning. Hopefully she can find one now!

Honestly guys, now there's your chance!

Sulej/Chruscinski lived and trained in Vancouver with Richard Gauthier and Bruno Marcotte entirely at the expense of the Polish Fed (you can imagine how pissed off they are now ;P).

They were the only Polish Senior team.

So if a partner at a suitable level is found for her, I'm sure they'd be funded and pretty much guaranteed to make it to Euros and Worlds.

I'm not sure if he's going to continue but I know that she definitely wants to.

29. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

Why not Janusz Karweta for her?

30. gosia.douceur

gosia.douceur New Member

Montreal ;)
    But yeah, I'm actually wondering if there's no pressure from the Fed on them to reunite? I think they haven't been crossed out from the TEB entries yet... dunno.
    ETA - maybe Chruscinski could team up with Klimczak? ;) Or Michalek?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010