Pair skater Antoine Dorsaz retires

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by sigrid, Jun 9, 2010.

1. sigrid

sigrid New Member

sweetsparky and (deleted member) like this.
  2. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Wow!! That was shocking!! "Lack of motivation"??? really?? they are/were one of the most promising young teams around. I seriously thought that in a few years they could bet at least battling for a podium at Euros..

And he was such an eye-candy too :(

3. reut

reut Active Member

Some :sekret: wrote few days ago on FSO that she already found: she'll skate with Ilja Glebov. Not sure for which country though.

I'm really sorry. I really liked this pair as they were. And also I was really glad for Switzerland that finally they had some decent pair on the world level...

4. sternfunken

sternfunken Member

Ilja Glebov? I thought he already found a new partner...:confused:

5. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Eh, they were a decent team but Euros podium didn't seem to be in their future- not with 3 good Russian teams, and strong German, French, and Italian teams to deal with as well. M/D were a good second tier team but I didn't see them rising much higher. Good for them for accomplishing as much as they did though!

6. reut

reut Active Member

Yeah, I thought so too. But :sekret: wrote that actually Ilja was trying to skate with few different partners and in the end Anaïs it is.

7. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

I am very upset about this :(

8. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

I loved them! And yes, definetly a loss of eye candy!:wuzrobbed
    And the Europeans being in Bern next year:confused:
    Of course, if you don´t have the motivation, you shoud not do it.

So, is the Steuer camp now only consisting of S/S?

9. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

If you don't have SBS triples, you can't expect much higher results. Ingo got them strong pair elements and style, but their ceiling was limited.

10. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

OMG! NOOOOO!!!!!
    Morand/Dorsaz were soooo promising!
    Well but if Morand is going to skate with Glebov (no matter which country they will represent) one of them has to sit out a year.

11. reut

reut Active Member

Right. That's why in the article above is written that her participation in Europeans in her home country in unlikely. They don't have any other pair skater in Switzerland to be her partner anyway...

12. icewalker08

icewalker08 New Member

So sad, This is seventh team of this year European which is splited. :( I wonder how many pairs we will have in next Euro.

13. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I liked their plaid costumes

14. ivagall

ivagall Member

Wow! That's a shocker. They were certainly one of the promising pairs in Europe. :(

It's actually 9th team of this years Europeans that has splited or retired...

15. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

It is not such a big surprise, although my understanding was that he would retire after the 2010/11 season. Maybe getting injured recently while training the triple twist (broken nose) pushed him to this decision. It's a shame, and too bad that he wasn't able to keep going one more year. I think it would have been a nice experience for both Anais and Antoine to compete at Euros in Switzerland. They were a cute couple, nice to watch.

16. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Heartbreaking. :fragile: I loved them so much! This is totally unexpected news for me. :(

17. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Pasodoble is coming

I wasn´t expecting this :( I´ll certainly miss this team, they looked so promising together.

18. shah

shah Shhh...

:eek::wuzrobbed
    I really loved the way they skated in Tallinn this year...such a shame!

btw, Euros in Bern will be really interesting...

19. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

Awww I wasn't expecting this at all. :( They were such a charming pair, Burberry overalls included. ;) And I agree that it would've probably been a lovely experience to skate at home Euros in Bern. Oh well. :(

I wish them both luck in whatever they want to do. :)

20. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

Oh no! What a pity! :wuzrobbed:

21. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I am really shocked by this. :(

I felt they have been making steady, gradual progress under Steuer and definitely had a lot to offer still. :(

I wonder which country will Morand/Glebov decide to represent.

22. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Sucks :(

I guess they have a season to think it over, but Estonia still has the same restriction on dual citizenship that blocked Mallory/Rand's Olympics path. While the Estonian government was willing to give Mallory a special 5-year citizenship that would expire, so that she could re-claim US citizenship at that time, it proved too formidable an obstacle for her. (I would have been :cheer2: with an EU passport, but she wanted to stay in the US.) Unless they were made skittish by Mallory's refusal, the Estonian government could do the same for Morand.

Switzerland allows multiple national citizenships, but the normal residency requirements would be daunting for Glebov (12 years) for general naturalization without marriage. Does Switzerland grant citizenship for persons of special ability in sports? If so, and they were willing to grant it to Glebov, then he'd lose his Estonian citizenship without some kind of exception from Estonia.

23. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Oh bugger - another promising young pair goes kaput. I thought their SP at the Olympics was gorgeous.

I hope she can find a partner who will really suit her because she is another Tatiana V in the making.

24. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

Oh no. :( I really liked them, they were so promising! I thought for sure they'd stick around for Euros at home too. I hope Morand finds a good partner so she can continue at least.

25. grandma

grandma Active Member

I think the time has come, where it should be allowed to have pairs and ice dancing couples with different nationalities respectively representing their own countries. In pairs and ice dance it is so difficult to find a new partner because of nationality issues. having to sit out for a season etc because the partner wants to compete for another country would be a thing of the past, which IMO can only be a benifit for the sport

softlip and (deleted member) like this.
  26. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

i really enjoyed thier programs at the olympics- They had a great mission LP they practiced-

27. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Probably Ingo recycled S/S's The Mission LP from 2007 (?)

28. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

Which is suprising for me as I think Anais is similary built to Maria Sergejeva and her height and body-built was the reason for Sergejeva-Glebovs split. Glebov is to me too short for pairs that he need some really small partner.

29. grandma

grandma Active Member

Anais Morand is only about 1.54 - 1.57 cm and Sergejeva is about 1.68 so
    Anais is much smaller

30. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

I did not realsise they worked with katia gordeeva- no WONDER liked them so much!