Pair/Dance post national breakups

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by fan, Jan 18, 2010.

1. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

I'm crushed at the Tanovich/Chau split, but also not that surprised.

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Quoting myself... the article Sylvia just posted includes the information that Cassie's new partner is Tim LeDuc, so it's public information now.

(and she edited her post to include this too- LOL)

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

;)

I can start a new thread in GSD for U.S. Pairs now that we have updated official info.

4. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

Same. Tanovich/Chau were a real highlight at Nationals. I was hoping they'd give it another year to see if it'd work, but obviously they thought this would be best.

5. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

Aww...I'll certainly miss Tracy and Michael's skating. Great memories!

6. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

I think I've seen Danny O'Shea at DSC events a couple of times. Has he skated pairs before, and is he still going to do singles?

7. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

He was 5th in novice this year with Jessica Calalang.

8. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Oh, shoot, why did Tanovich/Chau split up? MacMadame, you said you weren't surprised...I haven't seen them skate that much, what was it that wasn't working for them?

I loved their program at Nationals.

ETA: Read on another thread that is was most likely their height difference...or lack therof.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  9. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I heard about Tracy & Michael's split a while ago (I'm surprised the news didn't get out until now) but seeing it in print bums me out all over again. :( I loved watching them skate. I've seen them since they were a novice pairs team and really had high hopes for them. I wish them all the best in whatever comes next for each of their careers. They will certainly be missed at Nationals if neither of them go for singles or don't find a new partner. :fragile:

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I loved them but felt that it was only a matter of time before they split. :(

11. starbucks

starbucks Member

I'm pretty sure Mike will compete in singles. He's training, anyway. He's so good, he's just not tall enough for pairs!

12. acraven

acraven Well-Known Member

Michael Chau has been competing in singles all along. He is a wonderful skater with triples through Lutz (I don't know how his 3A is coming along). It's just that his region (South Atlantics) and section (Easterns) have a lot of strong men, so he missed making it to Nationals in singles once or twice.

13. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I'm not surprised about T/C either. It was inevitable. The big question is who will she partner with? She's too good to languish without a good partner. The dearth of tall male skaters is killing me. Artur Dimitrev should really encourage junior to skate pairs. He can land a quad so the jumps would be a non issue. Of course, he is in Russia, but still...

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It would be great if there was a really short partner for Chau, somewhere out there.

15. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

Yep. He's pretty short for a pairs skater. It was inevitable that she'd outgrow him.

16. dupagegal

dupagegal New Member

Danny OShea is relocating to Ellenton Fl.to Skate pairs with Haven Denney. I hear that Danny will be skating singles as well. I wonder if UGL or South Atlantic?

17. Marg43

Marg43 New Member

Tracy has changed coaches is now skating in fort Myers with Richard Callahan

18. nirti

nirti Member

Martin Liebers is on icepartnersearch, so he probably has split with Nicole Gurny.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

That is a shame.

But if I was Nicole Gurny, I would either skate for Singles for Poland where she would be guaranteed to make the National Team or skate for pairs for Poland where she would also be guaranteed to make the National Team.

20. ice.dance.girl

ice.dance.girl Member

why poland??? she's from south africa IIRC

21. sandra_persch

sandra_persch Well-Known Member

As far as I know Nicis dad is German, her mum Polish, she was born in Dubai and skated for South Africa for a while ;)

22. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yes and she speaks fluent Polish.

23. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

Vanessa James is on icepartnersearch.

24. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

:eek: Did this just happen or is it old???

25. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

Hers is the top bio listed under "Newest Skaters" and has a June 21 edit date.

26. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

So she skated a whole three seconds with Coia? :lol: :eek: Strange.

27. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:eek: Vanessa ...what the ?... gee, she was born in Canada and Cody Hay needs a partner....how would they be size wise ?

28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Cool idea! They should totally go for it (as long as their height matches).

29. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies ├╝ber

I just checked and she's not there? There is a Melyssa James listed for ice dance (is that Vanessa's sister? Bio says she has Canadian and British citizenship)

30. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

Yes, sister, she was skating/ice dancing for the UK several years now.