P&G & Walmart Tribute to American Legends of the Ice~Wed,December 11 @ 7:30 P

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by dardar1126, Sep 18, 2013.

1. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

Caught part of it. Pretty eech til boitano appeared. Man can still skate! Amazing! Edging!! Someone learned **figures** thank you so much!!! Kids, go learn figures so you too can still look grrrrreat in middle age!!!

2. JockProf

JockProf New Member

I'm usually not a fan of these shows, but I have to say that I REALLY liked the nostalgia here. I got goose bumps when Paul Wylie's Olympic music started and I know that I can see it any time, but it was just something about seeing all these skaters in one venue. Too bad that everyone could not have been there. At least Peggy and Dorothy made the interviews. I'm glad that they finally allowed Linda Fratianne to have some air time as well - she always seems to get overlooked for a 4-time national champion and 2-time world champion.

3. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

LOVED Paul Wylie. Just so much class! And seeing Alissa was just... :swoon:

4. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Alyssa was there, too!

5. Kathryn2001

Kathryn2001 Member

Gotta add how impressed i was with Paul Wylie; that guy is in great shape. Always love that LP 92 O music. Kitty Carruthers, again, fabulous shape; looked like she did in the 80s.
    They obviously tweaked the broadcast after Nationals. Announced Gracie as the Nat'l champion. Maybe they moved skaters programs around with Ashley and Aaron 1st and 2nd on the program and Gracie late in the program (who looked fabulous and did her complete SP with 3lutz/3toe). I felt if Ashley had won gold in Boston, she would have been shown later in the program. All in all, it was a very good show and lovely trek down memory lane.

6. RD

RD Well-Known Member

IIRC, Wagner was 1st to skate in the actual show...so it would be natural for her to be first on the broadcast, too.

7. lauren329

lauren329 Active Member

Ashley was first in the actual show followed by Max. Marissa & Simon closed Act I. Gracie was towards the end- she missed the combo and did some retakes for TV. Besides cutting Agnes and Adam, they went I think exactly in order.

8. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

I figured they would "chack" Agnes since she didn't do well @ Nationals. It still would have been nice to see her, since she skated to Whitney Houston's version of "I'll Always Love You" and the kids from the Bronx were going nuts over her music selection. We were sitting in their section, a few rows in front of them, and it was adorable to watch those kids. I am really bummed that they didn't show Adam's gorgeous program!

Favorite programs of the evening that were shown on the broadcast - Paul Wylie's - what a thrill to see "Henry V" live. Loved Kitty & Peter, Brian B., Tanith & Ben, and was very impressed with Nancy's sp.

9. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

10. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

True. I also sorta expected Adam to be chacked. I thought that Linda Fratianne looks terrific these days - physique and face, especially when compared with others in her generation. Carrutherses were the absolute 'hit' among the skating vets, though. Brian also wonderful, of crs...but we already expect that. Carrutherses were THE big surprise.

11. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

So where were Peggy and Dorothy - Olympic Gold medalists? And Michelle Kwan. They didn't have to skate. They just should have been there.

12. spinelli

spinelli New Member

The show was preempted here in my area for a basketball game. I'm terribly disappointed to have missed it. Could someone please do a run down of which skates were shown on the broadcast? Thanks, in advance.

13. dardar1126

Skating (minus the intros, taped segments & chit-chat):

Ashley
    Max
    Roz & Linda...joined by Brian
    Sarah & her niece
    Chock & Bates
    Paul
    Peter & Kitty
    Marissa & Simon
    Alyssa
    Tanith & Ben
    Nancy
    Brian
    Full cast finale

14. spinelli

spinelli New Member

Thanks, dardar1126. Appreciate it.

15. RD

RD Well-Known Member

What were the "taped segments" shown? (Can't believe I accidentally deleted it off my DVR before I had a chance to watch & import! :mad: )

16. dardar1126

Segments (not counting live chat between hosts and intros):

Tribute to female American skaters...interviews and archival film
    Kristi with Kips Bay Boys & Girls Club
    Ashley PSA against under-age drinking
    Evan PSA re: Harlem girls skating program

17. mikey

mikey ...an acquired taste

Wow- Alyssa CAN do a nice double axel...

18. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Thanks! Appreciate it.

19. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Just bumping this thread. The show is on again right now on the AXS TV channel 340 with DirecTV. I posted in TV Alerts earlier. It began at 12 p.m. (central time). There's still another hour to go of the show.