Over 40 Actresses

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by orbitz, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Grannyfan

Grannyfan Active Member

All these women look good, but for my money Helen Mirren and Sigourney Weaver are in a class by themselves. Maybe that's because I'm about their age but could probably pass as their mother.

I didn't realize there was a new Ghostbusters coming out. My grandson, who's nearly 14, recently discovered the original and was carried away with it.

2. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Also, if X-Men was made 10 years earlier, Bassett would've made a kick-butt Storm. One that is truer to the look and feel of the comic book character. That said, I actually liked Halle's Storm in the first X-Men movie (where she had an African accent and all), but then they changed the character in the subsequent films and it felt like "another" Halle Berry role.

3. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

What I found disappointing about Halle's Storm was that Halle brought no authority to the role; There was little presence and almost nothing in the way she delivered her lines; It could've been portrayed by any attractive Hollywood starlet with so-so acting ability.

Storm in the comic is very exotic looking. Somone with Iman's features would've made a great looking Storm at least.

4. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Iman - now there's someone who looks positively fantastic. She's not "beautiful for a 56 year old," she's just beautiful.

5. elka_sk8

elka_sk8 Well-Known Member

Meryl's upcoming projects sound cool- the collaboration with Tina Fey has the potential to be funny as hell.

I finally saw The King's Speech last weekend (since this is a thread about women, I will not gush about Colin Firth :swoon:). I thought Helena Bonham Carter's performance was really touching. She's played some wacky characters as of late but it's in more subtle roles like this that she really shines, IMO. I'd love to see her get more (non-Tim Burton) work after this.

6. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Milena Velba.

Oh, sorry, are you referring to age?