Over 40 Actresses

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by orbitz, Mar 28, 2011.

1. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

List of 40 over 40 actresses.

Who knew there were so many and with projects. I thought it was just Meryl Streep, and ...well, Meryl Streep :lol:

It's nice to read that Michelle Pfeiffer will be back on the big screen again, although it will be in a drama,and her serious movies don't usually do very well.

Meryl has an oscar bait project "The Iron Lady" in her future; It's an autobiography of Margaret Thatcher. The potential bad new is that it will be directed by the same lady that butchered the big screen version of "Mama Mia".

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

How great is THIS? So much for the youth movement.
    WHY is Sarah Silverman on the list?

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  3. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Wow - I didn't recognize Robin Wright with dark hair.

And either that picture of Julia Roberts caught her in a weird moment, or she's had eye work done. Bad eye work.

4. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I'm super excited that Frances McDormand is starring in the tv adaptation of Olive Kitteridge. I was wondering who'd make an ideal Olive as I was reading the novel. I knew it'd make a great HBO series.

5. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

But her trademark protruding forehead vein is still in place, so she's probably Botox-free! :p

Robin Wright looks great with dark hair. Frances McDorman should sue whoever took that picture of her. And Tilda Swinton is 50?!?!?! I never would have guessed. Angela Bassett also looks amazing, although I knew she was in her 50s.

6. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

If only we could all look as good at 61 as Sigourney Weaver (and at 50 as Tilda Swinton, and Helen Mirren at 65--amazing, all of them).

I'm not sure I like Princess Buttercup with jet-black hair. Maybe a more medium-brown would look better?

7. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I think her eyes look like she needs an eye job. Esp the left drooping lid.

Sorry, but Tilda Swinton looks about as "good" as Marcia Wallace or Ann B Davis.

8. genevieve

:huh: Tilda Swinton barely looks over 35. I would have guessed she was maybe 38, tops.

9. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

My girl-crush will always be Helen Mirren...wow! :swoon:

10. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

Michelle Pfeiffer is going to play Elizabeth in the "Dark Shadows" film? :eek: As good as she looks, and as bad of that profile picture of Eva Green on imDB looks, let Michelle play Angelique!

Work done or not (and I have no idea), my fellow William and Mary alum Glenn Close looks incredible at over 60, as do Helen Mirren and Sigourney Weaver. :swoon:

11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I always thought that Glenn had a singular type of attractiveness.

12. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I don't get it either. She is such a B-lister.

13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Seriously. And not really that funny.
    Where is Lindsay Lohan?:EVILLE:

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  14. AnnieBgood

AnnieBgood Active Member

ITA!

I totally want to age as well as all the English women on that list. wowza

15. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Great list. I'm glad to see more women over 40 having projects considering the traditionally youth-obsessed business.

16. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Thank god for indies. The indie film industry has opened up so many additional acting opportunities.

17. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Nice to see Angela Bassett on the list. I think she doesn't get enough work worthy of her.

I love Laura Linney too - ever since Tales of the City, I have been a fan.

18. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

So Meg Ryan's movie career is kaput?

19. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

That's what happens when you overdo the lip plumper. She would be scary scary in HD.

20. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

She quickly aged out of those cutesy-poo yuppie princess parts she played all the time. I found her unwatchable most of the time. And those platypus lips didn't help matters.

21. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

:lol: :EVILLE: :2faced:

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  22. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

:rofl: Our taste (and distaste) in celebrities always matches up. Meg annoyed me when she was young and cute and I was really annoyed by how many smart men had the hots for her. Whereas men who have the hots for the three women on that list in my age group -- Michelle, Annette and Julianne -- well, those guys have excellent taste. And even though she's not all that sexy, I just love Emma Thompson and want to see her in more movies.

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  23. genevieve

I admit it, I thought Meg Ryan was adorable in DOA, and totally perfect in When Harry Met Sally... but the schtick got old. Or maybe just she did :shuffle: Then the plastic surgery was :yikes: :scream: And Dennis Quaid got all the sympathy, and the career re-boost, in the divorce. I just find her utterly unwatchable now.

24. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

LOL, for real! She's not the kind to worry about how she looks, but THAT pic is friggin' criminal (and :rofl:)

The Aniston thread, here, is still inexplicitly going strongly, but I don't want :shuffle: to tread back in. So, I'll use this thread to add more fuel to the fiery argument that she is 1) a fine comedic actress with another deserved role; or 2) in a deal with the devil to be co-starring in a film with these six :kickass: actors:

25. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Angela Bassett and Annette Bening are on the list. Still looking beautiful at 52! :)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

On the one hand: Annette Bening is only 52? :wideeyes:

OTOH: Annette Bening looks pretty, healthy and natural, and her lack of "enhancements" has enabled her to continue a fine career that should feature the opportunity for many future terrific roles. (Unlike so many other older actresses, who unfortunately can no longer move their upper faces enough to act and/or are tough for a potential audience to look at.)

:respec: that Marissa Tomei, still the butt of some jokes for winning her first ;) Oscar, is on this list. She's chosen roles wisely and quietly built a respected career, garnered two(?) more Oscar noms, and is gettingawards buzz on her roles for 2011.

27. genevieve

wheee, John Francis Daley! :cheer2: He deserves to have every bit as much of the post-Freaks & Geeks success as his costars (including James Franco, Jason Segal, Seth Rosen, Linda Cardellini and Busy Phillips)

28. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I love Marisa Tomei...there I said it. I'm not ashamed.

29. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

After watching Body of Proof last night, add Dana Delaney to the list. She still looks amazing at 55, and it's a nice juicy acting role too.

30. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

And you know, it's looking like Jennifer Aniston is getting her parts now. :fragile:

I have always adored Angela so much, ever since I saw her in Boyz in The Hood. I think she's stunning and a great actress. I really became a Bassett "hound" after seeing her portray Tina Turner - her acting was amazing and the concert scenes rocked. And she totally counteracted Whitney Houston's awfulness in Waiting to Exhale and made it a better movie than it was. But she's very, very particular about the roles that she portrays, and that means she may not always be as visible as she should be. She originally was offered the role of Letitia in Monster's Ball and she turned it down. Maybe it's just me, but I do think that if she had taken the part, she would have tore it up and no one would have doubted her ability or whether or not she deserved to win the Oscar. Some said she was a tad bitter after Halle Berry took the part and won the Oscar. There were some alleged quotes of her saying that the role was "degrading" to black women or some stuff....I still think she should have taken the part.