Out's 100 Most Eligible Gay Bachelors

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Allen, Feb 12, 2011.

1. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I think the list is missing Anderson Cooper. Just saying :shuffle:

Quite a few actors on the list. None of whom can really be called household names, which bring me back to what Rupert Everett said something to the effect that being out ruin one's Hollywood career. Of course all of the actors on the list could really suck also, :lol: I meant acting-wise, of course ;)

2. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

OUT should just be done with it and call this our 100 Most Unattainable Gay Bachelors.

I think that's one of the reasons why I stay away from gay mags like OUT and in Australia, DNA. It just re-inforces how everyday people just don't measure up to an ideal.

3. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I think that's true of DNA, but that magazine is selling a fantasy and people buy it or hawk at it for what it is. But that is true of most glossy magazines anyway; They only put extremely attractive people on the covers, because that's what sale.

Not everyone on the OUT list of elegible bachelors is what I would labeled the stereotypical ideal of the perfect gay man though.

4. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Other than the fact that most of the guys are actors, I didn't find most of them that unattainable. I feel like a lot of them are normal looking guys.

5. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

No Anderson Cooper? No Ricky Martin?
    Or are they not eligible or I missed them?

6. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Anderson Cooper has never publicly stated his sexual orientation. The OUT list only includes people who are publicly out.

Ricky Martin said on The View that he has a partner.

7. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

Obviously, the chief criterion for this list is living in New York City. Second is living in Los Angeles. Third is being involved in some way with fashion or design.

8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Other than Darryl (#3), and one of the chefs, none of them appeal to me...

9. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

A quick internet search turned up a few vague, cryptic references to his girlfriend, but nobody seems to know anything about her. :confused:

10. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Neither does Anderson :p

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  11. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

:rofl: Anderson Cooper, like Clooney, does look better as he ages. Entertainment Weekly had a picture of a very young Anderson in its bulleyes page a few months ago; He was quite a hottie back then too.

Has his mom Gloria completely retired from public life? She used to be all over the TV and magazines with her Vanderbilt jeans and then she just sort of disappear. Similar thing with the designer Mary McFadden.

12. indicatoto101

indicatoto101 New Member

:rofl: There are no references to a past girlfriend, but plenty of sightings with GIRLfriends like Kathy Griffin and Gaga.

The list is too tedious to browse through. Out must be kidding me if they think they want me to click 100 times to get through the list.

13. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

No Mark Lund?