Outlook and Gmail Synchronisation problem

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aussie Willy, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Okay not sure if I am going to make sense here.

Have been sorting out my Outlook on the new laptop. Our skating association has gmail addresses for our roles.

When I set up the Gmail so that I could receive the emails in my Outlook (Office 2010 version), it start downloading masses of data which is using up my download for my ISP. I did want to get all the emails anyway so I kind of understand that particular day there might be a lot of download, but it appears that every time I go into Outlook, it is just downloading. I have sorted it out with my personal email (as I think that was a problem too). But I am now freaking out because I am only a day into my new cycle and I have already used over 1.2 GB of my monthly data download and I only have 9GB for the month which is usually plenty of download.

I think it is a problem with the synchronisation set up, but even trying to find something on Google is a bit difficult because how do you actually describe the problem in a few words? I have now just set up the Gmail address to forward the emails to my normal email, but it is very handy to have the Gmail account set up as a separate folder so all the emails for the association are saved there.

However I didn't have this problem with my previous laptop and I can't check out the set ups on that because it is cactus. Does anyone have any idea how to sort this out?

2. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Sounds like it's more a problem with settings in Outlook than Gmail. I'd start with all the sync settings for your accounts in Gmail. My Gmail account is synced with Outlook with no difficulties, and nothing more coming in than the newest mails I've received.

3. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Thanks - I will have a look at that. I was trying to sort that out as well.

I am going to the Gmail account and doing a massive clean up of all the emails in there. It probably needed it anyway.