Orser takes it to another level

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by amaro, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Same reasons why there wasn't any communication between the two all summer?
  2. aisurukoto

aisurukoto New Member

I just watched this situation. For people who say leaking the names of the music to the media without the skater's consent is no big deal, i seriously want to check what they've got stuffed in their brains. Is this the kind of respect that Oser mentioned? Wow. If it is alright to do this, maybe from now on, we should drop our curiouity over the musical choice of all skaters. After all, thanks to Oser, practically anybody, including ex-coaches and spies won't be reprimanded for leaking information to the media. This is really not like him...It was imprudent of Oser to say so.
  3. clara00

clara00 New Member

orser said yuna should learn something from this but it's not yuna to learn. it's us to learn. don't do social life like him. it's stupid to claim "firing" when you are not doing any contract. and don't be a saddist who loves colleague so much and slashing them w/ media.:(
    RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  4. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

So, he was fired, but nobody on Yu Na's team knew about it? Including Yu Na?
  5. amaro

amaro New Member

People are complaining about Orser insisting that it was Ms. Park's decision all along to part ways, which is not true according to Yuna, no matter what capacity Ms. Park was playing.
  6. Moxie

Moxie New Member

I thought she was shocked by the other stuff he said, not the firing. Because she did tweet the bit about it being her decision.
  7. euneri

euneri New Member

This is what David Wilson said regarding Brian's announcement of Yuna's Arirang LP:

프로그램의 안무를 담당한 데이비드 윌슨도 올댓스포츠를 통해 "브라이언 오서가 프로그램에 대해 언론에 공개한다는 사실을 전혀 모르고 있었다. 미디어와 인터뷰하기 전 프로그램을 공개하겠다는 단 한마디의 말도 하지 않았다"며 "이 상황에 무척 놀랍고 당황스럽다"고 입장을 밝혔다.

David Wilson who is in charge of the program's choreography revealed through ATS, "I had no idea that Brian Orser was going to reveal details regarding the program to the media. He didn't mention a single word about announcing the program even prior to his interviews with the media." And added "I am very surprised about this situation and rather confused".

(source: http://xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=126582)
  8. lakewood

lakewood New Member

Yuna' side wanted a temporary separation not a divorce (in comparison with marriage). Maybe, it could lead to divorce but they never gave final notice on Aug 2. But, Orser denies it.
  9. amaro

amaro New Member

According to ATS, the official firing didn't happen on 8/2, rather they suggested that Yuna and Orser take some time off. She was shocked at Orser making the public announcement on 8/23.
  10. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Active Member

Brian, the next season is coming, Now focus on your skaters as you said. I'll support you and your skaters as I did before.

Yu-Na, practice hard, focus on yourself and make your show in L.A. the mega-hit ice show in the World.

Go separate ways!

"This too will pass away" - the sentence you loved.
  11. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

Yup. It seems like Orser may have thought it was officially over on Aug. 2, but Yu-Na's side may have just thought it was a temporary thing. If I was Orser, I would NOT have went public with this until I had spoken to Yu-Na and could make a joint public announcement.

I can't get over how weird this story is. :lol:
  12. bek

bek Guest

A part of me doesn't necessarily think Brian was intentially trying to hurt Yu-na by revealing the music. I think he maybe wasn't thinking and was perhaps trying to say something nice. But then again he knows how important and secretive music choices are, and so for him to reveal it was ridiculous.

Brian really needs to apologize to David for it. Just because Brian/Yu-na are over doesn't mean David/Yu-na have to be. And the thing is I'm sure David relys on confidentiality when it comes to his students and their programs. As the head of the Cricket Club, Brian really shouldn't be commenting on those things.

I know that I've criticized Brian but I'm not inclined to see him demonized either but I think the above is example of why saying the least amount of things necessary is wise.

The thing is to this music is very special and poignant music for Koreans so Yu-na might have very much wanted a special announcement.
  13. clara00

clara00 New Member

yuna, you chosen bulletproof to be your gala. but sadly, your bulletproof coach become a gun and now it's attacking you. he said he didn't want anybody to be in muddy. ironically he throws you into the mire. everytime you get out of the mire, he pushes your head and says " i hope you are happy. i support your future." you could see this scene in some horror movie. oh. this is not helping you but yuna plz think about it. in somewhere in the world, someone support you.
  14. lakewood

lakewood New Member

It should have been like that.
  15. amaro

amaro New Member

I thought it was finally all over when he did the CTV interview this morning. Now I think he isn't doing an interview right now only because he needs to sleep. I really hope Brian doesn't talk to the press tomorrow, but somehow I don't see him letting it go any time soon.
  16. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

I agree... He probably mentioned her program/music in an effort to show people he cares about Yu-Na and her skating. But he's most likely going to regret revealing any music selections.
  17. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

:respec:
  18. Moxie

Moxie New Member

Her side has said both. Her cyworld letter outright talks about parting from her coach.
  19. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

This is sad really.
    I wish both of them learn from this and move on.
    One good thing about it is I don't get to watch that cheesy air con commercial anymore.
  20. aisurukoto

aisurukoto New Member

I was impatient at the change in my hero.
    There are times when he needs to be quiet.
    And, he will know what's good for his whole life..
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  21. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Who cares? I know I don't ... which makes me even more curious as to why I just read this entire thread. :lol:
  22. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

Hmm. I've noticed A LOT of new posters during the past two or three days. Interesting.
  23. lakewood

lakewood New Member

It is when Orser already finalized the split. Maybe, YuNa tried to make final decision after a period of time off. But, isn't that what Orser demands as a process of firing?
  24. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

It is during these times that I wish we had an ignore list to filter out people with less than 20 posts. :p
  25. melonmelon

melonmelon New Member

:lol:
  26. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Well-Known Member

We can all post our predominantly uninformed (because they are) interpretations/theories/support but it seems to me that this is never really going to be resolved, at least not in the public eye, because it'd mean someone really backtracking on the things which have been said so far. And at the end of the day, we (the public/fans) aren't actually owed an explanation at all. It's interesting and gossipy, yes, but it's not our right to know the actual circumstances. I hope both parties can come to some kind of reconcilliation in private and move on. To be honest, I don't think either side has come off very well from this and BOTH, yes both, should stop talking IMO.
  27. RunnersHigh

http://www.france24.com/en/20100825-orser-baffled-mother-ordered-kim-split

How come?

Really?
  28. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

??
  29. aisurukoto

aisurukoto New Member

Anyway.... Now, I'm worried about Rippon and Gao when they need to leave Cricket.. How can they say good-bye to their coach after seeing this kind of mess? As discussed, Orser is very classy :D
  30. INO

INO New Member

ITA. :respec:
  31. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

Because it's entertaining.:watch:

Off season is too boring.
  32. aisurukoto

aisurukoto New Member

??? i just said orser.
  33. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of why Yuna wanted to leave Orser, this is only my theory, is because Orser lied about Mao's agent contacting him, in order to get a big contract with Yuna. Orser mentioned that he did not have a contract with Yuna. He only gets paid hourly.. so that got me thinking.. Maybe Orser wanted be on salary.. after all he guided her to the Olympic Gold Medal. I think he deserves it considering how much money Yuna is making. Briain hasn't been consistant on whether Mao's camp contacted him or not.. He actually seems to be confused about it.. that tells me he might be lying.. Taht's my theory.

I am not on neither's side.
  34. beautytina

beautytina New Member

ATS stated, "Normally, unless the skater discloses it herself, details of new programs are kept under heavy confidentiality." They explained, "Up until now, it was always either Kim Yu-Na who directly disclos informations on the new programs, or through the press release of the management company after negotiating information with her."

ATS also explained that, "Despite the new program being decided by the choreographer David Wilson, the former coach released the information to the press without consulting with him. The only interpretation we can come up with his actions is that he's intentionally trying to harm Kim Yu-Na."

Choreographer of the LP, David Wilson, also confirmed through ATS, "I had no idea that Brian Orser disclosed information on the new program. Even before the interview with the media, he did not say a word about disclosing information." And further explained his stance by saying, "I am very surprised and taken aback by this situation."

ATS added, "An athlete and a coach's parting is a normal occurrence, and we don't want both sides being on bad/uncomfortable terms because of this. We demand that coach Orser discontinue slanderous remarks toward the skater immediately, and if he discloses further details pertaining to the athlete's training process, we will take appropriate actions accordingly."

Kim Yu-Na, who is currently training at the Cricket Club in Toronto, is in careful contemplation of the training in the future, and will immediately notify the press once their plans become concrete.
  35. eyh201

eyh201 New Member

But he's enjoyed the extra incomes from the ice show producing, TV commercials and his autobiography contracts. All of those came from Kim's popularity in Korea. I don't think he wanted more money.
  36. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

Both sides are acting like kids.
    Orser talks too much. Shut up man!
    Yuna, you say you're no longer a child but a Mature adult is supposed know that in this case, it's better to talk in private and not using twitter.

and if ATS didn't know anything about it, then it shows that mama KIM is the one doing all the job. No teamwork.

And SBS, I don't trust them. They like to make up stories.
  37. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

Sorry if this has been posted already.

IMG has denied the rumor officially.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...on-kim-says-orser-lied-about-their-split.html

38. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

39. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

Yes, he must surely made a lot of money out of Yuna. Thus, we don't see why he would want to part ways with her. No reason at all.

I don't know why people keep bringing up Mao's name. I think it's clear that either Brian, the Korean Media or ATS made up the story( I personally believe that Brian is the one who made up the story). Moreover, didn't Yuna mention that she was not always happy during the past 4 years ? this shows that problems were already there even before Mao story came.
  40. RunnersHigh

This is not the first time nor the last time. I bet ppl keep bringing up her name again and again. And ppl like you keep complaining again and again. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.