Orser takes it to another level

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by amaro, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaro

amaro Active Member

2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

So what really happened?

3. snobben2345

snobben2345 New Member

whoo boy, here we go again! :watch:

4. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

What level did he take it to? I don't see anything new in this article. Except that Kim apparently won Worlds this year.

HisWeirness and (deleted member) like this.
  5. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Is it true that Mao is interested in Orser? I would be if I were Mao.

And if Orser was paid as little as posted on the previous thread, regardless of his other sources of income, I can understand this particular source of rancor. Aren't these things usually about :bribe:?

6. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

:watch:

This is starting to get very interesting.

The question still remains the same though -- WHY?

P.S. I she still training at the Cricket Club, that must be horribly awkward. And, does anyone have a link to her twitter?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  7. ebayj

ebayj New Member

I only see an additional level of diplomatic candor, class and honesty from Brian. Young people sometimes make decisions or go along with decisions they later regret. This may be one of them.

8. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Oh... Brian *Sigh*

9. wickedwitch

wickedwitch Well-Known Member

Brian should have issued one statement and then stopped there. He's not helping anybody by continuing to talk about this subject publicly.

10. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Another level? Did he take an elevator somewhere?

I'm with ebayj on this one.

I don't see why he shouldn't talk to people who ask him questions. It's not like he's done anything wrong. except maybe be Canadian

11. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I agree. By keeping it in the spotlight, even when he's trying to make good, he's only making it worse.

I was surprised that it took so long for someone to make a new thread though. :lol:

12. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

I agree with ebayj and Really as well. Brian had to make a statement of some kind, he was accused of being a liar afterall.

-Bridget

13. amaro

amaro Active Member

I don't get the last part. Does that mean he will block Yuna from hiring other coaches and custom designers from her old team?

“She’ll be fine. I know she’ll be fine,” he said. “I know that they will grow from this and maybe they’ll learn something from this, because coaches are people and costume designers are people and you have to be kind of prepared to make changes.

“I’m not the only one to be let go from this camp and I won’t be the last.”

14. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Is it just me that Orser's way immature for his age?
    I am now very interested in psychiatric aspects of the series of Orser's actions and comments so far....

15. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I disagree. It's barely 24 hours since the news first broke out. The major news outlet in Canada would likely write the story for today or tomorrow, not yesterday.

Brian is merely answering questions asked to him, in a honest and thoughtful way, IMO.

You'd think So You Think You Can Dance Canada was interrupted by a press conference held by Brian or something.

16. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. Loved what he had to say. IMO he is handling this with grace and dignity. Something, frankly, I would have expected from Yu-Na. I am greatly disappointed in her....but I do understand that it could well be that she is doing what many kids do.....protecting and siding with her mother.

I sure wish her well. And, I never saw this coming. What a shock.

17. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with what Brian said in this interview? :confused: He continues to act with the utmost class, IMO.

He's 100 percent correct when he says Yu-Na will be fine. She will be -- she's a strong person.

18. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

Um, no. Unless one is very :confused: .

19. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I think that, in tone, he didn't take it to another level. But, he did point out that Yuna could not have known what her mother said -- or did not say -- to Brian because she wasn't there. And then he tried to explain it from her perspective that she is trying to protect her mother.

Here's the thing, if you accuse someone of lying, it is going to inflame the situation and create questions. The person accused of lying is not going to stay silent, even if they do try to respond in a relatively tactful way, which I think Brian did.

In addition, as long as Kim or her team continue to give conflicting stories -- like first saying that Brian was the one who ended things and then saying that they (and then just Yuna) made the decison -- and as long as they refuse to say what the reasons were for Brian's firing (now that they seem to be admitting that it was their, er, Yuna's, decision), there are going to be questions and this story is not going to go away. If they don't give an explanation and they don't deny that they failed to inform Brian about some pretty important decisions, they continue to look bad. And there's no way anyone is going to really believe that this was Yuna's decision if another Korean skater is being pulled from Brian's team, too.

It may be that Yuna is very non-confrontational and therefore did not want to tell Brian that they were going to go a different route, much less why. I believe Brian when he says that Yuna didn't explain things when he talked to her, but she may not have been confused. She may just not have wanted to deliver the news to him or explain things to him. But, she really should have.

She really does need a new PR team. Like I said before, I doubt that she has really said the statements attributed to her. But, whoever is writing those statements is doing a bad job. She does not come across as respectful or honest and forthcoming (and also seems a bit gutless).

Huh? I don't see that at all. It just sounds like he is saying that he is not the only person to be fired by Team Yuna.

20. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Seen skating: check.
    Seen standing: check.
    Seen knitting: check.

21. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

No.

22. ltnskater

ltnskater Active Member

Actually, no, I think what he means is, no matter what happens in the future, he (referring himself as a coach) will not be the last one to be let go, there will be other coaches, and costume designers, and other people involved with her skating that will also be let go eventually (which makes sense, there is no rule to say that a skater has to stick with their coach/choreographer/costume designer throughout their whole skating career).

Anyways...here comes round 2...let's see if this thread can make it to 1000 posts...hehe

23. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Immature in what way? Other than he apparently dared to disagree with Team Yu-Na's version of events.

24. wickedwitch

I don't think he's doing anything wrong, but I can't imagine he wants the media focused on this issue. It doesn't do him, Kim, or any of his students any good. And as long as he'll continue to answer questions, the media will keep asking. What he said yesterday and this morning was enough. There's no need to keep elaborating.

And while plenty of people are unfairly attacking him, I don't see how it has anything to do with the fact he's Canadian, just that he's at opposing sides to a popular skater.

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

When do you think Brian gave this interview with the Toronto Star? A few minutes before the interview went online?

26. eyh201

eyh201 New Member

It seems Orser still wants to believe Kim is just looking after her mom.

But based on the tone of her note on Cyworld, she's not. Kim is quite good at writing in Korean so that you can easily notice what she's genuinely trying to say if you know Korean.

I'd like to tell Orser this: Brian, I know you genuinely loved Yu-Na. I could see that in your eyes last four years. But all the media fuss YOU started really hurts Yu-Na, your beloved first pupil who led you to coaching career. You even hit her again revealing her LP music. So disappointing given your fame and integrity. Please, please stop all the media play.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  27. mrinalini

mrinalini Active Member

I think it's amusing how there's suddenly lots of wonderful new posters (aka Yunabots) popping up and taking digs at Brian - quite a contrast from the worshipful attitude accorded to him whilst he was serving as the High Priest to the Goddess. :lol: How swiftly the winds change, eh?

I say, rock on Brian - he's handled himself well thus far and is entitled to speak the truth when he's asked about it.

taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

29. leon

leon New Member

Maybe everyone needs to learn something.
    For sure, Brian needs to learn how to be fired with grace and dignity and a shut mouth.

30. wickedwitch

When I said this morning, I meant on TV. No need to do any more interviews after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.