Orphan Black - Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by shutterbug, Apr 18, 2014.

1. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

This deserves its own thread IMHO. Season 2 starts tomorrow at 9:00 pm eastern on BBC America and Space in Canada. :cheer2: I've been doing a season 1 re-watch the last few days, and am once again struck by how absorbing the series is. Tatiana Maslany is a truly amazing actress. To whet your appetite, check out this "Cloneversation" with the cast hosted by Wil Wheaton earlier this week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb_HEyrBBs8 Warning: Wil can be a wee bit annoying at times. :lol:

2. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

I watched part of the Cloneversation on BBCA. Wil Wheaton is terrible!

But, :cheer: for season 2!

3. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

I'm so glad someone has started this thread! I love this show! Tatiana M. is absolutely superb; she has the look of a young Helen Mirren at times. And I love Jordan G. Actually the whole cast is terrific. Funny, I have an actor friend who auditioned for the show and didn't know a thing about it. I was trying to get some spoilers from him but he just read for a brief bit as a motel owner who didn't see anything.

4. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

This show has become my TV crack addiction :rofl:. I'm currently watching the marathon running on BBC America. They just started the second round of airing Season One in its entirety at 8:00pm EDT, which will run until 6:00am tomorrow morning, followed by the one-hour Cloneversation special from 6:00 until 7:00am. They're then going to re-air episodes 6-10 from 7:00 until Noon.

From Noon until 9:00, they're airing the entire Matrix Trilogy, and then at 9:00pm, of course...it's

SEASON TWO PREMIERE TIME!! :cheer2: :respec: :cheer2:

Only 21 hours (well, 15 minutes more than that) to go!!

Previously.tv has a discussion forum set up for it here: http://forums.previously.tv/forum/97-orphan-black/, and they will be doing recaps as other goodies here: http://previously.tv/shows/orphan-black/

ETA: Does anybody here think that Tatiana Maslany bears a bit of a resemblance to Elena Ilinykh? They're both :glamor:, but someone about their looks/bone structure is strikingly similar IMO.

5. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

BBC America air times for the Season Two Premiere (from my post at Previously.tv):

6. shutterbug

Wheeee, totally fab episode! I was a bit worried that the quality and intensity might drop off in Season 2, but it was just fine. Still blown away by the awesomeness that is Tatiana Maslany – I totally forget that it’s one person playing all these different characters.

Article on the episode (contains spoilers): 'Orphan Black' Declassified: EP Breaks Down Season 2 Premiere's Big Reveals

7. znachki

znachki Active Member

Great start to season two and how about
    Felix in assless chaps
    ? :wideeyes: :rofl:

8. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Damn - that has to be one of the best Season Premieres in the history of television!! :cheer2: :eek: :respec: :rockstar:

Tatiana Maslany killed it, as usual. Loved the scene where Sarah was pretending to be Cosima :rofl: :respec:.

9. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

It takes a superb actor to share a scene with T.M. but Jordan G. does it! He can really act his pants off, literally!

10. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I liked Sarah hitting Rachel after Rachel said you can't hit me. :lol:

11. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

OMG Helena! :D :cheer:
    "Excuse me, my sister shot me." :rofl:

12. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

And next week, she'll be in a hospital bed eating jello.

13. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Love this series, great premier. Jordan G. deserves an award just for putting on that provocative lingerie.

Soccer Mom is my favourite :kickass: Great touch with the pepper spray and the whistle.

14. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

BBC America put out this video with some of Fe's best lines/scenes from Season One:

Jordan Gavaris is F-E-L-I-X

"You cannot hide in minimalist furniture!"

"Hey!!......Sharesies?"

"There's redness - right there - tiny little suburban stress zits!"

"Does your Daddy have a drinks trolley?"

....and my favorite: "Adios, Dragsters!!!"

:rofl:

Tatiana is definitely the star of OB, but Jordan/Felix damn near steals every scene he's in :respec: :rofl:.

15. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

My friend watches this -- we watched some of the season 1 marathon this weekend. She told me that she thought the actress based Helena's personality on Oksana Bauil! :lol:

Cyn and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

17. shutterbug

Good ratings! :cheer: 'Orphan Black' Season Two Premiere Doubles Adults 18-49 Season One Average

Spoiler re: Michiel Huisman’s role
    Am I the only one old enough to remember Matt Frewer as Max Headroom? Every time Dr. Leekie speaks I giggle to myself a little bit. :D

18. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

19. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Definitely not the only one -- I busted out laughing when he first appeared on screen :rofl:.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy! :p

20. shutterbug

Meet The Woman (Besides Tatiana Maslany) Who Plays Every Single "Orphan Black" Clone

Alexandre will appear in episode 9 as a character of her own. :) The accompanying behind-the-scenes video is fascinating.

Episode 2 tonight! :cheer2:

Thanks for this! Now I'll really have to hold back the laughter when Leekie starts talking. :lol:

21. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

shutterbug and cyn, thanks so much for all these extras! I'm excited for tonight. Gee, you'd think it was a skating event!

22. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:rofl: So am I (excited for tonight's episode) -- less that 5 minutes to go!!

I'll be watching both airings (the second one being at midnight EDT) -- can't wait to find out where Kira and Mrs. S. are (and who has them), as well as what's going to happen with Helena -- since she said that her sister shot her before she collapsed, won't Art and Angie be on the hunt for her as well? Oh, and Alison's apparent nervous breakdown about Aynsley.

23. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAA :eek: :wideeyes: :eek: :wideeyes:

Tonight's episode was fcuking amazeballs. Gonna have to re-watch it again at midnight before I can get my thoughts organized enough to comment on it.

24. shutterbug

I have no words. Mind blown.....:wideeyes:

25. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Do those religious fanatics seriously think they stand a chance against crazy Helena? Just wait 'til she wakes up.

And now I'm worried about Alison and Cosima. Please don't kill off any more clones!

And how is it that Felix gets better every episode? I've read a few interviews with Jordan G. and the guy is so bright, so very committed to his character and determined not to turn him into a caricature. I don't think I could stand it if they jumped the shark with this show.

26. Jubak

Jubak Well-Known Member

Ah, but are those religious fanatics part of Helena's problem to begin with? Perhaps one of them was the one who brainwashed her originally - remember her cutting & self-flagellation, scars on her back. Can't wait until next week!

27. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Good point. I suspect they may cause her grief but I bet she'll get them back two-fold. I wonder what role the serving girl is going to take.

28. shutterbug

‘Orphan Black’ talk: co-creator dissects Episode 2

THAT’S what he was doing when he greased up the plastic sleeve. :lol: Time to brush up on my animal husbandry! Helena is not my favorite clone by any stretch of the imagination, but the thought of what he might try to do her makes me feel a little ill. The calm ones are always the worst.

Random thoughts:

- Not at all surprised to learn that Mrs. S is a badass. She has a survivor aura about her.
    - Poor Alison. :( I felt so sorry for her being left behind.
    - No Hot Paul in this episode. :wuzrobbed:

29. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

And he has a nice butt, to boot! :)

I just love Alison: "I think I need to keep drinking, and then I'll come up with some ideas"

30. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Yup, good butt for sure, almost like a skater's!
    I love all the clones (well, it's hard to warm up to Rachel) and I've noticed whenever I'm describing the show to people, the clones take a lot of time to explain. 95% of the young female characters on tv feel interchangeable (just vary the hair colour) to me. I'm so glad that OB (and the superb Tat. M.) has made each one a real character with depth. It could be funny if they decided to introduce a clone who was a stereotypical tv female, just for the responses of the other characters (probably like their reaction to "Cats").
    Shades of Herriot with that cow! Yuck! It seemed whenever we used to watch Herriot, the vets were always up to the shoulder with a cow and always when I was getting a snack!