Opportunity to Meet Ben Agosto this Saturday 1/5 at Southcenter Mall in Seattle

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by nicecardshark, Jan 4, 2013.

1. nicecardshark

nicecardshark Member

"American Ice Dancer Ben Agosto to Appear at PANDORA at Southcenter Mall

Attendees can enter to win free tickets to upcoming PANDORA NBC Skating Series taping with a live musical performance by BARRY MANILOW!

In advance of the upcoming "PANDORA Unforgettable Moments of Love on Ice" show, featuring music performed live by Barry Manilow, Olympic Silver Medalist and five-time U.S. Dance Champion (with Tanith Belbin), Ben Agosto, will host a special event on Saturday, January 5 at the PANDORA concept store in Southcenter Mall in Seattle.

During this event, guests will have the opportunity to take a photo with Agosto or get autographs. Agosto will also select charms for a bracelet for his girlfriend, Merrie, who will accompany him at the event. Guests are also encouraged to bring a new or gently used musical instrument to be donated to the Manilow Music Project, a nonprofit program which highlights the importance of arts in education and donates instruments and materials to school music programs. Light refreshments also will be served.

All guests who make a musical donation at the January 5 event will receive a $5 savings coupon to attend the January 11 show, where skaters will perform live to hits sung by Manilow at the ShoWare Center in Kent, Washington. Guests can also enter to win one of five (5) pairs of K2 Merlin Adjustable Youth Skates or one of two (2) pairs of tickets to see Manilow's live performance."

http://www.showarecenter.com/events/details/000000752/barry_manilow_loveonice

2. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

How cool is this? I hope some fans from the Seattle area can attend this & meet Ben! :encore:

3. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

Am I the only one sick of Pandora off-loading free bracelets on skaters?

4. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

I went to this event. It was very low key, Ben was very approachable. When I walked in he and Merrie were picking out the beads and charms for her bracelet. He then went to sit down at a table and he started signing photos and chatting with people. I got a signed picture and had a nice conversation with him. There were nice refreshments. The store was busy with shoppers mixed in with skating fans. I'm looking forward to the show on Friday!

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    I'm glad that you were able to attend and talk with Ben.
    It's great when skaters seem genuinely happy to interact with fans.

6. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

I kinda wanted to go to this, even though I got news of it at the last second, but I was too tired after the festivities of Friday night, so instead I slept in and just took my time enjoying another beautiful Saturday. :)

And even though Elvis Stojko is a long-time favorite of mine, I'm not going to the Pandora Event at the Showare Center (btw the showare center is kick a** :kickass: ; can't wait until they hold another GP type event here!). :cool:

Sending all my best to AJ Skatefan and other Seattlites that attend the Barry Manilow Pandora Event at Showare this coming Friday night. :saint: Have a great time folks and tell us all about it! :)

7. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Skate America! Go!

Too bad I had previous appointments all day, I would have gone. Ben always seemed so approachable to me :)

8. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

Does anyone ever buy Pandora bracelets because of these events? I'm interested. Or did you learn about these crazy bracelets from their skating sponsorship? The publicity the company gets seems to be good.

9. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have known anything about Pandora had it not been for their skating sponsorship. When I see someone with a Pandora bracelet, I admire it. I love looking @ the charms, and I like the concept of a personalized bracelet. It makes for great gift giving for special occasions (& for your significant other who otherwise might be clueless - it's something to build on - one charm @ a time). Sorry, if I sound like I'm advertising the bracelets. :lol:

10. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

The jewelry at the store was actually beautiful and pricey. There were a lot of people there looking at jewelry and a few having bracelets made. Don't know if they were convinced by the skating sponsorship or not. I'm just glad that someone is sponsoring skating.

11. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

Pandora has been very popular for awhile. Definitely (I think) before skating sponsorship.

12. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Yes. I've spoken to non-skating fans who know about Pandora jewelry.

13. SkateBlades17

SkateBlades17 New Member

I wish I could have gone to this! I live only about an hour from the that mall. I found out about it too last minute though. :( I would have loved to have met Ben! I am sick of the Pandora ads with the skaters showing the charms and promoting it though. I like the Zable charms better BTW.

14. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

Love Ben. All for the opportunity for the truly gifted and charismatic of members of teams to have opportunities to shine and share their talents. Like Shae Lynn, hope Ben has this type of opportunity and many more.

15. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

So how was the Barry Manilow Pandora Event? I'm dying to know. :confused:

I wish I could've gone, but I had a doctor's appointment already scheduled for 4pm, and then I had unexpected minor leg surgery as well, so I'm recovering now, limping and applying medication to the stitches.

I hope you all had a good time and tell us about it. Once again, wish I could've gone, the Showare Center is the absolute best venue, which I spoke glowingly about during 2012 Skate America, and deservedly so. :)

ps: I love jewelry, especially Swarovski, so I'm glad Pandora is partnering with skating. Both of two of my favorite passions combined. *heart*