Opinions needed: I don’t believe in Telepathy or Supernatural, but……

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Tinami Amori, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Tinami Amori

Tinami Amori Well-Known Member

I thought about that...... and as far as I am concerned, it would be the best explanation for my peace of mind.... But then I want to know all possibilities.

I am sure our brain picks up and registers a lot of details, but do we always use and apply them, and if yes, do we apply and use them properly?

I think all Swamis and Fortune Tellers are simply very observant and logical "mentalists", good psychologists/analysts, with good deductive reasoning abilities....
  2. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Telepathy can be seen as just very heightened intuition and there is evidence suggesting it exists in animals as well as humans.

I agree. I think some people do have psychic abilities and that the supernatural does exist. There are just two many stories to indicate otherwise. Years ago I met a woman who claimed to have seen ghosts and described her experiences in detail. She was completely genuine and I believed her.

At the same time, what is seem is supernatural could in some cases just be an overactive imagination and/or blinding insight.

And I'm wary of people who try and fit everything into one frame of understanding. I particularly take issue with new age magical/magnetic thought. Observing those who ascribe to it reveals the capacity to overlay the philosophy onto experience. Coincidences become acts of psychic intention and all that happens is seen to be created vibrationally. How convenient to believe that you have so much control over your life. . .
  3. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I never ever got either reference from anyone and don't really see the resemblance. I don't know who Singler is. When I was the same age as Nastassija in this pic, I could see what people mean.
  4. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

She played Meadow on The Sopranos.
  5. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I must be the only human alive who's never seen a full episode of The Sopranos. But I did like the opening with the hairy, stubby fingers on the steering wheel and the Pulaski Skyway--the ugliest bridge ever constructed.
  6. Andrushka

Andrushka New Member

I've never seen a full episode of The Soprano's either.

I do believe in the unexplainable...I think sometimes..in situations like Anna's.You just know.I can't give you any other explanation of that or scientific backup.You just know.
  7. Japanfan

I haven't seen even one minute of the Sopranos. :)

Just not a fan of the gangster genre.
  8. Tinami Amori

Absolutely ! yes, on this foto, when she was 20, had darker hair and more expressive eyes…Last 10 years she is “bleached out”, probably had face work and looks like this…. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6-IIXAF5H...AErM/NFbuokcxBOk/s400/NastassjaKinskiCrop.jpg ........And you’re prettier…..:D.

My dog, as one example, supposedly “telepathically predicts” that I am going to brush her, and runs away…… The fact is she simply notices the tiny elements in my body language, facial expressions and sounds, which us humans either do not pay attention to or are yet capable of registering through our sensory organs….. Same with animals and earth-quakes, etc….

But if animals are capable (through evolutionary processes inspired by survival) to be able to sense sights and sounds, to change color of skin on minute’s notice, to sense heat, energy of other creatures and objects, to be able to use smell as identification, etc…. we, humans, must have it in us, somewhere. I understand there are differences in present state of our general anatomy that are not easily crossed…. But at the same time, I can’t help but to think that a lot of the “unexplained” that happens with us humans, which is called ESP, intuition, telepathy, is caused by intense stimulation (by extreme or cultivation) of sensory organs combined with simultaneous analysis/processing of the input the organs receive.

None of what I am saying is scientific….. but I hope there are materials I can read…. I just can find any that satisfy my curiosity enough…..

“Convenient”?.... on the contrary – rather “obligatory” and “carrying a greater weight of personal responsibility” and “feeling less security in terms of fairness and higher powers or entities are looking out for your”.

It’s more “convenient” to think that you do not have full control over your life, decisions, choices, outcomes….. One can always blame “something else that is beyond one’s control” or have “false hopes that greater powers are looking out for you”….:)
  9. Norlite

Norlite New Member

Never watched it either, but Jamie Lynn was also Turtle's girlfriend, as herself, on Entourage.
  10. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Thank you. :eek: She is quite a bit older than I am though. I don't think the blond hair agrees with her in her mature years.

I used to watch Entourage sporadically but don't recall her.
  11. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

It's like she brought a photo of Julia Roberts to her plastic surgeon and said "Give me that." :scream:
  12. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

At least Julia Roberts seems to understand what hair color looks good on her. I've never seen her in that particular shade of blond. May be I am wrong though. I don't watch her like a hawk.
  13. Japanfan

That's really all that it is supposed to be.

I understand your point but it really depends on how you look on it. When I say 'convenient' I mean as a neat and tidy frame of reference that makes sense of everything, providing you don't put much thought into it. It's the not thinking and acceptance of dogma that's convenient, especially if you surround yourself with others who like to preach the dogma.

I remember one woman told me once how she had visualized getting a digital camera for Christmas and then got three - when digital cameras were a hot item that year and probably every second person got one. This person was hellbent on convincing me that my lived experience was wrong because I didn't accept her philosophy and that I too could just manifest whatever, providing I did what she did. . .

I believe that randomness exists as well as synchronicity and that luck exists as well as karma. It would be more convenient if I believed that everything made sense. I'm most bothered by new age dogma because I see it everywhere and it simply isn't universal truth. If we could all just visualize and get what we wanted, then hypothetically we could just visualize winning the lottery and win - which isn't possible when there is only one winner - or visualize getting rid of cancer and get rid of it (sure, it helps some people, but it's not a cure).

And so long as believe in this magical system of thought, new age gurus will make a ton of money teaching us how to make it work. Like my friend who bought a certain charm to make her day a good one and had a bad day - and wondered if she should try a different charm.

Visualize works some of the time. The law of attraction works some of the time. And more of the time for some people than others. Multiple truths co-exist and it's far more intellectually and spiritually convenient to just accept an appealing frame, be it 'God's will' or 'Law of Attraction'. Grappling with a world that is far more complex and messy can be damn inconvenient and it can make you really unpopular as well, since so many people prefer to follow the herd.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  14. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

Tinami : pheromons may be the answer if the smelling proves right :)
  15. Civic

Civic New Member

Two things struck me:

1) Anna's youth and immaturity caused problems between she and Dmitry so he turns around and starts dating another college student?

2) He was probably already seeing this new girl before Anna went to visit her parents.

Anna won't want to hear this but my gut tells me she just made a lucky escape. I hope she'll be okay once she gets over the heartbreak.
  16. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Well, Karma is not "new age" and most of what people call "new age" actually isn't "new" at all.

And you don't just "visualize and get what you want." You still have to have a game plan and do the work involved (kind of like "God helps those who help themselves"), at the same time putting your intent out there. I know one woman who lives her life based on LOA and I am amazed at what she has manifested for herself in the last 15 years.
  17. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Sing it, sister! I hate that show. :)
  18. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

^^^This. Anna sounds better off without this guy.
  19. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

Eau de cum? :shuffle:
    IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  20. mila19

mila19 New Member

:eek::rofl::rofl:
    My mamma would tell you'd never find a husband with that tongue. But then I guess it's a deterrent only for straight people:p
  21. Tinami Amori

Ha! I have not been following the scientific stuff for a while.... Have they confirmed VNO in humans yet? If yes, I'd be most inerested what chemical triggered "New Girl" recognition....:D

"Smell" is high on my choice list in this situation.:cool:
  22. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

I don't see anything supernatural in the incident. It could be explained many different ways. Anna had just been told about a new girl her ex-boyfriend was dating, she probably couldn't think about anything else. She comes back, the girl in the bathroom is the first one she sees; she's attractive like Anna would have probably already imagined her rival would be, her insecurities and hurt kick in and she asks the question. So for me it's a coincidence + a tunnel vision combo here.

I feel for Anna, a broken heart can hurt really bad. I hope she finds someone else who will suit her more soon.
  23. Japanfan

Except what she has supposedly manifested could also have happened for other reasons. Doing the work required and following a game plan can often achieve the desired results.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  24. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

This was my first thought as well, and if not a cologne perhaps some other type of pheromone that your friend picked up on, Tinami? That would certainly be a scientific reason.
  25. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

She will need your caring support until she is ready to move on.
    I'm glad that Anna has you to lean on.

Her heightened emotional state. and increased awareness, may be the "cause" of this "event", as well.
  26. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good case of "Murphy's Law" to me. Her bf leaves her for someone else and the first chance she gets, she runs right into his new gf. She will need all the friends she can get to get over her heartbreak but hopefully she will and someone else more deserving will come along.
  27. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

She has a super nose and she simply felt the smell of Dmitry from that girl. It could be a scientific explanation. But I have no idea.
  28. Tinami Amori

Thank you, everyone, once again, for contributing your ideas. I hate unsolved mysteries, and now I am pretty comfortable with the idea that instant recognition of the New Girl is a combination of explainable occurrences.

To those who were concerned about Anna and how she is reacting to the break up: Anna is fine. This is not a tragedy. Two very nice people, with age and personality differences, fell in love and later found out they are not compatible and parted their ways in a civil, tactful and respectable manner.

Dmitry met some-one else a day after the break up, that happens….. Anna was not ready to let go, Dmitry was…. that happens. Who know what will happen in 5 years…. No-one’s to blame, no-one is villain… The best of people don’t match sometimes in a relationship….

I am not going to tell Anna “she deserves better”, or “don’t worry some-one more worthy will come alone”. Dmitry is not “un-worthy”… and Anna should not live her life in “expectation of finding that perfect man for her”.

Anna should live her life, get an education, life experience, interesting profession and surrounding….. And if there will be a partner in her life, or partners, who match her lifestyle and personality – then that’s an ADDED BONUS to everything else she has for herself and inside herself.

She’ll be fine!... :lol: