ONLY PASHA CAN SAVE THE ICE DANCE

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by esta, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

Pshhhh...
    I think literally anyone with a bent free leg who skates on top the ice without strong edges but brings attention to their upper body with flailing and drama can save ice dance. It's not just one person.

Really and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

:lol:

3. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I think she's coaching and living in California :)
    She has a daughter Skyler wonder if she's a good skater ?

4. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

According to her website she is coaching at the Olympic Figure Skating Academy .
    http://oksanagrishuk.com/

5. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Hhmmnn....her website mentions 'Links'. Would I find the Pasha Promo Brigade under 'Missing Links'?

6. Morry Stillwell

Morry Stillwell Well-Known Member

Oksana is alive and well in Southern California. BTW - She looks great.:)

7. EBASKoroleva

EBASKoroleva New Member

I agree Esta!

8. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

Yes, she does. I'm a freestyle skater, not an ice dancer, but I've gone to her for help with choreography and movement. She's excellent.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that the lack of drama and passion bit is 100% true. Ice Dance at the moment is so blah. :/

10. Morry Stillwell

Morry Stillwell Well-Known Member

Just how many twizzels will we be forced to look at for Worlds. I just finished watching Europeans on Universal Sports. Yuck:blah: No relationship to the music by any team. Some teams even looked better when the sound was off.

11. bek

bek Guest

Since its ice dancing one wishes that twizzles going to the music was a requirement.

12. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Well Bobrova seems to be going for the drama but she's just not pulling it off :shuffle: .B/S really need to have better programmes.

13. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

No. Bobrova needs to train with a scoliosis brace to fix her jank posture. She needs a couch that will turn her lazy boy into a tempurpedic!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yes, that. :/

15. bruno6

bruno6 New Member

Pasha who?? Of course I knew who she was talking about, they are one of the best
    Ever!! And I hope no one will ever beat their record!! Davis/ White gold at Sochi

16. sliver98

sliver98 Banned Member

Virtue and Moir will school Davis and White at the olympics with another strong classical program book it.

17. SkateBlades17

SkateBlades17 New Member

In all seriousness, I agree with some of this. I'm not a big fan of current Ice Dancing (partly because of the new scoring and rule changes though). I wish Oksana would do more choreography for top skaters. Oksana and Evgeny said they did their Feeling Begins program themselves and that was one of my favorite programs, so I think they would be very good choreographers. Does Platov only coach and not do any Choreography? I know in the past though, Oksana said that she didn't want to commit herself to being a full time coach for skaters and travel to all of the events, etc., because she didn't want to be away from her daughter. So I don't think she would become a full time coach, unless she changed her mind when her daughter is a little older.

18. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

After watching many old school dance vids, I seriously wish they'd bring back OSPs.

19. easilydistracte

easilydistracte Active Member

I absolutely agree!!

20. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Yeah she would have made makarova sing happy birthday mr president during her Marilyn program like she did in those olympic fluffs

21. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Pasha would easily make the minimum TES for the WC.

22. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

And even if she couldn't, the ISU would change the minimum TES to accommodate her.