Online skates recommendation

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by TAHbKA, Mar 4, 2013.

1. J-Ro

J-Ro Active Member

I may have a solution for you. I'm in the United States and I work for an airline that goes to Israel. PM me for details...

2. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee, I have Jacksons! Hanna, thank you so much for taking me to the shop, hanca, thank you for the advice!

3. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

:cheer2:

4. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I'm reviving TAHbKA's old thread as I now find myself in a very similar position to the one she was in earlier this year: I am leaning toward getting Jacksons, and have nowhere to try them on before ordering (getting them here is not a problem). My main problem is sizing - I normally wear a Euro 40 size shoe and an American 8.5, but I can't figure out how this would translate to skates. Any advice? I tried measuring my feet and I think the 8.5 is right, but I'm not sure how it converts to a European size when it comes to skates.

5. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Did you try this? http://www.iceskatesnblades.com/Jackson_Skate_Size_Chart.html & this http://www.usaskates.com/v/vspfiles/files/Jackson Sizing Chart.pdf
    I have fairly narrow feet and wear 5.5 in street shoes, and my skate size in Jacksons is 4.5A. You definitely have to go with the heel width since toes can be punched out to help the fit afterwards. In case there's a big difference, I think you can also get a custom skate for width.

6. Zemgirl

Thanks! Yes, I did go through that (let's hope the measurements were accurate... ;)). My problem at the moment is converting from US sizing to European, since apparently that's what the websites I'm looking at have done.

I'll just add that anything will be a step up from the world's worst rentals, so long as the fit is more or less there :D

7. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

That is very true! Did they change the skate size itself (they're made in Canada, so I'm surprised by that) or the shoe size they list as corresponding to a certain skate size? If it's the latterr, hopefully this helps? Think I managed to post enough conversion charts for one day now. Maybe one of them turns out to be useful :). Most of the time, you should just be able to subtract 1 from your American shoe size to get the Jackson size so 7.5 is what I'd go with.

http://www.size-chart-shoe-clothing-international-sizing-conversion.com/

8. Zemgirl

I actually don't think it's accurate... looks like about a size off the correct conversion for US vs. Euro.

Anyway, thanks so much for trying to figure this out! The one size down thing might be true, I'll try and figure it out. I wish I could just try some skates on in person but unfortunately there's going to be some guesswork involved...