One foot spin bs scratch spin isi fs2

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by babbyrabbit, May 8, 2010.

1. babbyrabbit

babbyrabbit Active Member

I am curious if there is any difference in the judging if u chose to do a one foot spin vs a scratch spin. Or why someone would choose a one foot with bent knee instead of the scratch?

This is isi fs2

2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

In my experience, at that level the judges are usually looking for you to do the element correctly (i.e. following the standards specified in the rulebook) and with at least the minimum number of revolutions, for a spin.

My ISI rulebook just specifies a "one foot spin" for FS 2. It doesn't make any distinction between a one foot spin and a scratch spin.

3. babbyrabbit

babbyrabbit Active Member

I guess my question would be. If the programs were very comparable would you judge in favor the scratch spin overv a one foot if they were equally done well? or would it really not matter?

4. kayskate

kayskate New Member

IMO as a coach, scratch is harder to do. I am not a judge, so I don't know how it would rank in ISI competition, but my guess is the judges would recongize this.

Kay
    www.skatejournal.com

5. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

If they were done equally well, I'd give it to the scratch spin, it shows more control of the element. However, if the scratch spin were sloppy and the one foot spin with "stork" leg was clean- I'd give it to the one foot spin. But some judges will reward an effort at a harder element rather than a clean easier one. You never know which they want unless you are familar with the judges.

/I've only judged up through Delta, not FS.