Once upon a Time Season 3 - to Neverland and beyond!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Sep 3, 2013.

1. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out when Pan did the switch into Henry's body. I'm wondering if it's another one of those things that took place in Star Trek II:The Wrath of Khan when Spock sees the doctor and then goes into the chamber to "save" the ship and the crew. I don't recall seeing Spock do anything with the doctor in that second movie when it first came out. However, in the 3rd movie we get Bones telling Kirk that Spock did have a short encounter with him -- and what we see in memory replay of that encounter is Spock doing the mind meld and saying "Remember".

Am I the only one who can't figure out when/how the transference took place?

2. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

When they showed Pan trying to take Henry's shadow, as Rumple was taking Pan into the box, they first zeroed in on Pan's eyes, then Henry's eyes, and then back to Pan's eyes again and each time they were glowing kind of yellow-green. I believe that's when the switch took place.

While Neal, Emma, & Hook were trapping the shadow in Dark Hallow, David and Snow went to get water from the waterfall that cured him so they could take it back to Storybrooke where Rumple was going to make the elixir to save David's life (Neal wouldn't let Rumple make any deal with Emma...he said that Rumple was going to make that elixir to save David because it was the right thing to do). Last night Neal let Rumple out of the box and with Rumple now being whole again, he can make the elixir again. David keeping the water with him should give them enough time once they get back to Storybrooke for Rumple to concoct the potion so they were able to leave with everyone on the JR after all.

3. professordeb

Ah ha! That's what my old eyes missed -- the evil eyes! I was too busy watching other parts of the screen, I guess, and didn't notice. My thanks.

4. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I can't buy the menacing act from Henry (Pan), it just makes me laugh and the episode lost impact for me. I liked parts of it, but the pacing felt a bit off. I don't buy that Regina would have fallen for Henry/Pan's act so easily. It is something that she would have wanted to believe with all her heart, but she is more cunning than that. And she raised Henry for ten years.

I thought it was too easy how Ariel and Eric came back together (last we knew, he could have assumed that she blew him off, right?), and I don't want Charming or Snow to try to push Emma toward Bae. Regardless of my preference for Hook, I just don't like Bae, and I think ten years down the road, he and Emma don't have to fall back into step with each other. If they do, they do, but it should happen on it's own. I liked that Hook said he was backing off, even if he isn't giving up.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. ice dance

ice dance Member

Anyone else think there may have been a Bae/Wendy thing happened? Or am I way off?

6. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

I actually liked that episode, apart from the Medusa bits.
    And I do get why Regina was gullible with Pan/Henry. At last, he showed he favored her over Emma. Isn't this something she'd been longing for a while?

I don't like Bae either, while I love Hook, haha.

7. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

Do you mean, when they were kids?

8. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Can we just keep Henry in Pan's body? Please and thank you.

lmarie086 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

Who else watched the midseason finale?

As a big Wicked fan, I can't wait till March.

10. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I thought it was great, and surprising but not surprising to see Regina give Emma the "false memories" so that both she and Henry think they've always been together.

I'm curious though if when the town got back to the Enchanted Forest, did they pick up where they left off? What I mean by that is did they go back to just after the curse was cast originally and Snow and Charming think they've just sent Emma through the portal, etc., or do they also have false memories of the last 28 years and think they survived the curse and carried on with life as usual? And how did Hook escape the memory wipe?

It's kind of a shame that Regina will go back to being the evil queen, but at the same time at least we'll get to see some eye-popping wardrobe again. :) I also don't think Rumplestiltskin is dead, but his Dad is.

March is so far away!!

11. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

That was great. Completely wrapped up the Neverland story and set up for a completely new one. As long as Rumple lives...!

12. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Some of the imagery in this episode was quite striking. Rumple kissing his dead, Emma looking at Henry in the car. Really quite emotional. I'm looking forward to what happens next.

13. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

#$%^! My tv guide had Sunday night listed as a repeat ... so I didn't record it!!! :mad:

I can watch it online, but it's not the same ... :(

14. DannyCurry

DannyCurry Active Member

Silly question but does anyone know why Rumple had to kill himself when he killed his dad? :S

15. flutzilla1

flutzilla1 Well-Known Member

It was HOOK at her door! Hook! He never gave up looking for her and is going to help her remember. If that isn't TL I don't know what is! :)

16. Artemis@BC

I think Regina going back to being the evil queen -- and losing all that personal growth she went through -- is even more tragic than Emma losing her parents and vice versa. (And ITA, there's no way Rumple is permanently dead.)

But we really can only guess as to how all their personalities will be now. Aside from the whole evil/revenge thing, the curse might have cancelled out their Storybrook memories, but Snow was pregnant with Emma before the curse: what will she think happened to her?

And what about people who died during the Storybrook years, both in Storybrook and in the Enchanted Forest. Might we see the return of Cora?

And what about the people who were protected from the curse because they were in Cora's bubble: Aurora & Mulan, Robin Hood, etc. I'm thinking they might retain their curse-time memories, and therefore be the key to reconnecting Snow & Charming with Emma from that side of things.

So many questions to be resolved! I have absolute faith in the writers, though. Even if I don't "agree" with everything they've written, it's always maintained an internal logic.

17. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Exactly, Hook has not given up on Emma, they are certainly TL.

Rumple is not dead, cannot be dead.

18. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I was never under the impression that the citizens of Storybrooke would lose their Storybrooke memories. Otherwise how would Hook appear at Emma's door and know who she is? And it would be so boring if everyone went back to exactly who they were. I vastly prefer the idea that the Storybrooke citizens all landed in the wasteland Regina left knowing exactly what had transpired. It makes for much more interesting possibilities and far fewer paradoxes.

Also, why the hell did Neal have to go back to the Enchanted Forest? He was never sent over by the curse. It made no sense at all. He could have just stayed there. (Same with Hook).

19. Artemis@BC

It wasn't completely explained either way -- I may have made an assumption based on the fact that Regina will lose at least part of her memories (re: Henry), so if others have memories of Henry and Emma there'd be a lot of confusion. Prime Directive and all that. (Oops, sorry, wrong universe.)

I think even if they are all memoryless it won't be a complete reboot, things will happen where their memories start to come back (again, see previous post re: Aurora, Mulan, Hood et al.).

And Hook will be explained as a special case I think, because of his multi-realm travels and his time spent in Neverland. Obviously he's a special case just being there, and not trapped in the Forest.

I think they explained it as being because he was born in Fairytaleland, not because he was cursed.. I know Emma was too ... but she was the savior specifically born to break the curse so that somehow takes her out of the un-cursed loop ... oi, my head hurts just thinking about this!

20. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Quite frankly, the idea of everyone going back with weirdly jacked-up memories and missing all of Storybrooke sounds both confusing and boring. Is Belle back in Regina's cell? What about Rumple? How would anything in TEF work with Rumple if everyone just reverted? What is Neal going to do/where will he go? I assume he will still be an adult, so there is no way he can lose his memories.

It cause way fewer problems if everyone just retains their memories. Did Regine actually say she would forget Henry or that she would just lose him? It's a much smaller sacrifice if she forgets Henry ever existed in the first place. She's not really giving anything up, then.

21. Nell411

Nell411 Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility

I got the feeling from the trailer for the next set of episodes that the only people with their memories lost were probably Emma and Henry. I know its hard to tell from a 30 second trailer but that's how it looked to me.

22. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the trailer included a clip of Snow saying "We're back," when they were in the Enchanted Forest.

23. Artemis@BC

While we wait, take the quiz.
    http://www.zimbio.com/quiz/0lUPqdpeGpF/Once Upon Time Character

I'm Belle. "You're incredibly smart and never judge a book by its cover, which helps you see the good in everyone. Speaking of books, you can't get enough of them. Take a page out of one of those books you love and don't be afraid to stand up for yourself, because others may try to take advantage of your forgiving nature."

Well, part of that fits ... :lol:

24. Nan

Nan Just me

I'm Rumple....I think I always knew that. ;)

25. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I'm Belle too!

26. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I'm Charming. I don't get that.

27. peach_pear

peach_pear New Member

I'm Snow, which makes sense. Thanks for the quiz.

28. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

I'm Regina :lol:

29. professordeb

I am Snow?!? Hmmm.

You are a hopeless romantic, but not in the sappy, lovesick way. You are fierce and independent, and you will fight to the death for those you love. Your family means the world to you and you would do anything for them. You often take on too much by yourself -- let others help you. They probably owe you one!

After reading the above, I guess I would likely agree with that assessment.

30. Artemis@BC

Just saw the "Wicked is coming" teaser ... :watch:

Only 4 more sleeps til the return. Who else is excited?