Once Upon a Time S2: The Magic Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by CDANN1013, Aug 9, 2012.

1. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

So who do you think he is.
  2. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Henry was hit by the sleeping curse when he ate Regina's apple pie, wasn't he? So maybe he and Aurora have the same nightmare because of that? Snow didn't say what her nightmares were, but Charming had a look of familiarity on his face as Henry described his.

Loving the chemistry between Emma and Hook. :swoon: Almost making up for the Sheriff's untimely demise.
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Norlite

Norlite New Member

I think August showed Neal some vision of Fairytale land in the box. And he understood completely. Because he is Baelfire
  4. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Speculation I just read somewhere else....August showed Neal a mirror which showed Neal's image when he looked like young Bae and was sent away through the bean portal from Fairytale Land and it reminded him of his own story and made him believe August. What do you guys think? I think it makes sense and could be why he believed August so quickly. I hated that he left her in the end but now we know where that post card came from and why it affected Neal so much in the season premiere! I hope he goes to Storybrooke to find Emma. He HAS to go find her and make things right although that will open up a whole new can of worms since he doesn't know he's a father and Henry doesn't know his father is alive! :eek:

Loved the episode tonight so much and while I liked the chemistry Emma had with Hook, she was SOOOO cute and happy with Neal that I really want her and Neal to find their way back to each other. What a difference it was to see Emma still having some hope of having a family, a future, and a home with someone back then to when we met her in the pilot when she was sad, lonely, and feeling hopeless that life would ever get better. :( I was so heart broken for her when Neal didn't show up and she took the fall for his crime. No wonder she doesn't think highly of him anymore and why she never let anyone else into her life. Why let someone in if they're just going to let you down? She looked so sad and miserable in her cell (although her eyes told the story when she saw the keys and keychain from the envelope....she knew where those came from and it explains why she kept the car all this time. It's hard to let go of something that holds a happy memory for you even if it ended badly) and I think I get now why she felt like she couldn't keep Henry. What kind of life could she give him? This is definitely what started her down the road to being who she is now...lonely, angry, untrusting, and still somewhat hopeless. I think she's trying to have hope now with Snow and her new found family but even when they get back to Storybrooke, she's definitely still got some issues to work through. I really wanted to give young Emma a big hug! :(

I also loved how Emma & the Giant connected over their respective lives of being alone. What a twist to have them connect like that (he showed her that he wasn't the bad guy that everyone else said he was and she showed him that not all humans are bad guys either) and does anyone else think that their 'friendship' may come into play later in the season somehow?

BTW-Charming family needs to reunite soon because it's starting to drive me crazy watching the two different pairs bond without their other two family members. :fragile:

Speculation on my part about the dreams (not really a spoiler but I'll tag it anyway):

I think the sleeping curse might be the way that Snow and Charming will try to communicate between the worlds or at least that the dreams will have something to do with it.

I need to watch this episode again like, now but I'm way distracted by Revenge at the moment, LOL :lol:
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  5. Norlite

Norlite New Member

My daughter wondered how August sent the postcard to Neal when he was a wooden figure in a bed when the curse was broken. ;)
  6. HeatherC

I haven't figured that out yet either but we did see August open his eyes and then eventually he left his room so he may have run off to send the post card then and when Neal gets it, it's actually a few days later in NYC. Thinking back to those first scenes with Neal in his apartment, I remember now that he had a dream catcher in his room which makes sense after seeing that hotel scene tonight, and Emma still has the car and I think she made that keychain into her swan necklace (theory on my part) so IMO, they both still care about each other even though Emma obviously covers up her heartbreak by being very angry with him for leaving her alone. They so have to be together at some point :swoon: but the Charming family has to get home soon first. I'm not letting this go! GET THEM HOME!!!! :mad:
  7. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

So they're totally setting up a love triangle between Hook, Emma, and Rene from True Blood right?

Oh! I hadn't even thought of that. I'm definitely intrigued with the dreams.
  8. Norlite

Norlite New Member

I'm betting that Rumple will find out that Henry is his grandson too, which will set up an end of season showdown with the Charmings, Regina and Rumple on one side, and Cora (and whoever she can influence...maybe Hook against Rumple?....to come) on the other
  9. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I want to like Neal, but I can't get the image of creepy Rene out of my head!
  10. Nan

Nan Just me

* read a comment wrong, sorry.
  11. AshleyN

It took me a few minutes to get used to hearing him talk without the Cajun accent.

Also, was I the only one giggling at their attempt to make Emma look ten years younger by...putting her hair in a ponytail and sticking some glasses on her? Given that they've done such a good job of making Regina look younger in her flashbacks, I was expecting a little more than that.
  12. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

You're SO not the only one. :D
  13. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, they definitely didn't try too hard. They could have changed her hair color, changed her make-up. A lot little tricks to make her look younger.
  14. HeatherC

I didn't totally buy the look either but I did buy her as a younger Emma simply for her actions, expressions, and mannerisms being more youthful, innocent, and hopeful than the Emma we've been getting to know in Storybrooke for all these months. It was really evident in her eyes. They were brighter and full of life when she was with Neal. It was heartbreaking to see her lose that hope and chance for happiness after Neal left her and you could see the pain reflected in her eyes when she was in the jail. I thought Jen M. did a fantastic job with bringing all the different phases of Emma's experiences to life and I'm still heart broken for her even now a whole day later. :(

And one more thought on the whole looking younger thing...it's probably easier to make the Fairytale characters look younger in their elaborate costumes instead of having the timeline of real world clothing from the past to try and follow for the real life flashbacks. I suspended my disbelief enough to still enjoy the episode and hopefully others were able to do that too. :)
  15. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

:D I love the random characters popping up. Gus the mouse from Cinderella!

ETA: Well, so much for Gus. It was nice knowing you.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  16. HeatherC

Wow, this episode tonight was outstanding! I think they're slowly building up to reuniting the Charming family again and that would be EXTREMELY good if it happens before the Christmas break! :cheer: (BTW-Anyone else tear up when Charming watched asshat King George throw Jefferson's hat in the fire? That was so heart breaking to watch Charming nearly fall apart. :fragile: )

Red's story was so fascinating tonight and I love how David reminded her who she really is so she could help control the wolf again. Bummer that Quinn is gone all ready along with Billy/Gus....why do they keep killing off the cute guys?! :(

I'll be back later with a few more thoughts. Time for Revenge! :)
  17. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

That was an excellent episode on all fronts. Alan Dale is such a magnificent bastard. Looking forward to seeing how Charming and Snow took over the castle. I'm sure the King helped Regina cast this curse.
  18. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Tear up, not exactly However, I was shouting at the TV, calling King George a few choice words, and wishing that Ruby would take off the cloak and eat him.
  19. AshleyN

Hmm, I actually didn't care for this episode. Aside from the Henry stuff it mostly felt like filler, which was disappointing after the Team Princess storyline really started to heat up last week. I didn't buy the Red backstory stuff at all - it was just too rushed and out of nowhere and I thought the actress was...not so good in the scenes with her mother. I will give them props on the casting of the mother though - you could really see a family resemblance there.

I am happy to see that they're finally finding something for Aurora to do. Now hopefully they can do the same with Mulan, as both ladies have seemed kind of extraneous so far.

One thing I always appreciate about this show is their devotion to female friendships, and between Red/Snow and Ruby/Belle there was lots of that in this episode.

Not sure I buy Rumple helping Henry out of the goodness of his heart.

Finally, Granny got the line of the episode with her observation that super-hearing isn't such an advantage when running a hotel.:lol:
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  20. Nan

Nan Just me

He is trying to "rehabilitate" for Belle, remember? Plus, I think their love for Henry is what will bring Regina and Rumple together with the Charming family against Cora (and probably Hook).

I don't think this episode moved the story forward that much, but I think there was some foundation being laid for future episodes. And I'm very upset with Gus's death. He was my very favorite Cinderella mouse. :(
  21. Wyliefan

Yeah, same here! :(
  22. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I predict that the Henry-Aurora dream thing means we'll have a further delay in reuniting the Charmings. The shared dream means that Henry can pass messages on to Emma and Snow, and vice versa. Which is good in terms of keeping up morale on both sides -- but also means that they can string the separation on longer.

This is now turning even more into an epic quest, with the ingredients for fairy dust on one side and the compass and who knows what else on the other ...

Yes, me too! So even tho we now know who Whale is, it still leaves the door open for a future introduction of characters from Oz. Or pretty much any story. Harry Potter next? :D

Science vs. Magic is a pretty cool thought too ... :watch:
  23. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Is there not a new episode on tonight -- Sunday the 18th? I've been looking all over the TV channels in my time shift and can't find it.
  24. Norlite

Norlite New Member

No, ABC is showing the AMAs so no new episode.
  25. HeatherC

The next new episode will air next weekend on November 25th and be prepared because the OUAT winter break is coming up after the episode on December 2nd (if I remember right) so there's a huge holiday break to drive us crazy coming soon. :(

BTW-If you were watching the AMAs just a few moments ago, you may have caught Jennifer Morrison and Ginnifer Goodwin presenting the Male R&B award to (a possibly very drunk) Usher. :biggrinbo They both looked gorgeous....if they weren't both so darn nice in real life I'd hate them so hard right now, LOL :lol:
  26. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

LOL! Only if they could get Alan Rickman to play Snape, because Snape and Rumple on screen together would be priceless.
  27. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

Don't they already have dementors?
  28. HeatherC

They had a wraith in the season two premiere and not knowing anything about Harry Potter, I've been told they're pretty similar in their soul sucking abilities.
  29. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Don't forget, new episode tonight!
  30. HeatherC

OMG, soooooo much goodness and yet so much of me wanting to throw things at the TV, LOL :lol:

Good: Emma & Snow bonding more in Fairytale Land and being so protective of one another (and the butt kicking they gave the zombies! :cheer: ), David and Regina agreeing that Henry's safety comes first and not letting him go back into the fiery place, Regina's comment, "If there's one thing I know for sure about your grandparents, it's that they always find each other" SO TRUE! :swoon: , Charming and Snow finally seeing each other again after such a long time (and I've never been as upset as I was when Snow started waking up :(), Rumple and Belle having their hamburger date, Granny (OMG, my fave of the non main characters for being such a badass!), Emma's line about the compass, "Hey I climbed up a beanstalk for that, get your own!" :lol: , Regina & Rumple working together (and their snarking back and forth), Regina & Henry's interactions (I really do think she loves Henry but her giving up magic for him isn't going to be easy, especially if Cora makes it to Storybrooke which I think we can all agree is going to happen somehow)

Bad (but still good in context that the episode was awesome): Hook took someone's heart???! Since when can non magical fairytale characters do that?! Hated that it made Aurora a spy for Cora now and holy crap, Hook really is working only for himself! I have NO CLUE who's side he's actually on but I love the promo scene of Emma decking him hard. YOU GO GIRL. :respec: Charming under the sleeping curse and then seeing Snow but them not being able to touch her or for her to wake him up with true love's kiss. :( Theory: Emma woke Henry from the curse with a mother's kiss...can Henry wake up Charming with a grandson kiss on his forehead??! I hope so. :eek: And CORA...dang, she's quite the evil one, isn't she?! Next week is going to be insane. :yikes:

I cannot wait for next week's episode but daggone it, I hate having to wait at least several weeks after that for the next new episode!! Winter finales should be outlawed, LOL :rofl:

Edit: Totally random but on 666 Park Avenue just now, they showed the giant Once Upon a Time billboards in Times Square! Just cracked me up since I saw it as I was finishing this post, LOL :lol:
  31. Wyliefan

I was telling a friend on Facebook, the official title might have been "Into the Deep," but I shall forever remember it as "The Episode Where Lots of People Made Really Stupid Decisions."
  32. Wyliefan

YES! Thank you! Why can't the show follow its own rules??
  33. HeatherC

It might still happen! ;) The show ended tonight before Henry could figure that part out and I can totally see him doing that since he knows how it worked with Emma and his own curse. I have a feeling next week's episode is going to be completely and totally insane and I think I will love every single minute of it even though it will probably make me want to scream at times, LOL :lol: :cheer:
  34. AshleyN

Is it weird that I was actually kind of happy with the Hook twist at the end? As much as I understood and agreed with what Emma did at the end of the giant episode, I don't think he should have. This is a guy who's spent centuries in pursuit of revenge, having him immediately forgive and forget someone potentially screwing that up just because he has the hots for her would have made him a much weaker character IMO. At this point Hook should be on Hook's side, and no one else's.

Plus, it's Captain Hook! He's not supposed to be a good guy! So far he hasn't really seemed very dangerous, so I think they needed to do something to establish him as a legitimate threat, and I think they accomplished that*.

Also, the fact that: a) they've made Colin O'Donoghue a regular and b) they made such a concerted effort to establish him as a potential love interest for Emma makes me think they're planning a redemption arc for him, in which case he would need something to, you know, be redeemed from.

*A sexy threat, but a threat nonetheless.;)
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  35. Nan

Nan Just me

I'm a little :confused: about Hook stealing a heart, too. When did he do it, and how? I feel like I missed something.
  36. AshleyN

I assume he did it while she was knocked out. The how is more interesting because up until now there hadn't been any indication that he could do magic. But given how long he's been around and how vulnerable he was to Rumple's magic the last time it wouldn't be a surprise if he made an effort to learn some over the years.
  37. pair mom

pair mom New Member

He stole my heart a couple of weeks ago ....:swoon:

And with everybody kissing everybody, I'd love to see the Capt get a little lovin'! ;)
  38. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

LOL, that's exactly what I came here to say!

I continue to be impressed by the writers and how they find new ways to keep things interesting. I knew the netherworld & the sleeping curse(s) would continue to be a major plot point, but didn't see those particular twists coming.

My biggest disappointment about Cora taking Aurora's heart, though, was that Aurora had just started to show some backbone. First agreeing to go to sleep to make contact (and trying to hide her burn from Mulan), then throwing Cora's offer in her face, literally. I would have liked more of that.

And it wasn't quite clear, but is Cora's communication 2-way? We see her talking through Aurora, but can she hear what Aurora hears too? I'm assuming she can, she's not much of a spy otherwise -- and it's not like she has enough clout in the group to be able to persuade them to do anything. Other than pass on Hook's message that is.

The idea that the rest of Team Princess won't be able to detect her heartlessness seems a bit suspect to me though. And will she still be able to travel to the netherworld in her sleep without her heart?

Bring on next week! :watch:
  39. Nan

Nan Just me

Given Emma's ability to tell when someone is lying, I wonder if she will pick up on it.
  40. AshleyN

I agree with this - just when I was starting to like her, this happens.

I find that sometimes, particularly with stories that take place in fantasy settings, being a strong female character seems to be equated with being able to fight, so I like that they made an effort to show that she doesn't have to be able to wield a sword to be a badass.

Eh, Emma's lie-detector seems to come and go as the plot demands* so I wouldn't count on it.

*Personally, I don't think she has any particular aptitude for it at all - it's just a line she uses to intimidate someone she already knows (or strongly suspects) is lying.