Once Upon a Time S2: The Magic Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by CDANN1013, Aug 9, 2012.

1. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

CTV is showing a complete season recap with a narrator. They haven't missed anything important so far.

2. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

US viewers: ABC is showing a recap show at 7 PM tomorrow night in case anyone wants a refresher course before the premiere. :)

I am not too thrilled that I have a youth event at church tomorrow night but I'm trying to put on a brave face. :p I'll have to record both the recap and the premiere and then I don't get to watch the premiere until after Revenge and 666 Park Avenue are over. :eek: It will be a late night for me for sure (the social media blackout will commence promptly at 7 PM and last until I see the final moments of the show, LOL) but I look forward to joining up with you guys in the discussion at some point after that! :) I am WAY too excited about this show right now and it didn't help that I read a couple of non spoilery reviews this week that were raving about it and made my impatience worse, LOL :lol: :biggrinbo :D :rollin:

3. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I watched the Pilot and "7:15am" episodes yesterday with commentary and loved them! So many cool tidbits in each one, and could Ginny and Josh be any "Gosh" darn cuter? :) I love that Ginny finds a way to include her sister in all her projects. Now I want to know where her sister appeared in Big Love, Something Borrowed, etc!

4. HeatherC

OMG, the commentary for 7:15 AM is hilarious! I love Josh and Ginny and their interaction for the commentary in that episode was just awesome. They are so darn cute! :D

5. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

I'm so excited for the season premier tomorrow - my sister & niece saw it already, said it's amazing! We are apparently in for a great season! :)

I'm also loving the commentaries on the DVDs.
    Getting Robert Carlyle to do commentary on the Beauty & the Beast episode is genius!

6. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I agree that the Josh & Ginny commentary and the Robert Carlyle commentary made the purchase price of the DVD set worth it all on their own. Two entirely different styles of commentary, both great for very different reasons.

I watched the season recap last night on CTV even tho I'd just rewatched the whole season on DVD. Am I excited? Perhaps just a bit!

7. rjblue

From the looks of my TV guide- CTV showed the recap show last night and they are airing "Broken" at 7pm. The US stations are airing the recap show at 8pm and then "Broken" at 9pm.

I'll be doing lots of squeeing and commenting here, because I have no one to watch it with at home. Because of the time zone thing (yay Atlantic Standard time) I'll get to watch it first, and I'll put spoiler tags in until other people start watching and commenting, but then I'll edit them out. 85 minutes to go...

8. rjblue

Spoiler tags removed:

Sleeping Beauty looks a lot like Belle, and her Prince Philip looks like charming.

That wasn't the Mad Hatter in the city was it?

Emma's reaction to everyone waking up is very well played, I think. Getting a Mom and Dad like this has got to be extremely weird.

The new connection of Rumple with the Sleeping Beauty story looks intriguing.

I'm sssssoooooo happy this is back. It's my one hour of total escapism.

They have dementors in fairytale land.

And is there going to be a love triangle in Sleeping Beauty and Mulan's future. I root for Mulan.

So the magic is tied to Emma now. eta- but it's interesting that now Regina seems to have her power back.

Poor Rumple-will he ever escape the evil power he posesses? And I'm so happy that Belle is trying to stick with him.

And I'm happy that we have a good explanation to continue the dual worlds.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  9. Norlite

Norlite New Member

Half way through and this episode is amazing!

rjblue and (deleted member) like this.
  10. rjblue

Isn't it though. I called for total silence in the house while it was on, because I didn't want to miss a line. I love how they've set us up for a new season.

11. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Wow, Mulan and Sleeping Beauty have so much chemistry! Although I do love the actor who played Phillip. He has been in so many tv shows. I love his eyes.

Great premier. Really sets up the season for everyone.

rjblue and (deleted member) like this.
  12. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

You know a lot of trouble would have been avoided if Belle would have just let Rumple kill Regina.

13. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

^This!

It's sweet that the family all got back together . . . and then the next thing you know, ripped apart again. Honestly, can't any of them just stay put for five freakin' minutes??

14. TanithandBenFan

I know! :wall: But I love seeing David being all grandfatherly with Henry, and I think it will be fun watching them have some quality time together!

15. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Loved it, whew!!!!!

16. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

:cheer: It's back! I wasn't quite sure if I liked where it was going at first, but now I can't wait for the next episode.

17. Wyliefan

Yeah, this grandpa-grandson bonding thing is going to be cute. :)

18. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

Loved it. I hate to admit it but I feel sorry for Regina. She has lost everything with her one track mind.

Carol

19. TanithandBenFan

So I guess Regina got her magic back when Emma touched her arm?

20. Norlite

Norlite New Member

That was my thought.

And who was the guy at the beginning? Baelfire?

21. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

Probably and I have a feeling
    Henry's father

Carol

22. Wyliefan

I thought the same! There was something about the way they introduced him that seemed
    a parallel to the way they introduced Emma in s. 1.

23. HeatherC

Waiting until 11 PM tonight to watch my recording of this show and then come here to gush was an inhumane torture that I don't wish on anyone, LOL :lol:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!! Wow, the reviewers were right that the premiere was amazing! I wasn't sure where the whole Aurora, Mulan, Phillip thing was going but it all made sense in the end. Rumple and Belle had a very realistic reunion and the Chip part was pretty cute. I loved the Charming Family Reunion and go Emma for being happy but a little out of sorts with the whole thing because that makes PERFECT sense after being alone for her whole life. And OMG the dwarves bowing to Snow was so sweet! Emma is apparently the only one in Storybrooke who can use magic pretty consistently which is ironic since she's the one least likely to even understand how to to do that! Dang, I could gush even more because the whole show was so awesome but I really need to go get some sleep after having one of the longest days EVER today.

I LOVE THIS SHOW. :cheer: :swoon:

24. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Best line of the night was when Charming found out about Snow's one night stand with Dr. Whale.

"Whale?!"

"We were CURSED!" :rofl:

Or, as I heard it referred to on Twitter, this is OUAT's version of "We were on a break!"

I can't blame Emma for being somewhat stand-offish towards Snow and Charming but I must admit, the room got very dusty during the reunion scene. *sniff*

25. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I was worried about the direction they were going to take the show after breaking the curse. Part of the allure of the whole thing was the flashbacks to fairy tale world so I was wondering how they would keep up that part and where the story would go from there...

I needn't have worried! That premiere was EXCELLENT!! I absolutely love the whole Sleeping Beauty (Aurora)/Mulan thing! I was like, "YES! Where's Mushu?" :lol: And I loved the whole dementor/wraith thing too! Sad for losing Philip *tear*. When he turned around and said "I love you", to whom was he speaking? IIRC, he didn't look at either of them...he was kinda looking down and then the camera goes both to Aurora and Mulan's face. That was interesting. I wonder if that will come up later in the season?

I did feel sorry for Regina...until she got her magic back and went right back to being an evil btich. The reunion b/w Emma, Snow and Charming made me a little teary (the actress who plays Snow is so good!), but I get why Emma's a bit weirded out by the whole thing. So cute when Henry said, "Grandpa!" :)

So the magic is back, but it seems to stem from Emma? Regina didn't get her magic back until Emma touched her...so does Emma have magic she can use? Maybe we'll find out in fairy tale land. I love that they are back there, even though it's been in ruins for 28 years. Now they know they can return but obviously they've got some cleaning up to do. Also Charming has to find a way to get there. I think Snow and Emma being stranded in fairy tale world will help to bridge that gap Emma is feeling and I love that Mulan and Aurora will be regular characters (at least I'm assuming they will be if they're working with Snow and Emma).

I like that Belle is back but Rumple hasn't changed much. I wonder if she's going to be the one to do it or if somewhere down the line she'll realize he's a hopeless evil cause...

SO pleased with premiere and giddy with excitement over the new season! I really love the concept of this show and all of the layers of story telling. It's a lot to keep up with but the writers do a great job. WHOOO! I LOVE TV!! :lol:

26. Artemis@BC

I'm assuming. Tho I they threw a loop in there because there was an old sign on the wall of his apartment that said "something Hatters." Blink and you'd miss it.

And I too am wondering if he'll turn out to be Henry's father. I can't remember now -- I remember the fake story Emma told Henry, but did she ever recount the real story?

And ... any guesses who the Doctor will turn out to be?

I loved pretty much everything about this episode. (Am already planning on buying S2 on DVD. :D) The way they set everything up, the way the connection with fairytale land continues, new characters ... all of it. Probably the smartest line they wrote was "Magic is different here" -- so much story potential there. I hope Emma & Snow aren't trapped in fairytaleland for the whole season (just because it might get increasingly hopeless for the folks on the other side), but I'm looking forward to several episodes of adventure with them there. No doubt their being trapped together will result in some very interesting and real-world mother-daughter talks mixed in with the more fantastical stuff!

I am now officially striking off any other plans for Sunday nights for the entire season.

27. Nan

Nan Just me

I was a little concerned about where the story was going to go with the curse broken. I shouldn't have worried. :)

I think he may have been Baelfire (and possibly Henry's father), and the note sent by pigeon express came from August. The two boys were fairly close in age and both came to the "real world" without the curse. August made a couple of calls to someone from Storybrook about helping Emma believe and breaking the curse, and I think this may have been who he called.

I saw the sign. I thought it said "Hats Cleaned and Blocked" but I might be wrong. Made me go :confused: .

* Just watched online, the sign says "Cleaners and Hatters."

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  28. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

I hope they flesh out the Sleeping Beauty/Phillip/Mulan storyline. I just find it kind of disconcerting to see Mulan in Sleeping Beauty land. :lol:

Custom made hats (and wigs) are made on head forms called "blocks."

29. Nan

Nan Just me

I knew what blocking a hat is, I just couldn't figure out why the sign would be there. It makes me think there might be a connection between this man and The Mad Hatter, but it might also be a misleading clue.

It turns out I remembered the sign wrong, but it still makes me go :confused: .

30. Artemis@BC

Yeah, that was a bit odd -- they've stayed pretty much exclusively in Central-Western European folklore & fairy tales so far. Really opens things up though! Not only for non-European stories, but Greek & Roman mythology, Norse, Indian, ... hey, since they're in North American on this side, how about some Raven and Coyote?

Things could get messy! But I have a lot of faith in these writers. They haven't let me down so far.