Once Upon a Time S2: The Magic Returns

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by CDANN1013, Aug 9, 2012.

1. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

Spoilers for Season 2:

Emilie DeRavin (Belle) and Meghan Ory (Red) have been promoted to show regulars. Dr. Whale's true identity will be revealed. Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, and Captain Hook will make an appearance. Henry's father may also be revealed. This information was gathered from TV guide and E on line.

The season premiere is Sunday, September 30.

Carol

2. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

OMG OMG OMG I almost had a heart attack thinking it was coming right up.

Spoilers- Yay! Especially
    Belle..................!

3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I had no idea what you were talking about without reading the spoilers so I've made your title clearer.

4. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

Thank you

5. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this to return! September 30 feels so far away though. I really need to get past this lack of patience thing.

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I can not wait!

7. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

Oh yeah this is the show I planned on watching this summer because I had the first few episodes on my DVR when it decided that it wanted to not let me watch anything I had recorded :( Off to find me some episodes! Thanks for the reminder :p

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  8. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Sarah Bolger from the Tudors has been cast as
    Aurora/Sleeping Beauty

9. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

This show needs to come back NOW because the Olympics are almost over and I need something else to occupy all my attention, LOL ;) :lol: :cheer:

BTW-There are some sneak peaks from the S1 DVD that comes out on August 28th :cheer: and holy cow, there's an Emma & MM deleted scene there that I can't believe was cut from that particular episode. It's so heartbreaking and I can only imagine we're in for more of that in season two now that MM remembers that she's Snow White and has a long lost daughter! Here's the link to that scene and you can find the other videos on that same channel.

Link: http://youtu.be/Bin5HdhhiVE

*sniff sniff* :fragile:

10. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I'd cut myself off from buying TV series on DVD ... but I think I'm going to have to break that rule for Once Upon a Time. And I really do think it will bear up to repeat watching.

Plus I just won a $100 gift card for Chapters ... what better way to spend it? Books? Pah! :D

11. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

12. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Yay. I loved Hurley. I hope they give him the same kind of wry humorous character; Jorge is great at that.

13. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Hurley has to be the Giant from Jack and the Beanstalk. He would be perfect!

14. HeatherC

I'm SO excited about Jorge doing a guest spot on the show! :cheer:

I'm buying the DVD tomorrow and plan to watch a bunch of it tomorrow night (I've all ready seen the bloopers and they're a RIOT :D). I don't normally buy TV DVDs at all, especially when they just come out, but this series is so great that I'm breaking a rule too. We're such rebels for this show...it also helps that there's a coupon on ABC.com for $10 off if you buy it this week, LOL :biggrinbo :cheer2:

15. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

Have to say Sarah Bolger looks great (spoilerish link).

She actually kinda looks like Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell.

Funny that they also cast Colin O'Donaghue, who played Queen Mary's brief love interest in the Tudors, as
    Captain Hook

16. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the Season 1 DVDs. So much fun to watch the 2nd time around, looking for clues etc. when you know what's coming later.

There are also a ton of great extras on the DVDs. My faves were:
    ~ The "7:15" episode commentary with Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas -- lots of fun tidbits and behind-the-scenes secrets.
    ~ The "Skin Deep" episode commentary with Robert Carlyle and (writer) Jane Espenson -- neat insights into both the writing and acting crafts from both these veterans. Plus Carlyle speaking with his true Glaswegian accent (which he tones down for the show): :swoon:
    ~ The "Welcome to Storybrooke" vignette about filming in Steveston. I was actually there on a filming day and saw one of the scenes they show in the vignette, but didn't see myself. And I'm okay with that. :D
    ~ The "Snow White I remember ..." where various cast members retell the Snow White story as they remember it.

17. HeatherC

First official promo with new footage from season two in it!! :cheer:

I love the season one DVD! The commentaries are SO much fun and I love learning more about the episode ins and outs from the actor/producers. My favorites are the Ginny/Josh one (love the banter between them) and the Eddie/Adam/Jen Morrison one for the finale ("What is in that tea?!" -Jen :lol: ). I am SO anxious for season two to get here! :biggrinbo

18. Nan

Nan Just me

My husband started watching this with me halfway through season one. He drove me crazy asking questions about the characters and needing me to fill in backstories while we were watching!

I brought home the season one DVD set last weekend and told him he needed to catch up before the start of the second season because I was NOT answering questions during the broadcasts this season.

I came home yesterday to find that he had set up a schedule for both of us to watch the DVDs together. He said that he wants me there while he's watching in case he doesn't understand something so we can "pause" and I can explain. :lol:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  19. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

There are photos and an article about the new season in EW's (Entertainment Weekly) FALL TV preview out right now as well.

Heather, I instantly thought of you. :lol:

20. HeatherC

Yeah, I all ready have that magazine. ;) :shuffle: :p :saint:

21. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

Also the whole first season is on Netflix for anyone who wants to catch up, or missed some episodes (like me) :shuffle:

22. HeatherC

Once Upon a Time is the main story and on the cover of the newest edition of TV Guide magazine (Fall Preview issue) if anyone else is like me and heading off to buy the thing as soon as it's on the newstand this week. :p

23. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

TV Guide still exists? Hmmm ... maybe I should look for one.

24. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

It's a cute cover, Ginny Goodwin tweeted a picture of it this morning.

25. HeatherC

It looks more like a magazine now than the little booklet thing most of us remember from the past. :p

26. Nan

Nan Just me

27. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

ohhhhh, that was gooooood stuffs - to quote my daughter. I can hardly wait.

28. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

24hours and 15 minutes until the season premiere. Who is excited?

Carol

29. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Me!!! I've been counting the time down with a friend at work. :lol: :D

30. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

I. Can't. Wait!