OMG! Is George Clooney really...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Sylvia, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm, I guess so :lol:. Clearly, he isn't a memorable actor. More of a heartthrob with a good pedigree and more talented co-stars.

Just saw Pitt in Seven Years in Tibet - he was quite effective as the selfish Austrian who is transformed into a better person after living in Tibet. But the hygiene rumore take away the hot.

My problem with Clooney is he comes across as arrogant and entitled at times - as if his presence earns him special favors. Onscreen he's okay, if not spectacular.

2. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

I had a crush on George for a minute. But then I met my boyfriend and realized reality was more fun than fantasy :lol: I've heard the gay rumor for years, and from some very "close" sources, but never had an opinion one way or the other.

George is a decent actor. I've enjoyed a number of films that he's been in (particularly Michael Clayton). If he and Amal are happy, great! I would recommend to them that they make the engagement a long one, however -- say, about 2 years -- given George's past attention span.

O-

3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I wonder if a long engagement is necessary. When you've been around the block that many times, it's conceivable that you are quite certain when you've found someone you want to settle down with. It seems to be a similar pattern to Warren Beatty - back in the 60s, 70s and 80s he was Hollywood's most eligible bachelor with a string of high profile romances (more so than George even - Warren's were mostly accomplished actresses who were as well known as he was). Then he met Annette Bening, and by nearly all accounts, they remain happy after 22 years of marriage.

4. OliviaPug

Sure. Maybe not necessary, but couldn't hurt. Why the rush to get married? I guess that's their business, but if children are in the future picture, I would want to be good and sure this was a real commitment.

O-

5. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I was thinking the other day how strange it is that it seems no one ever uses the B word...

6. OliviaPug

Can I use the "P" word? Think she's preggers?

O-

7. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Can them bisexuals do that too??

8. OliviaPug

Them bisexuals can and do ... everything.

O-

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  9. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

My first thought was, "oh, this one wouldn't sign the contract!"

I like how nonchalant he is about the gay speculation.

10. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I don't know where the rumour came from but my friend worked with Brad Pitt during the filming of the second half of World War Z and I asked him about this and he said he seemed clean and didn't smell so....:shuffle:

He also said lookswise he looked like a regular guy, but is one of those people that looks incredible on film - he said it's the first time he realised what people mean when the say "the camera loves X".

11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Cosmo did an interview on Pitt and the interviewer said that he had "killer" BO...several women he has dated, including actress Robin Givens, reportedly complained to him about it, so it's not a rumor. Maybe he has cleaned up his act, so to speak, but his funk was for real.

12. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

My admiration for Clooney comes from his using his money and clout to make movies that would otherwise not be made, as well as the fact that he really is a serious do-gooder on tough issues. I could care less if he's bi but I really doubt he's gay -- I know one of his past girlfriends slightly and she only has good things to say about him, vertically and horizontally.

13. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Couldn't care less? :(

14. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Interesting, I found this article the other day. What is your take on it? http://www.debbieschlussel.com/7028...ab-chick-my-encounter-w-her-alamuddin-family/
    I don't know who this person is, who wrote it or how credible she is.

FWIW I like Clooney. He seems like a really nice, down to earth guy.

15. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I have to say I was thinking the same thing.

16. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

So they side with Palestine? I know it's a big issue and one that many take personally, but it's not like having an extreme opinion on the issue is out-of-the-ordinary even if it's a bit extreme.

It's like if someone wrote a huge write-up of her family being pro-Life. It's a stance I am in total and utter disagreement with and I would probably assume that family is misinformed or privileged, but it's not interesting enough for me to write about.

Of course, I think the author is equating the anti-Israeli sentiment with being anti-Semitic. And she's also judging "the sins of the family" onto her.

17. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

I couldn't get through that piece. It was so badly written. It was basically.... I went to a party and people said things I didn't want to hear. And George Clooney's fiancé WAS THERE TOO! And has the same last name as some of those people.

Um, so?

18. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

It tickles me that she is entirely "too good" for him on paper. :lol:

As a woman whose relatives used to tell her (and her sister) that we were "too smart" for men, this also tickled me: An Open Letter to the future Mrs. Clooney: Congrats on Proving Princeton Mom Wrong.

A lot of actors often need someone at home to hold down the fort and stroke their ego, but Mr. Clooney's been in Hollywood long enough be comfortable doing his own thing. Love life aside (and it's pretty minor quibbling because maybe he just didn't care about serious relationships), he always seemed to have it together. He just got a few points in my book for not being intimidated by a smart, accomplished woman. :) IME, such men are rare, which is a pretty sad observation in itself.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

The constant revolving door of Clooney's female partners, which are being paraded in front of the media sometimes coupled with some pretty ridiculous stories about how they met/the relationship/etc. is very desperate. LOOK AT ME I AM SO STRAIGHT!

The waitress' Cinderella story, in particular, was something right out of one of his crappy rom-coms.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  20. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

You're being deeply irritating, Ziggy. Things are not always as they don't seem.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  21. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Ziggy, I think you're way off the mark about Clooney. He has always seemed very comfortable in who he is and isn't bothered if people think he is gay or not.

22. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I agree. I remember one time hearing George Clooney say he didn't want to answer whether he was gay or not since he didn't want to imply there was anything wrong with it if he was.

23. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Clooney has been adamant in the past that he wants to be child free. But hey, people do change their minds.

24. OliviaPug

Yeah, I just assumed that this particular woman would want to have children, but I could be very wrong. It's an odd assumption for me to have actually since I chose not the have children and stuck with that decision -- and I am also a (serious) career woman (is that word still used? :lol:) She's young enough to still consider it ... but not so young that she could wait for her second marriage ...

O-

25. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Good for you, OliviaPug. I used to think something was wrong with me for not being parental. I respect folks who make a conscious decision not to be a parent, me included.

26. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I think for a lot of people there is no such thing as being part gay. It's like being considered black even though only one eighth of your ancestors were.

27. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Reading this thread reminds me of the Tina Fey joke at the Golden Globes when she was discussing George Clooney's performance in Gravity:

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/ja...-clooney-tina-fey-golden-globes-joke-20140120

28. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

29. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^ Indeed! If well written that would be great fun. And why not also throw Amy Poehler into the mix for the fun of it. :D

George is one dapper cool furry bear. Stop poking the bear with a stick now y'all. :lol: