Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 4, 2010.

1. enigma

enigma New Member

okay so... David is a pig. Tessa is an imbocile. Jesse is one poor sad little boy. What else is there to say?

Oh, right, Tessa? If there is one functioning brain cell left in your pitiful head?? RUN!!!!

flutzilla1, alilou, maggylyn and 3 others like this.
  2. JasperBoy

JasperBoy Heading for Helsinki

Now that this is out in the open, maybe Scott won't have to make those silly remarks about his supposed relationship with Tessa anymore.

3. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Why is it all David's fault?

4. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Shouldn't we wait for confirmation before assuming that Tessa is involved with David?

5. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Terry Jones article in the Edmonton Sun:
    http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2010/06/04/14269551.html

6. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

Being the "other woman" in a triangle with a married man 15 years her senior will not enhance Tessa's public image. If it is true, she is a total dingbat.

7. EBASKoroleva

EBASKoroleva New Member

Not a surprise. Hopefully they can stay friendly for their child.

8. ice.dance.girl

ice.dance.girl Member

The divorce was pretty much an open sercret, but when rumours were posted earlier many people were like "I know for a fact that this isn't true bla bla" even though half of the skating world already knew... The whole David&Tessa "rumour" was not invented by someone to destroy her public image, but is based on facts....anyways...who cares, it's her private life. (I don't think David is a good choice for her though....)
    The media did a good job so far to cover the whole thing up. During the Olympics, her family wasn't shown a few times before or after the performance (not sure which one) because Pelletier was sitting with them.

9. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Tessa and DAVID PELLETIER????? OMG......Good...for them, I guess. :eek:

10. psycho

psycho New Member

I can't say I care much about their divorce, but I do feel bad for the baby. He's the real victim here. As for Tessa and Pelletier? Whatever floats their boat...but Canadian media will have a field day with this when it comes out (if it ever does).

11. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Melissa and Denis..

12. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Or Canadian Zhulin?

13. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

judgejudy27 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Didn't seem at all telling to me. . .but then I think Tessa is way to classy and smart for David Pelletier.

15. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Tessa is definitely way too good for David. She's young with a lot in front of her; he's 35 with a kid and two divorces.

Sorry if that sounds mean, but I've always gotten a kind of narcissistic vibe from him. He also has a bit of a temper and could be cruel to Jamie in difficult moments, only to apologize later for losing control.

16. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

So did I until the last couple of days... :shuffle:

17. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Why is the media covering it up? Is it because they want to protect them from scandal?

Anyway, it was pretty obvious to me a few months ago that Sale and Pelletier weren't together anymore because we could see at the Thin Ice competition that they weren't wearing their wedding rings like they used to.

18. screech

screech Well-Known Member

To be fair, he's been separated from Jamie for a year and a half, so it's not quite as skeezy as if he was stepping out on her, though he's supposedly also been with Jessica Dube in that time (IIRC from :sekret: he's the real reason she and Bryce broke up...)

19. lclevers

lclevers New Member

Does anyone else think Jaime Sale is aging badly? Look at her face when she's not wearing heavy makeup....sorry but it doesn't look good and I think she looks a LOT older than what she is. When I look at her something stands out about her that is not flattering. Her face kind of looks aneorexic and wrinkly. Although, when she's performing on the ice and has all that professional skating makeup on her, she does look much better. Perhaps, David has lost interest in her because of this and has fallen out of love with her...it would make sense why he's with Tessa now.

I don't understand why the media is covering it up. Do you think if it was made public during the Olympics, it could have made it harder for them to win gold? It's not fair that the media plays out other celebrities personal lives on national TV, why not the same for Tessa and David? Let me guess, because they are media darlings in the skating world? If I were Jaime I'd tell the media about their relationship to avoid looking like the bad apple in the marriage. A lot of people already dislike Jaime, the divorce will give them even more reason to hate and blame her. But I can understand why she would stay silent and that would probably be for the sake of her son. What the hell is Tessa doing with David anyways? I wonder how Scott and the rest of the skating world feel about this, knowing that Tessa is involved with David. Makes you wonder if she's as sweet and innocent as the media makes her out to be....doesn't look like it now.

20. The Observer

The Observer New Member

It looks like the media covered up some things about Sale & Pelletier's relationship too. It says in a number of articles about their divorce today that Pelletier left his first wife for Sale, but the media appears to have kept that quiet during their Love Story years.

Perhaps it is in the media's interest to portray these couples as perfect sweethearts so that it creates a positive interest in the sport and because they want to stay on good terms with the athletes involved.

21. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

:duh::

Of course!! She's looking older so he lost interest, fell out of love with her, and found himself a prettier, younger gal.

:duh::

If she had been smart she would have just have had some work done and then they would still be together. Don't all women know that botox is the key to ever-lasting love? :)

Though David Pelletier is starting to look a bit wrinkly and non-youthful himself. Isn't he fortunate to be among the one-half of our species that doesn't have to perpetually beautiful?

22. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Jamie still looks beautiful and young, I totally disagree. I hope that's not the reason for their break up, but with rumors of David going for such a younger woman, who knows. Leaving your wife and child based on looks is no excuse for leaving a marriage, that's as superficial as it gets. I'm tired of so many being so obsessed with aestethics. When you have a baby, that child comes first no matter what and you try to do the best you can to save that marriage for the child's sake.

As for the media covering up scandal because they're afraid to tarnish Tessa's image, I would agree with that opinion.

23. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

This thread has all the potential to become a trainwreck. :watch:

Not surprised about the news, actually, it was pretty much common knowledge for a long time.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Are you shure Tessa and David are together? In all case, he was along, she wasnt a reason of this divorce/ I dont see any problems with Tessas image ;)

25. lclevers

lclevers New Member

26. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

The wheels have already come off if you ask me. :barrel

This.

igniculus and (deleted member) like this.
  27. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Hey, you forgot us! :mad:

- Barbara Wagner and Robert Paul, Canadian Olympic Gold Medalists in Pairs, 1960

28. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

29. The Observer

The Observer New Member

I think David is a bit of a douche too, and after finding out that he left his wife for another woman, he's not the type of guy I would want to be with.

But I admit that he can be sexy sometimes, and perhaps it is that French sexiness that some women can't resist.

30. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Now I'm laughing how naive some of you were when in some old thread you hysterically squalled that it couldn't be true about Tessa and David, and you knew it for sure, and she was an angel which couldn't be involved in a relationship with a married man who was 15 years older than her and bla bla bla:lol:
    Seriously, it's time to wake up from your pink dreams and expectations about your sweethearts and face a life what it is. Really it looks like the majority of this board are teenagers.

BlackPack and (deleted member) like this.