Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 4, 2010.

1. RD

RD Well-Known Member

That too. Point is, they probably both knew deep down it was a risk. He could have done it for the "trophy wife" factor; she could have done it for some easy $$. Not saying this is the reason but just putting it out there that this just might not be the "good person/bad person" situation that so many seem to think it is.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I had no idea Tiger Woods was a figure skater. :saint:

3. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

Maybe he thought getting married would "cure" the screwing around. Maybe even Jamie and David thought the same thing.

4. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

There are plenty of men I've known who stopped screwing around once they found The One. The main difference is that they didn't cheat on the women they were dating; they would either find someone else and dump their girlfriend, or they refused to be monogamous.

5. RD

RD Well-Known Member

That's definitely the way to go. Do you know any women who did the same?

6. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Strange. Of all the men I know who screwed around on their wives/girlfriends, not a single one stopped when they found "The One". It seems I know the wrong men. :lol:

7. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

I guess this is age talking, but if you have "the one" in your life, no matter what temptation comes along, no BFD, 1/10/30/60 minutes of pleasure doesn't matter vs. destroying something real. Trolling is EGO more than finding love.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  8. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I know some women who had a lot of one-night stands in between boyfriends, but were monogamous in relationships, and some who are polyamorous and although they have primary partners, everything is out in the open with and about their other partners. (It takes far better communications and negotiation skills than I have.)

Either the women that I know haven't cheated on their partners when in a relationship -- too tired is my best guess -- or they haven't told me about it (which I suspect in at least one case, because they know my reaction would be "You're an idiot.")

9. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

You prob never heard of him cuz he always cheats... his jumps. Sometimes by a full turn.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  10. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

:rofl:

11. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

He does it about 13 times in a competition, right?

12. ildah

ildah New Member

My London Ont friend who knows Dave Simpson (Craig's brother) says that she's pretty sure Craig Simpson and his wife are attempting to reconcile or work things out. Is that possible, some of you Edmonton people who are more on the inside?

That might be why Jamie was a little snippy and bitchy to David at the end of one of the CNE shows this past weekend, as observed by one of the backstage hands at the Ricoh Colisseum.

Other than that, they looked OK, albeit very, very sloppy in their skating, and showed off their little guy a couple of times, maybe in an attempt to look like a normal, friendly divorced couple :rolleyes: But even in one of the twitter pics online, Jamie was smiling, but didn't look that happy. Maybe tired.

13. StonewshMullet

StonewshMullet Well-Known Member

Guess Craig got the ole memo entitled "It's Cheaper to Keep her" or maybe "Brother Ya Got to Hit It and Quit It"

14. ildah

ildah New Member

Guess he was wrong

15. ildah

ildah New Member

16. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

17. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I was at the same event as George Clooney once. I would like to say that proves we are a couple, but I think you're right.

The Accordion, mag, *Jen* and 5 others like this.
  18. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Naw, in your case, I'm sure you're with George Clooney :hat1:

I have a picture with George, actually. He's looking lovingly into my eyes. I'm sure it would prove we were a couple if it weren't for the fact he was made of wax :drama:

19. ildah

ildah New Member

Ok, Jen.