Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 4, 2010.

1. musicgurl

musicgurl I know a place...

Tessa and Fedor broke up last fall. And David is mid 30's I believe.
  2. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

Ding-ding-ding, a winner.

Thinking it over, I'm actually relieved in a way that the separation was so long ago, at least from the POV that I can give him and U-know benefit of the doubt WRT timing - in the alleged relationship. Just as I've always given him and Jamie the same WRT his 1st marriage.

But I'm sure that won't keep others from more of an unsubstantiated rumor/ snark fest.

I'd name some, but again, that'd just start up the big rumor mill about those skaters.

It seems to me that a lot of skaters have great tragedies at a young age, and yes, perhaps a lot seem to have difficulty keeping longterm relationships. But so do a lot of people.
    Really and (deleted member) like this.
  3. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Jaime was only 22 when she and David became an item. Think of all that's happened to them over the last 10 years.
  4. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

David is born in November 1974 which means he's 35 years old now.
  5. blademate

blademate New Member

On the blog/formspring Aunt Joyce's Ice Cream Stand, he confirmed it's Tessa several times... Even said David was sitting with Tessa's family at the Olympics :yikes: He is usually pretty accurate and doesn't post things without good sources, but who knows?
  6. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

I can't think of any that are as long term as the Protopopovs ... maybe, Moskvina and her husband? Are Punsalan and Swallow still married?
  7. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

He arrived at Canadians - saw him just after the original dance and he stayed for the mens short program. Someone in the crowd asked him were Jamie was and he said "at home, with the baby." At the time, I thought it was odd but it seemed reasonable enough.

I have to say, if it is Tessa, I find that more than a little disturbing. The age difference alone is quite stunning, never-mind the fact that he has been married and divorced twice. Not good...
  8. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

A big age difference worked for Moskvina and Moskvin.
  9. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Sorry to read confirmation of the news. Hope it's an amicable split for Jesse's sake.
  10. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Punsalan and Swallow are still together as far as I know. I hope they stay together, they are a sweet couple!
    judgejudy27 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Evan? :cool:
    milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  12. sfahrut

sfahrut Member

Makarov/Selezneva
  13. dots

dots Well-Known Member

sad to hear about this divorce. :(

As for Tessa... WOW :eek:
  14. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

I can only imagine- especailly if there is someone that casued the split I know a lot of divorced paretns who can barely LOOK at each other never mind skate together! :EVILLE:

I do think that jamie is shining right now- she looks great and is from what I ehar skating well-

Tessa seems to be makign the rounds of skaters :D I guess the tension on the bus is outta this world though!

18 months! wow that is a long time to keep a secret for- and having ayoung child is very taxing on a marriage -

I am sad to hear of this-
  15. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Rakhama/Kokko. Meno/Sand. Linichuk/Karpasonov. Victor Kraatz and his wife haven't been married that long, but they've been together for a long time. Dickson/Lindgren.
  16. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

17. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Klimova / Ponomorenko, Drobiazko / Vanagas. There are many others as well.
  18. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Even if this was coming with awkward public appearences it is still sad because at one point they did want to be together and had a kid and everything.
  19. jlai

jlai Title-less

Jason and Yuka
    The Petrenkos
  20. The Observer

The Observer New Member

So it turns out that the rumors that were posted on FSU about Sale and Pelletier earlier this year turned out to be true afterall.
  21. enigma

enigma New Member

okay so... David is a pig. Tessa is an imbocile. Jesse is one poor sad little boy. What else is there to say?

Oh, right, Tessa? If there is one functioning brain cell left in your pitiful head?? RUN!!!!
    flutzilla1, alilou, maggylyn and 3 others like this.
  22. JasperBoy

JasperBoy Well-Known Member

Now that this is out in the open, maybe Scott won't have to make those silly remarks about his supposed relationship with Tessa anymore.
  23. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Why is it all David's fault?
  24. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Shouldn't we wait for confirmation before assuming that Tessa is involved with David?
  25. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Terry Jones article in the Edmonton Sun:
    http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2010/06/04/14269551.html
  26. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

Being the "other woman" in a triangle with a married man 15 years her senior will not enhance Tessa's public image. If it is true, she is a total dingbat.
  27. EBASKoroleva

EBASKoroleva New Member

Not a surprise. Hopefully they can stay friendly for their child.
  28. ice.dance.girl

ice.dance.girl New Member

The divorce was pretty much an open sercret, but when rumours were posted earlier many people were like "I know for a fact that this isn't true bla bla" even though half of the skating world already knew... The whole David&Tessa "rumour" was not invented by someone to destroy her public image, but is based on facts....anyways...who cares, it's her private life. (I don't think David is a good choice for her though....)
    The media did a good job so far to cover the whole thing up. During the Olympics, her family wasn't shown a few times before or after the performance (not sure which one) because Pelletier was sitting with them.
  29. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Tessa and DAVID PELLETIER????? OMG......Good...for them, I guess. :eek:
  30. psycho

psycho New Member

I can't say I care much about their divorce, but I do feel bad for the baby. He's the real victim here. As for Tessa and Pelletier? Whatever floats their boat...but Canadian media will have a field day with this when it comes out (if it ever does).
  31. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Melissa and Denis..
  32. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Or Canadian Zhulin?
  33. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

judgejudy27 and (deleted member) like this.
  34. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Didn't seem at all telling to me. . .but then I think Tessa is way to classy and smart for David Pelletier.
  35. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Tessa is definitely way too good for David. She's young with a lot in front of her; he's 35 with a kid and two divorces.

Sorry if that sounds mean, but I've always gotten a kind of narcissistic vibe from him. He also has a bit of a temper and could be cruel to Jamie in difficult moments, only to apologize later for losing control.
  36. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

So did I until the last couple of days... :shuffle:
  37. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Why is the media covering it up? Is it because they want to protect them from scandal?

Anyway, it was pretty obvious to me a few months ago that Sale and Pelletier weren't together anymore because we could see at the Thin Ice competition that they weren't wearing their wedding rings like they used to.
  38. screech

screech Well-Known Member

To be fair, he's been separated from Jamie for a year and a half, so it's not quite as skeezy as if he was stepping out on her, though he's supposedly also been with Jessica Dube in that time (IIRC from :sekret: he's the real reason she and Bryce broke up...)
  39. lclevers

lclevers New Member

Does anyone else think Jaime Sale is aging badly? Look at her face when she's not wearing heavy makeup....sorry but it doesn't look good and I think she looks a LOT older than what she is. When I look at her something stands out about her that is not flattering. Her face kind of looks aneorexic and wrinkly. Although, when she's performing on the ice and has all that professional skating makeup on her, she does look much better. Perhaps, David has lost interest in her because of this and has fallen out of love with her...it would make sense why he's with Tessa now.

I don't understand why the media is covering it up. Do you think if it was made public during the Olympics, it could have made it harder for them to win gold? It's not fair that the media plays out other celebrities personal lives on national TV, why not the same for Tessa and David? Let me guess, because they are media darlings in the skating world? If I were Jaime I'd tell the media about their relationship to avoid looking like the bad apple in the marriage. A lot of people already dislike Jaime, the divorce will give them even more reason to hate and blame her. But I can understand why she would stay silent and that would probably be for the sake of her son. What the hell is Tessa doing with David anyways? I wonder how Scott and the rest of the skating world feel about this, knowing that Tessa is involved with David. Makes you wonder if she's as sweet and innocent as the media makes her out to be....doesn't look like it now.
  40. The Observer

The Observer New Member

It looks like the media covered up some things about Sale & Pelletier's relationship too. It says in a number of articles about their divorce today that Pelletier left his first wife for Sale, but the media appears to have kept that quiet during their Love Story years.

Perhaps it is in the media's interest to portray these couples as perfect sweethearts so that it creates a positive interest in the sport and because they want to stay on good terms with the athletes involved.