Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 4, 2010.

1. cammelia

cammelia New Member

So, does anyone know who his new bf is...

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  2. itsartemis

itsartemis Enjoy your doron, Daisuke!

He is bi? ;)

Sad that the rumors were true. So maybe Jamie wasn't pissed at for M/T skating to "Love story", but it was just sad remembering what she and David used to be?

3. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I was a huge M/T fan and I was pissed at them for skating to that pile of dreck. I would actually like Jamie if the reason for her sour face was exactly the same.

4. reese

reese Well-Known Member

David was very married when he first started skating with Jamie. He wore his wedding ring all of the '98-'99 season and would say hi to his wife's family in the kiss and cry. The '99-'00 Love Story season was very muddy re: timing. David and his wife were separating but it definitely overlapped with Jamie/David becoming romantically involved.

5. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

Now I'm dying to know who David is with...

Josee and Jean-Michel were married in 1997. Their twins were born in 2005 and best as I can tell, they were legally separated in 2007. Ten years of marriage and two little kids... Still hard to believe.

6. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

All this talk of skating divorces makes me appreciate the wonderful long-term marriage of Oleg and Ludmilla Protopopov. I'm trying to think of other long term skating marriages but I can't think of any others at the moment.

:( to hear of S/P's divorce.

7. SwingDancer

SwingDancer New Member

Who is you know who? Somebody drop me a pm if they do not want to post it.

8. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

If my remember correctly, someone said David and Tessa were dating. Don't know if it's true, though.

9. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

You are so full of win. :)

10. SwingDancer

SwingDancer New Member

Last time I checked, Fedor and Tessa were dating, and how old is David because Tessa is only like 20.

11. musicgurl

musicgurl I know a place...

Tessa and Fedor broke up last fall. And David is mid 30's I believe.

12. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

Ding-ding-ding, a winner.

Thinking it over, I'm actually relieved in a way that the separation was so long ago, at least from the POV that I can give him and U-know benefit of the doubt WRT timing - in the alleged relationship. Just as I've always given him and Jamie the same WRT his 1st marriage.

But I'm sure that won't keep others from more of an unsubstantiated rumor/ snark fest.

I'd name some, but again, that'd just start up the big rumor mill about those skaters.

It seems to me that a lot of skaters have great tragedies at a young age, and yes, perhaps a lot seem to have difficulty keeping longterm relationships. But so do a lot of people.

Really and (deleted member) like this.
  13. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Jaime was only 22 when she and David became an item. Think of all that's happened to them over the last 10 years.

14. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

David is born in November 1974 which means he's 35 years old now.

15. blademate

blademate Member

On the blog/formspring Aunt Joyce's Ice Cream Stand, he confirmed it's Tessa several times... Even said David was sitting with Tessa's family at the Olympics :yikes: He is usually pretty accurate and doesn't post things without good sources, but who knows?

16. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

I can't think of any that are as long term as the Protopopovs ... maybe, Moskvina and her husband? Are Punsalan and Swallow still married?

17. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

He arrived at Canadians - saw him just after the original dance and he stayed for the mens short program. Someone in the crowd asked him were Jamie was and he said "at home, with the baby." At the time, I thought it was odd but it seemed reasonable enough.

I have to say, if it is Tessa, I find that more than a little disturbing. The age difference alone is quite stunning, never-mind the fact that he has been married and divorced twice. Not good...

18. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

A big age difference worked for Moskvina and Moskvin.

19. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Sorry to read confirmation of the news. Hope it's an amicable split for Jesse's sake.

20. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Punsalan and Swallow are still together as far as I know. I hope they stay together, they are a sweet couple!

judgejudy27 and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Evan? :cool:

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  22. sfahrut

sfahrut Member

Makarov/Selezneva

23. dots

dots Well-Known Member

sad to hear about this divorce. :(

As for Tessa... WOW :eek:

24. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

I can only imagine- especailly if there is someone that casued the split I know a lot of divorced paretns who can barely LOOK at each other never mind skate together! :EVILLE:

I do think that jamie is shining right now- she looks great and is from what I ehar skating well-

Tessa seems to be makign the rounds of skaters :D I guess the tension on the bus is outta this world though!

18 months! wow that is a long time to keep a secret for- and having ayoung child is very taxing on a marriage -

I am sad to hear of this-

25. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Rakhama/Kokko. Meno/Sand. Linichuk/Karpasonov. Victor Kraatz and his wife haven't been married that long, but they've been together for a long time. Dickson/Lindgren.

26. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

27. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Klimova / Ponomorenko, Drobiazko / Vanagas. There are many others as well.

28. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Even if this was coming with awkward public appearences it is still sad because at one point they did want to be together and had a kid and everything.

29. jlai

jlai Title-less

Jason and Yuka
    The Petrenkos

30. The Observer

The Observer New Member

So it turns out that the rumors that were posted on FSU about Sale and Pelletier earlier this year turned out to be true afterall.