Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

2. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Ouch. Kind of sad all those rumors were right. I hope they are cordial with each other for Jesse's sake. Being the child of divorced parents who hate each other is not fun growing up.
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

Sadly, not a surprise given the speculation that has been occurring this winter. Still, it's sad news to see such a successful partnership end and also very sad because there is a child involved. I wish them both all the best.
  4. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Sad.

:(

I wonder why they didn't announce the divorce earlier.
  5. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

6. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I was just looking for this because I read it in the Globe and Mail a few minutes ago...didn't see it on here so thought maybe I'd read wrong!!!

I would not have guessed...not that i"m privy to these things, lol.

At least it seem amicable and hopefully, if true, stays that way.
  7. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

8. Canadask8er

Canadask8er New Member

I had heard a rumor that things weren't going well. But 18 months?? WOW!

I wonder what happened?
  9. enigma

enigma New Member

Well what do you know, all those rumours were right. Which likely means those other rumours were right. It is very sad, especially with a 2 year old involved. You have to wonder if they even tried to make it work.
  10. liv

liv Well-Known Member

And now, I am wondering what all those rumours are...
  11. enigma

enigma New Member

18 months... so their son would hav been just over a year old. nice.
  12. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

That's too bad, especially with a child involved. :(

Interesting that they're going to continue to skate together. Imagine what that has to be like.
    deltask8er and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

What? One rumor was right so now "all of them" are :lol:

I don't think rumor mills follow that logic.

Some of those "rumors" were based on the same logic you used to "wonder if they even tried to make it work" (AKA as nothing) :rolleyes:
  14. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:) Why wait 18 months ? Any number of reasons.I don't suppose with this being an Olympic year they would have wanted to be splat ! on the front pages again..they had contracts to fulfill..were probably deciding if the separation would be permanent or not...and whether they'd still continue to perform together...Glad it's yes,to that.
  15. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

Obviously not surprising for several reasons. As for them still skating together-- well, we have seen them working together in some capacity recently, so maybe they are used to it by now. Maybe there will be less tension between them as time goes on.

It sucks when people have a child and then separate almost immediately after. :(
    LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

Further to the discussion, I was completely shocked to learn that Josee Chouinard and Jean-Michel Bombardier have separated (and may be divorced now). According to this article, it has been four years. I never would have guessed - they had been together since they were so young and they seemed to have a very strong marriage. Their children would also have been very, very young when they separated. Just wondering if anyone knows anything more or if anyone knows what Jean-Michel is doing now? Just curious...

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/a...ys returned rink role 2010/2623920/story.html
  17. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

Sad to read this about S/P. [ETA: And can't recall if I knew about Josee either.] :( When I first saw S/P in the 90s I immediately fell in love with their chemistry.

Best wishes for their child.
  18. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I didn't even know Josee was married! Or if I knew, I'd forgotten. Boy, am I out of the loop.
    cholla and (deleted member) like this.
  19. SwingDancer

SwingDancer New Member

I was watching them on a television broadcast in Vancouver, and you could almost tell that something was wrong with the way that they were acting towards each other, cold, no eye contact, no hand holding. Last time I saw them on tv together were clips from Battle of the Blades, but moreso the 2006 Winter Olympic games right after they got married. They were joking around, couldn't keep their hands off of each other.

It is sad to see these things happen to anybody, so I wish them the best and hope they get through this for the sake of Jesse. As an attorney, I have seen how ugly divorce can get.
  20. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

Josee and Jean-Michel were married for a few years and have twins who must be at leat 4 years old now. They have been divorced for most of those years - since the twins were infants.

Jamie & David had contracts to commentate at the Olympics so it wouldn't have been great to announce a divorce before then. But David has been travellng to shows and competitions alone for most the 18 months and Jamie recently got a sponsorship for herself alone - can't remember for what firm.
  21. AnnieD

AnnieD Active Member

Really sad to hear but not surprised after all the rumours over the last few months.

I do hope they continue to skate together although it should definitely affect the kind of programs they do.

I really loved them as a team so I wish them and little Jesse all the best.
  22. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Burt's Bees, I think? There was a meet and greet in Vancouver during or just before the games in February if I remember correctly.
  23. IceJunkie

IceJunkie Well-Known Member

Its a shame the rumors are true. A year and a half though? Wow. I hope Jamie and David can be friends for Jesse's sake. :(
  24. LongTimeLurker

LongTimeLurker New Member

What I noticed from that article was:
    "Later, Pelletier separated from his wife as he and Salé became a couple."

He's done it before, and apparently he's done it again. Not an admirable trait.
  25. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

This is sad, but we can't be surprised with all the rumours who have been around for the last few months. I'm surprised they separated 18 months ago, I thought it was only a few months ago.

This is really sad, but I'm glad they still want to skate together. I wish them all the best, specially for Jesse.
  26. scs

scs Member

re: He's done it before, and apparently he's done it again. Not an admirable trait.

I'm not sure we have evidence to support this claim. As I recall from past interviews and articles, the first marriage was over prior to David skating with Jamie. However, that is just second hand information too.
    Whatever the case, it is sad, as is Josee's situation. I wish the best for all four (who were all favourite skaters for me) and their children.
  27. Rock2

Rock2 New Member

My post on the Stars on Ice Canada thread.... :p

28. LongTimeLurker

LongTimeLurker New Member

What I was trying to convey (rather poorly) was that David was married, met Jamie, and divorced wife #1. Then, he was married (to Jamie), met you-know-who, and is divorcing wife #2. It just seems like history is repeating itself. Perhaps future girlfriends should be wary.
  29. musicgurl

musicgurl I know a place...

But as far as we know you know who didn't split with her bf until shirtly before Trophee Eric Bompard last year which means Jamie & David were already seperated. Considering all the rumours I imagine the divorce had been a long time coming and they just delayed it to make their contractual obligations to CTV and such easier. I will say I do feel immensly sorry for you know who if the rumours are true
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  30. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

So is David the Canadian Morozov? (there I have said it!)

It is sad but not really surprising.
    mag, mella, Marge_Simpson and 7 others like this.
  31. cammelia

cammelia New Member

So, does anyone know who his new bf is...
    LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  32. itsartemis

itsartemis Enjoy your doron, Daisuke!

He is bi? ;)

Sad that the rumors were true. So maybe Jamie wasn't pissed at for M/T skating to "Love story", but it was just sad remembering what she and David used to be?
  33. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I was a huge M/T fan and I was pissed at them for skating to that pile of dreck. I would actually like Jamie if the reason for her sour face was exactly the same.
  34. reese

reese Well-Known Member

David was very married when he first started skating with Jamie. He wore his wedding ring all of the '98-'99 season and would say hi to his wife's family in the kiss and cry. The '99-'00 Love Story season was very muddy re: timing. David and his wife were separating but it definitely overlapped with Jamie/David becoming romantically involved.
  35. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

Now I'm dying to know who David is with...

Josee and Jean-Michel were married in 1997. Their twins were born in 2005 and best as I can tell, they were legally separated in 2007. Ten years of marriage and two little kids... Still hard to believe.
  36. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

All this talk of skating divorces makes me appreciate the wonderful long-term marriage of Oleg and Ludmilla Protopopov. I'm trying to think of other long term skating marriages but I can't think of any others at the moment.

:( to hear of S/P's divorce.
  37. SwingDancer

SwingDancer New Member

Who is you know who? Somebody drop me a pm if they do not want to post it.
  38. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

If my remember correctly, someone said David and Tessa were dating. Don't know if it's true, though.
  39. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

You are so full of win. :)
  40. SwingDancer

SwingDancer New Member

Last time I checked, Fedor and Tessa were dating, and how old is David because Tessa is only like 20.