Olympic Champion (Virtue/Moir) Ice Dance Exhibition @ Galleria Dallas

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by ryanbfan, May 14, 2011.

1. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

http://www.galleriaiceskatingcenter.com/olympic-champions

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir
    Friday May 27 @ 5:45 PM
    Saturday May 28 @ 12:30 PM
    Free and open to the public

I can't make the Friday show (I get out of class at 5 and due to traffic I probably wouldn't be there at 5:45), but I'll try for the Saturday show. These Galleria Dallas shows honestly are starting to be a huge headache for me though so this is a maybe for me still!

They were expecting Virtue/Moir to do a weekend during their Christmas shows, but it didn't work out, so I guess this is them making up for it :)

2. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Look like this too will not have long vacation again. :)

3. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

LynnW, dinakt, geoskate and 3 others like this.
  4. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you for all videos!
    Jason Brown look really greate - hope he will have a bright future ahead of him.
    Who is this little girl? She is so small, but so elegant :)
    Hope you had fun at this show

5. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

6. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

Local skater, her name is Audrey. She used to skate at the galleria. She is very talented!

7. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Thank you! Really interesting young skater :)

8. Clarice

Clarice Active Member

They introduced her as being 8 years old.

9. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

10. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Jason Brown is someone to keep an eye on for the future. He already has a presence on the ice that most of the US Senior men don't have. He just needs to get a 3axel and watch out.

11. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

12. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Last edited: May 30, 2011
    LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  13. hoptoad

hoptoad Well-Known Member

Jason looks great. I love the split jump out of a hydroblade at about 1:30 (not sure if that's the right term). Wow! :cool:

I don't know whether it's especially difficult for a senior level skater, but I'm impressed! I hope he puts it in his competitive program. :kickass:

14. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

not especially difficult unless the split jump is replaced with a triple flip like Savoie (sp?) used to do, very impressive nonetheless!

15. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

You're welcome guys! There are a lot more videos on my channel.

16. hoptoad

hoptoad Well-Known Member

That's right. I loved that move from Matt. :)

17. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

There is something weird, for me, about seeing elite figure skaters skating in a shopping centre. Sort of like watching animals in a zoo. <---just a comment about the situation, not the skaters involved.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  18. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

When I was watching this show, I thought "I wonder if this is cheesy to them?" The crowds were certainly thrilled and impressed, which is what a skating exhibition is all about. Adding in the ISI and PSA coaches increases the pressure to perform. (Especially on $100 Thursday and $50 Friday, lol.) I think all the skaters in both shows did a wonderful job.

The little girl who joined them was one of the demonstrators during the conference, so she had plenty of people rooting for her to perform well. I wish we had seen the older girl who demonstrated as well - she was one long-legged Texan who skated beautifully during the ISI and PSA on-ice sessions. It would have been fun to see her perform. The older girl was a real trouper, learning multiple ISI dance step sequences in one day, some just that morning!

One thing that didn't come across in the videos is how much Jason Brown enjoyed interacting with the audience. He walks into the rink looking like he's going to have some fun and it's absolutely charming. He makes eye contact and smiles at people, he's a genuinely nice person and happy to be there. That's infectious!

19. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

While it's not strange to see younger skaters like Jason and Cain/Reagan skating at a shopping mall it is weird that Virtue and Moir were also there with them. What a strange pairing. Imagine Olympic champions skating in a mall. :lol:

20. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

We've had quite a few big names in those galleria shows. Viktor Pretrenko did a show in 2007 I think and Dorothy Hamill did one not too long ago herself.

21. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Maybe at rink, like this, you could see better facial expression, some dance moves, but not good skating overall (i mean speed and power).
    Maybe OGM skate there, because they had good money for 1 dance in this show, no?