Olympic Champion SURVIVOR: Final Round MENS

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by skateboy, Aug 16, 2012.

?

Who is the weakest link?

Poll closed Aug 20, 2012.
  1. John Curry

96 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. Alexei Yagudin

90 vote(s)
    48.4%
  1. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

I know all of this. I was not trying to argue that Curry was not artistic. It's just that some people seem to equate pointed toes, lines, positions, etc. to artistry.

2. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

I don't think Chan bends over much, but I'm not sure since whenever I watch him I usually just watch his edges. And takahashis arm movements are very musical, I agree. I think I'm being very hypocritical though since Michal my bby does a lot of random face touching and arm reaching in his slow section and I love it. But maybe that's because I find him so sexual.

Eta: I don't equate pointed toes, lines, etc. to artistry, if you were talking about me.^ Lambiel IMO doesn't have great lines at times but he is artistic

3. lauravvv

Then who, pray tell, are those "artistic" skaters with random arm movements and lots of bending over :confused:?

I was not referring to you in particular, although for a moment there it seemed that you are one of those people.

4. flipforsynchro

I seem to remember Lambiel and Abbott doing them. They are wonderful but in my opinion the OTT emoting is meh

5. lauravvv

Maybe they did/do some "bending over" in some programs, although I personally call it "choreographic moves". But I don't remember any random arm movements. In their case (especially Lambiel's) all arm movements are absolutely and carefully choreographed. If you are calling what they do "OTT emoting", then obviously for you any kind of emoting is "OTT". Because I've seen OTT emoting, and their kind of emoting is far from it.

6. flipforsynchro

And this is why figure skating is subjective ;) and it also kinda explained why I love Curry. He seemed like a more simple skater, although that might be because he didn't compete COP

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012