Olympic Champion SURVIVOR: DANCE Round 5

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by skateboy, Aug 8, 2012.

?

Who is the weakest link?

Poll closed Aug 12, 2012.
  1. Torvill/Dean

14 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Grishuk/Platov

61 vote(s)
    57.5%
  3. Klimova/Ponomarenko

31 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Here we go, Round 5 -- Dance!

In Round 4, we said goodbye to:

4th place: PAKHOMOVA/GORSHKOV

We eliminate one team per round.

2. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

K/P, I guess, although I had a hard time choosing between them and G/P. Both are just so good, but neither can hold a candle to T/D. I didn't vote out G/P because they're TWO time Olympic gold medalists as opposed to K/P's one.

3. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Since this is just about the Olympics I think K/P should win this poll. They have 3 Olympic medals, one of each color, the only team in history to do so. They should also clearly be 2 time OGMs with virtually everyone conceding they clearly should have beaten the overrated B&B in Calgary, while T/D only arguably should be (there is debate to whether they should have won in 94 or not, no clear consensus) while G/P only arguably deserve to be (again same thing regarding 94). Their 92 OGM performances were also stunning, even if underappreciated in the scores due to the politics, momentum, and homecourt edge behind the Duchensays, even with their mediocre performances turned in at Albertville.

4. SkateBlades17

SkateBlades17 New Member

I don't think Grishuk and Platov should go this round! They are one of the only couples where I can watch the programs over and over and never get bored. G/P's speed and passion is unmatched in my book. I had to vote K/P, but it was tough. I do understand what you mean about that they have 3 Olympic medals, but Grishuk and Platov have 2 Gold and I think they should have got silver or bronze on 92 as well.

5. gk_891

gk_891 Active Member

Not sure who to vote for here. Three of the greatest ice dance teams in the history of the sport. Tough one. And yes, Klimova & Ponomarenko definitely should've won the gold in 1988.

6. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

A true contest of "Olympic champions!"