Olympic Champion SURVIVOR: Dance Round 1 (w/poll)

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by skateboy, Jul 20, 2012.

Who is the weakest link?

Poll closed Jul 24, 2012.
  1. Pakhomova/Gorshkov

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. Linichuk/Karponossov

44 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Torvill/Dean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bestemianova/Bukin

15 vote(s)
    7.3%
  5. Klimova/Ponomarenko

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. Grishuk/Platov

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. Anissina/Peizerat

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. Navka/Kastomarov

63 vote(s)
    30.6%
  9. Virtue/Moir

65 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Okay, now for the Olympic Champion SURVIVOR!

The rules are: vote for the weakest link. For the first TWO rounds, we'll eliminate the bottom two. After that, one at a time. Other than that, there are no rules.

2. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

V&M with more votes than Linichuk.... ooooook. :rofl: :rofl:

I hope Pahkmova & Gorshkov stay another round. Their only FD I've seen is Masquerade Waltz, but it's so brilliant.

3. satchelpooch318

satchelpooch318 New Member

Someone actually voted for Klimova and Ponomarenko??? Really? I guess...

4. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

How are Virtue and Moir getting so many votes?

5. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

6. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

They are D&W fans? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Linichuk & Karpanasov are by far the weakest. The only reason they probably wont be voted out yet is nobody even remembers them.

8. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

Torvill & Dean should win this. The only ones that even come close and I wouldn't mind winning are Klimova & Ponomarenko. I like Grishuk & Platov but those two teams are just too special.

And I'm hoping the French team go early as I don't admire them. Oh and poor Virtue & Moir. They don't stand a chance no matter how good they actually are.

9. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

^^^This.

Well, no, not in my case at least. Virtue & Moir get my vote because they bore me to tears. :yawn: At least Linichuk and Karpanosov made me LMAO.

10. crankyintheAM

crankyintheAM Member

That's exactly how I feel about V/M :shuffle:

11. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Navka/Kostomarov. No long rationale, since I'm tired of explaining how boring I find them.

Virtue/Moir second-last at this stage?! SERIOUSLY? Did Scott Moir's WTT comments offend people THAT much?

12. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Nope, didn't bother to even vote. T&D should win this hands down, the rest don't even come close, imo. Well, perhaps K/P but even they are a distant second.

13. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I had to go watch the Linichuk/Karponosov FD from 1980 out of curiosity. All I can say is zzzz, and the posters who said Regoeczy and Sallay should have won were right!

14. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

Watch Moiseeva & Minenkov's FD though, from the same event - that should have beaten them both, at least in that portion. Also, I would recommend watching any CDs or OSPs before you make the judgment on 1980 Olympics, because I felt that L&K's were way better than their competition's.

15. Candace

Candace New Member

I don't think it matters what Moir says or doesn't say, I think some people just don't like their skating style and find it boring. He doesn't make himself especially likeable by saying stupid "spoiled child" statements, but that's something else, to be discussed on another thread, maybe.

16. Candace

Candace New Member

Oh, yeah, and I love K/P and want them to win!

17. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

L&K had excellent CD's, but I don't think I've ever seen the OSP's from the 1980 Olympics. Going to look on youtube:.....

I was only able to find L&K's OSP Foxtrot. They are still the stiffest dancers I've ever seen, although the dance has some very interesting moments.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vN6XQ0CbtU

The commentary appears to be Canadian-I wonder whether other team's OSP's were broadcast? Does anyone remember.