Oksana Baiul's Future Plans!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Spartacus, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Olympian Oksana Baiul called Cliffside Park home for 14 years

:rollin:Yas!

2. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Good for her! Thanks for the article :)

3. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

You're welcome. Should be good! Hope she invites Adam on tour.:D

4. Primorskaya

Primorskaya Trummerlotte

This is cool, I'm glad to see the person who made me a FS addict when I was little is doing well! Bring on the tour!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Oh me too! I love her so much! :oksana1:

6. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the update, Spartacus! I love Oksana and always appreciate hearing about what she's up to now.

7. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

You're welcome! I'm so excited she's doing this tour!

8. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

9. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

It is always nice to read about Oksana. I think she is one of the most artistic skaters out there. Glad she seems to have found a really settled place in her life.

10. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

She is one of the skaters who always makes me smile.
    I truly wish her all the best :D

11. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting the info, Spartacus. It's good to see that Oksana is still involved in the skating worlds. I hope she will get the opportunity to tour. :)
    And I hope she will have the opportunity to visit her grandmother in the Ukraine for many years to come - it's hard if you have relatives abroad. In particular if it's the grandparents and they have reached a certain age - you just never know how much time is left that you can spend together with them.

12. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

You're welcome.

Very excited for what's to come. :)

Follow Oksana on Twitter for updates.:)
    https://twitter.com/#!/OksanaBaiul

:oksana1:
    I ADORE your signature! ;)

13. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that article!

I love Oksana! :oksana1: I wish her much success in all of her future endeavors and much love, good health and happiness. :cool:

14. SkateBlades17

SkateBlades17 New Member

Thanks for posting!! That's cool that Oksana saw this thread!!

15. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

It is. :D

http://www.farinaco.com/index.php?o...lo-j-farina-entertainment&catid=1:latest-news

:rollin:

16. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Spartacus, thank you again for the updates. And how wonderful that she saw this thread and has some idea of how much people appreciate her skating. Everyone in my family was captivated by her performances in Lillehammer.
    I wonder if she knows that she was an inspiration to Joannie Rochette (and countless others, I am sure). I hope we get to see her skate again soon! I keep checking youtube for recent performances. wishing her the very best:)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  17. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

Yes, so many! From Joannie to Adam to Johnny to Michelle! I think she knows! Johnny has definitely not made a secret of his love for her.:D

And you're welcome.:)

18. sadya

sadya Active Member

She was the reason I began watching skating too. :) I loved her Swan exhibition especially. I cried with her after her LP. I was amazed she was 16 too and had accomplished so much already and I felt bad when I read about her family. She and G&G were the first skaters I became a fan of. The '94 Olympics was the time I really became addicted to figure skating. After Baiul left competitions I rooted for Chen. I was very sad though that I wouldn't be watching new programs from Baiul. I jumped from joy when Eurosport showed Skates of Gold III and I finally saw a new program of Baiul. Eurosport was airing more and more skating competitions. It was an exciting time for me to get to know the sport. Such nice memories.

I had ordered both Baiul's books. I read them countless times and watched the pictures over and over. There was hardly (payable and easy-to-use meaning not disrupting phones lines) internet available for everyone in Holland, let alone sharing skating online, there were no real pro championships on Eurosport, sometimes Super Channel showed some, but other than that, I had no chance of seeing Baiul's new programs after the Olympics. So I would watch the photos in her books of the new programs, read about the music and just try to imagine what those programs might look like. Then I found someone called raggedy roo or something on internet who sold skating tapes. I bought a compilation tape of Baiul. It was 1999-2000 I think. Finally I could watch her new programs, still not all, but many anyway.

It was such a different time, even if it wasn't that long ago. Nowadays you can find almost anything on YouTube and FSvids website. Even skating news. Even in 2000 I had to wait for Patinage Magazine from France and IFS Magazine from the US to find out what was going on in the skating world. We finally had internet access at home in 1999-2000, but most pages were superslow, sometimes you could only view them after 30-45 minutes. Especially when there were pictures on a page, it would take for ever to load.

How much and how fast things have changed, fortunately, in this case for the better. Thinking of Baiul reminds me not just how she and G&G made me figure skating fans for the first time, but also what it was like to be a figure skating fan in Holland pre-internet and how internet developped from a slow, expensive and difficult product which you couldn't use at the same time as a telephone to what we have today.

19. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

The good old day's when Eurosport showed Pro competitions...................
    I remember watching Skates Of Gold on Eurosport. Baiul is one of the few skaters who can fall or do nothing amazing on the ice yet still has me glued to my tv screen.
    It's a pity the IOC & ISU did not use the new team event to allow Pro skaters to compete again. Maybe a two jump max program.
    I would love to see Baiul & Petrenko skate for team Ukraine :D

20. sadya

sadya Active Member

I remember Lalique Trophique being used as a competition where the audience decided the winner instead of judges. There were pro skaters as well amateurs if I remember correctly. Yet, we didn't get to watch more pro competitions on Eurosport unfortunaly. Still happy with what they did show. :)

21. AusTechSpec

AusTechSpec Member

You know what's colder than dry ice? :p :D

22. SkateBlades17

SkateBlades17 New Member

Has anyone seen Oksana skate lately? If so, how is her skating these days? I don't think I've seen her skate since the last Ice Wars, in 2007, I think it was. When she was on the Rosie show in January, she said she still skated was going to be touring all over the world.