Ode to the beautiful game... (Soccer)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Buzz, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

There is quite a back room shake up going on at Man U right noe with Phelan, Steele and could possibly be replacing them Everton alumni. Man U will be touring Asia and Australia in July and in the meantime Chelsea and Man City are in the US where they recently played to a 3-4 result in favour of City.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Something big is happening tomorrow it but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. LOL It'll come to me eventually... :p

3. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

Maybe it's something concerning Munich? Or is it Dortmund? I'm confused :p

4. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

LOL@DaiKozOda :lol:

I know! I know! I know! I got it now! It's Octoberfest right?! No wait... That's in October.... Guess I have to keep doing my research then. Hehehehe :hat1:

5. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

0-0 at half time

6. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Mandzukic for Bayern makes it 1-0

7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Ooooops... 1-1 :lol:

8. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

2-1 Bayern And here I was thinking that Ribery's best days were behind him. Shows how much I now. :lol:

9. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

Chapeau, congratulations to wonderful, brave Borussia Dortmund!!! :cheer2: They are the Champion League winners of the hearts, they've made it thrilling until the very end, too bad a sensation wasn't meant to be this time ... :drama: :(

Although I'm German, I just don't care for that other team. Instead of Bavaria, the cup could've also gone to Azerbaijan, I don't give a f***in damn ... :blah:

Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  10. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Buzz, they are, his overall game was far from spectacular.

Zokko, you're so not alone! ... ;)

11. Proustable

Proustable New Member

It was indeed a thrilling match. Lotsa drama, lotsa whatifs, but the stronger team won in the end. Amazing show though.

12. wustfan

wustfan Member

I didn't really care for Champion's League last night, though I'm okay with Bayern winning. But what was that Opening Ceremony? :confused::rolleyes:

13. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Football's strange Americanisms: a light-hearted look at American and British sporting terms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22633980

14. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

15. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

16. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

Miami billionaire Marcelo Claure will have Mr David Beckham at Miami's AAA Thursday night to watch the Miami Heat play the Indiana Pacers in a game of hoops. Rumor has it that Mr Beckham is also in South Florida to personally see if it is possible to bring an MLS franchise to South Florida, probably Miami-Dade County, sometime in the future. It is being emphasized that this is exploratory only. There are not supposed to be any done deals.

This is interesting. We'll see what come of it. And what comes of the Ft Lauderdale Strikers when/if it does happen.

NJL

17. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Beckham has a lot of clout, money, and now time so if the powers that be wants this to happen it will. In less happy news, part of the roof of Brazil's brand new Arena Fonte Nova stadium has collapsed. Let's this does not happen during the World Cup next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-22685180

18. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Buckle your safety belts because Rep. of Ireland plays England tonight at 8pm in a friendly. Their last meeting did not end in a, shall I say, very friendly way. Hope all goes well tonight and it should be a good matchup.

19. NeilJLeonard

Becks went to the AAA for a see-and-be-seen Thursday. The Heat treated him to a win. He toured various places in SoFl that are being considers as possible stadium sites, including the new Stadium in Boca Raton's Florida Atlantic University many miles from Miami, on Friday. Should be touring SunLife Stadium, home of the Dolphins, and the stadium at Florida International University in Miami-Dade County - Marcelo Claure's personal choice - today. As far as is known he will not look at Ft Lauderdale's Lockhart Stadium before or after tonight's Striker's game.

NJL (That annoys more than a few people, mostly Broward fans of the Strikers, but, that's life.....:cool:...)

20. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Yossi Benayoun might be moving to the NY Red Bulls soon.

21. NeilJLeonard

To celebrate the Centenial of the USSF:

USAMNT 4 v 3 Germany MNT in DC
    USAWNT 3 v 0 Canada WNT in Toronto

NJL

22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

US footie had a pretty good day yesterday eh?! Congrats to your boys & girls. I never cared much for the women's game anyway... :p :blocjudge

23. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

There is some trash talking going on between Australia and Japan ahead of WC qualifier tomorrow. :watch:
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...er-against-japan/story-fn63e0vj-1226656489772

On Venezuela's hopes and aspirations for the 2014 WC.
    http://asia.eurosport.com/football/...elite-says-vizcarrondo_sto3786685/story.shtml

On the up coming clash tomorrow between Iran and Qatar. I have to say that I greatly favour Iran because of their home grown team which is in contrast to Qatar's mostly store bought team.
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/iran-q...-qualifier-with-political-overtones-1.1308357

England is showing a bit of nerves ahead of it's remaining WC qualifying matches.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/englands-joe-hart-three-lions-1927129

And they aren't the only ones either. South Korea is in a situation where they must win in order to keep their #1 position and avoid facing off against Iran for the #2 position in their group.
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...r-lee-dong-gook-looking-early-goal-vs-lebanon

On a side note; in UEFA group F Israel is 2nd with Russia 1st. Of course that could change depending on what happen's this weekend between Russia and Portugal but I'm routing for Israel to grab that 2nd spot. Hopefully they can make it to the WC but since Russia has a game on hand they do have an advantage against to other teams. Israel next plays Azerbaijan in September.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  24. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

It was a great day for USSOCCER. Beating Germany anytime, anyplace, any team is always a good thing. More importantly, Jozy Altidore finally scored for the USA, been two years since he had done that.

Too bad you don't enjoy the women Buzz. The USA has an outstanding squad, and with more young players in the pipeline. The Canadian women are on the rise. The Swedes, French, Germans and Japanese women are all really good and will give any side a huge fight.

And I'll say this, the Canada/USA women's 2012 Olympic semifinal was one of finest games ever played by men or women.

25. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

26. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

27. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

My apologies to Mexico fans but I'll routing for Jamaica today, and in CAF I'll be cheering for Nigeria in their game against Kenya today. :cheer2:

28. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Iran 1 - 0 Qatar. Rez Nournia of Iran scored in the 2nd half.

29. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

South Korea and Lebanon have tied 1-1 which leaves South Korea on top of AFC group A.

30. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Jamaica is now firmly rooted in last place with a 1-0 loss to Mexico who is now in the lead with 6 points. The US is in a 3 way tie for 3rd and next play Jamaica.