Odd request - 2000 issue of SKATING magazine

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by personwhoishere, Dec 8, 2012.

1. personwhoishere

personwhoishere Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

As a USFS member for 13 years, since I started skating I have collected the SKATING magazine, the official publication of US Figure Skating. What I've done since I was 10 was to cut out the photos of the World Team from each year, and attach them to a long piece of paper on the wall above my bed. As I recently moved out of my parents house, apparently, without their knowledge, the people they hired to clean the house threw out many of these said photos. I know it sounds like nothing, but I got so many memories and so much motivation from looking at these photos above my bed and meant to bring them with me to my new apartment. Anyways, I checked US Figure Skating's website, and they only have back order issues going back to 2001. So, my request is this:

If anyone could either locate the magazine with the 2000 World team on the front inside cover -I want to say it was the 2000 march issue- and either
    A: mail it to me -obviously I would pay for shipping and a small fee if requested for the magazine itself
    or
    B: scan a high-res version of the world team photo from that year so that I can have it printed? -google images gave me no luck whatsoever-

I would really love to be able to get these memories back. I know it seems like such a silly little thing, but it represents a huge part of my childhood and my skating career for me. I know it's a long shot but I figured if anyone would be able to help me, it would be someone here. Thanks to anyone who even reads through this!

2. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa