October 15 Dancing with the Stars

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jkl, Oct 16, 2012.

1. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

So who will go and who will stay......even if I don't vote for them??:eek:

2. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I hope to heaven that Maks and Kirstie go down the humorous path while doing their dance because making people laugh and have fun will be the only thing that can save them from this terribly unsuited dance, lol. I HAVE to root for my girl Shawn, but I am really looking forward to seeing how everyone does with the dances!

ETA: BTW, did it seem like Sabrina misunderstood what the whole dance choice thing was last week? She looked horrified when she realized that it was Kirstie who got saddled with the Charleston. Maybe she thought she was picking it for herself?

3. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Please let it be Bristol! After that it's going to be really difficult; I love them all! What a season! How do they top this? Seriously, how do they go back to the old formula? Maybe one more go at All-Stars then quit? I am really enjoying this round and am actually glad I don't vote.

4. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Kirstie gets four 7.5 scores from the judges. I hate it when the judges give identical scores.:(

5. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

It was a really clever routine but still more mugging than dancing. It's impossible not to like Kirstie, though.

6. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

Thanks for this reminder. I just changed the channel to watch. I'm rooting for Shawn, too. I hope she does well tonight.

7. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Mark: She did well BECAUSE YOU KEPT IT SIMPLE. Bristol didn't panic or turn into a deer in the headlights, because he didn't give her anything to panic about it. I hope that registers with him. (And ye gods, a BUNNY COSTUME? Good call leaving that out. Someone, please cut off Mark's access to the Halloween rental company...every season he seems compelled to do something bizarre.)

Kirstie: I loved it despite the very limited difficulty/speed, but was she looking a big haggard? Maybe I just saw too many horrible tabloid headlines at the supermarket today.

Please, PLEASE, tell me the "I skinned Cookie Monster and am wearing his pelt" outfit on Sabrina is just one of those 'rip off reveal' things...

8. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

And Bristol gets 32/40 with all judges giving her an 8. Why don't they show some originality in judging? And ouch to Mark's comment about "dumbing down" the choreography.

9. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

wow cookie monster is orange, and who knew he had a pimp

10. danceronice

I have the feeling the judges are trying to leave it up to the viewers, so they don't vary the overall scores.

Okay, I admit to not remembering disco, but how is this really any different/edgier than a "Stayin' Alive" take?

Say what, Bruno?

11. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Can Louis choreograph the Disco's for SYTYCD?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. my little pony

pauler votes?

13. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

I have a question. Did they ask Kristi Yamaguchi, Donnie Osmond or Marie Osmond to come back and compete? I would have rather seen them than Bristol. Sorry, I feel Bristol is doing pretty good, but still??

14. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

In a just world Sabrina would score higher than Bristol by a lot. But it's not a just world.

15. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Sabrina got 35.5/40 for a routine I really enjoyed. Took me back to my college days....:lol:

16. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Tom mentioned that there would not be a results show next week....that the dancers would get a break. Does anyone know what that one is about?

17. my little pony

is it because of the debate tomorrow?

18. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I thought he said no recap show? So people would know to tune in an hour later. Might have heard it wrong though.

19. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Sabrina morphed from cookie monster into big bird diuring that.

Best moment was watching kelly's expression while sabrina was talking.

20. danceronice

Debate's on--no recap, just results at 8 instead of 9.

I find it VERY hard to believe that Cheryl (who owns a studio and teaches) has NEVER run into bolero. (Though hey, I'd take ANY excuse for a Bolero lesson from World Rhythm Champion Tony Dovolani, myself...)

21. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Tomorrow's results will be from 8 to 9 because of the debate. Next week there will be two nights of competing with no results show.

22. danceronice

Annnnd...this is too fast so she's basically doing International Rumba with one or two breaks that came from bolero (done too fast.)

23. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Emmitt in the lead so far with a score of 36/40. Again the judges gave all 9's.

24. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the technical but that was awesome. Now, Paula is channeling her inner Bruno :lol:

25. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Giles and Peta should have spent the week with Meryl and Charlie. :D That bollywood was missing a lot of authenticity, I think.

26. Charlini

Charlini Active Member

What does Aladdin have to do with Bollywood?

27. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

wow Gilles I LOVED that :D so great they got a 9.5 and two 10's.. yeah :eek: don't care how authentic it was hot ;)

pixie cut and (deleted member) like this.
  28. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

39.5 for Gilles and Peta....Len gave them 9.5. Is there any dance that Gilles can't do and is there any outfit that Peta can't wear?

29. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Melissa and Tony's jitterbug scored a 37. It is so nice to see Tony so happy this season. After struggling through so many "stars" who can't dance at all (think Kate Gosselin) he deserves this success.

30. danceronice

mmm...Gilles.

I really am hoping for Tony this season, though.

However, I think Shawn and Derek are going to run away with this episode....