Obtaining a Medical Clearance Signature

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by haribobo, Jan 19, 2012.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

So my friend is supposed to start a new job tomorrow and his doctor (who is unfortunately the only one at that practice and the only doctor he's seen in years) has neglected to sign his medical clearance that was supposed to be sent over to his job- apparently this is something that only the doctor can sign and of course doctor is out sick today. Would he theoretically be able have his records faxed to another doctor's office for that doctor to sign without ever having seen him as a patient? Seems a little iffy to me, but I'm trying to think of ideas to help the poor fellow out seeing as he already had to push his job start date back since doc flaked out on getting it in by the orig start date yesterday also. Yikes!
  2. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Not that I'm aware of. The only option would be to contact the hiring company's HR department and see if they can refer him somewhere.
  3. soxxy

soxxy Guest

My doctor's secretary/nurse/assistant has signed forms for him for me, but I guess you've looked into this.
  4. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I would just call any doctor and ask if I could have a checkup for a clearance signature. I'm sure it's a request they've had before.

When I was in college, I didn't have a regular doctor. I always used the student clinic manned by nurse practitioners. I needed a clearance to work on my thesis (since I'd be working with animals), so I just called a doctor nearby to make an appointment.

That would take longer than one day though. Hmm.
  5. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I'd show up to the job and take it from there.
  6. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I agree.