Nook Tablet Versus Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Wiery, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

My husband wants an e-reader, our 8 year-old wants to play angry birds on it, so I suggested either Nook Tablet or Kindle Fire.

I've got the first generation Nook and a 3rd generation Kindle, and I generally prefer the Kindle as it seems to be easier to navigate-However, the Nook Tablet and Kindle Fire are quite different, and I'd like to hear from peoplle who own one of them.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

2. jlai

jlai Title-less

Wiery and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Thanks, I had looked through that thread but missed the link to a good Kindle Fire versus Nook Tablet review. Very helpful. :)

4. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

5. Christina

Christina Well-Known Member

Supposedly both the Fire and the Nook will be sold at regular stores - Target and Best Buy for example, but I can't remember which.

From the reviews I've seen, I think I would like the Nook. It has an SD card slot to expand the memory, and it has more RAM memory, which will come into play when streaming movies.

6. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

that Kobo Vox is looking good! I like how I can use the Kindle app and load my kindle books into it. I currently use my droid phone's kindle app but would love a bigger screen.