No surprise if Lysacek skips nationals

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sugar, Nov 21, 2012.

1. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Odd choice of word---injustice. (The term generally refers to misuse, abuse, neglect, or malfeasance that is uncorrected or else sanctioned by a legal system). Although, on second thought........if you take out "legal system" and put in ISU.....maybe it is a perfect word.

As they "cashed in" after Nancy/Tanya things got crazy. The entire Grand Prix (IMO) is incomprehensible if you are not a figure skating fan. Just looks like the same programs over and over (which they are). And the Pro-Ams, an attempt to get around the "amateur" status and pay skaters so they would stay amateur (as Brian B predicted) were the death knell of Professional Skating. The kids with the tricks v. the pros with the finesse ended up a mess. Skaters like Tara....really improved as a pro........and it is a shame to have lost that. But, lost it is.

I agree with whomever who said that Evan and Johnny should just..........well............relax. They have made their mark. And it is a high one. Coming back.............very hard on both body and soul.

2. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

3. Oreo

Oreo Active Member

Thank you for posting those links. Evan looks much more graceful than he did in his pre-Olympics days (an effect of DWTS?). It's a pity he's down from the surgery because I'd love to see how he'd do new competition programs.

4. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

I see the influence of his DWTS experience too and I expected it to be evident. A new view point. I surely hope he is able to compete at nationals and worlds. If he doesn't get to compete at Nationals, can he still be named to the world team?

6. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

He could petition but it would never happen. He has no results for the last 3 years.

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Re-posting this comment from the Weir withdrawal thread that was moved to the 2013 U.S. Nationals sub-forum in Kiss and Cry (the sentence I bolded below is consistent with reports I've heard since the summer):