No 'offseason' for Ashley Wagner

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 5, 2010.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

2. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry, wrong post.

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

She sounds very motivated. I hope she can find good music for this season.

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Me too!

5. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I have been loving her long program music choices for the past 2 seasons - powerful and sophisticated. She has been looking less and less hectic even though her programs have become more and more complex, which is good and a marked improvement from her Jalousy program from 2008. Hopefully she can continue along this line.

Somewhere in Time was lovely as a program but I think she wasn't mature enough to pull that off yet in 2009. It might actually work if she revisited it in 2012.

If she could IMPROVE on the flutz and maintain her consistency I think she will do very well this coming season, both on the GP and also come Nationals and Worlds. I fully expect her to make the World team.

Good girl. I had said all season long that these are the perfect combinations for her. But now that the rules might change (the half loop thing) perhaps she can also consider 2axel half loop 3sal.

Perhaps:

2axel3toe
    3lutz
    3loop half loop 3sal
    3loop
    3flip2toe
    3flip
    2axel

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  6. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

I really like her determination, and she's lovely to watch. I can't wait to see her next season. I have a feeling that this is the season she'll either prove that she's a top contender or begin to fade and start placing in the 5th-10th range. Hopefully, it will be the former. I'd like to see her at Worlds at least one more time.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  7. Chris_E

Chris_E Active Member

That was a really nice read. She sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders and is really out to prove that she can compete with the best in the world next season. I wish her the best of luck and hopefully whichever 2 ladies go to worlds next year can regain our 3 spots.

8. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, Sylvia!

:D

I can't wait to see Ashley next season! She looks very determined!

:cheer2:

9. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Wonderful article. Good for her for taking on that Lutz re-working. I really admire her skating, her joy and her work ethic. And, such an articulate young woman.

10. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

:rollin: I'm super happy Ashley is taking the time to rework her lutz and trying new jump combos. She's had some of the best choreography and transitions the last two seasons, so I'll dare to have high hopes for 10/11.

AxelAnnie and (deleted member) like this.
  11. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

She really seems to have a full plate right now! I hope the best of luck for her next season. :) And please, don't do a show type of short program please Ashley...

12. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Why not? I feel Ashley has the speed and energy to pull it off!

13. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

^ She does have the energy, but I'm so sick and tired of those diva type programs... Already lol.

14. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

What programs has Irina Romanova choreographed?

15. clara00

clara00 New Member

I expect to see her next season :swoon:

16. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

What half-loop thing?