No More Kardashians?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by taf2002, Nov 18, 2011.

1. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

2. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

Not watching the show would work as well as any petition.

3. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Hmmm, talk about Christmas in July...

4. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Or boycotting the show and the KK's sponsers. Do people really buy Kardashians' merchandises at Sears? Blech.

5. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I guess some people object to making a talentless famewhore a zillionaire. I don't really care. It has happened before (Paris Hilton) & it will happen again.

6. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

FTFY.

If people would STOP WATCHING, they would not be on TV. Yeah, you can't avoid things like Random Kardashian on DWTS, ANTM, PR, etc. but no one has to watch their shows.

7. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Me not watching (and I don't) doesn't really do much - it's those Nielsen families that have to be convinced.

8. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Somebody's interested in this, because aside from tv ratings, there are the magazines. They know which covers sell, and they know which stories are getting the most hits online.

I can see making a misstep once or twice, but they wouldn't keep putting the Kardashians on their covers if they weren't quite sure they'd sell. Ditto Teen Moms - their appeal is a complete mystery to me, and yet they are widely covered, often on the covers.

9. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I don't think people are going to be 'keeping up' much longer. Many people were annoyed by them to begin with, but now that there was a 4 hour special on the wedding and then Kim just divorced a few weeks right after the special aired... people are probably going to start thinking what's the point of 'keeping up' with them through this drama of a journey, it's just even more of a waste of time than before.

With this stunt the kardashians proved to the non-believers that they really will do whatever for fame. Not only that but the mother handled her interviews so badly, saying Humphries would be an indian giver if he asked for the ring back, kim is keeping the gifts, they just made themselves look even worse...

10. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I'm 100% behind the idea of this petition, but I wish it had been written by someone with better writing skills. The credibility of the whole thing (assuming you believe it has any to begin with) isn't helped by the poor delivery of the message.

11. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Some one should have told Kim, "First you see the ring, and then your career dies"

12. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

The Kardashians are like everything else....it will run it's course. I used to watch. In fact, the first couple of seasons they were pretty entertaining. But now that all of them have become fame whores, they've become repulsive and hard to watch. I was done when I saw a preview of their 14 year daughter wanting birth control. Who does that to a kid? Mom and co are getting her started pretty early, aren't they?

13. venja

venja New Member

:)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

There's a Boycott the Kardashians group on Facebook - the number of members has mushroomed over the past couple of weeks and now has over 55,000 members.

In addition to the KarTrashian clan, I also want to slap Ryan Seacrest silly for foisting this obnoxious, opportunistic, money-grubbing passel of famewhores onto America. I used to tune into E! for various shows, but nowadays, any time I check my cable guide, it seems like that channel is always airing some incarnation of the KarTrashian family, and now I refuse to watch anything on it until they're gone. It's been months since I've watched anything on E!, yet it seems like I'm constantly being bombarded by sound bytes, news bytes, photos, blurbs, etc., on every other channel, plus there's the over-exposure of these people in magazines at the store -- I swear, it seems like there's no escaping them :scream: .

Stop the insanity!!!

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  15. overedge

I went through a major department store [coughSearscough] today, and in the cosmetic dept. there was a GIANT poster of Kim K. glaring, I mean staring seductively, next to a display of her perfume. It was scary!!

16. Octoberopals

Octoberopals Well-Known Member

One can only hope they will go......AWAY!!!!

17. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

I've never watched the Ks and have never had an interest in what they were doing. After the wedding fiasco (the news was everywhere and couldn't be avoided) I will make it my business to buy nothing that has the Kardashian name on it.

18. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

They were in Australia recently and charging $100K an interview on TV. Plus promoting some handbags or something in department stores. They cut short their stay which upset the people promoting them.

What I couldn't believe was the number of young teenage girls in tears at their instore appearances. What is our world coming to?

19. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I read that her perfume has bombed. Not because of negative press but because it stinks.

20. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

who shops at sears?

21. overedge

I don't know about Sears in other places, but Sears in Canada has *no* idea of who their customer is. Unless they think that the pensioners shopping for polyester jackets are also going to buy stuff like Juicy Couture sweatpants :lol: Stocking the Karda$hian perfume IMHO indicates they think their customers are label-obsessed, which I don't think is the case at all.

22. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I think it depends where you are. If you don't live near a major urban centre, and rely on one main regional shopping mall for most of your shopping, then Sears is a place that teens and twentysomethings will go for perfumes and clothes. In the small town where I grew up, Sears was the top end store, and carried brands and products that we couldn't get at the drugstore or discount retailer, and the clothes were cheaper than the smaller shops in the mall.

23. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

I have lived in big cities and small cities and the Sears are all the same. I have to agree with Overedge that Sears are for the
    Even their children's section leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps the Sears in the Eaton Centre is different, I have not been there in a while.

Now, The Bay is a different story, I find that their stores change depending on the market. Their store in affluent Oakville Ontario has a lot of high end designer clothes, but that is not the same in blue collar Cambridge Ontario.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  24. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I bought a washer/dryer and a fridge, and contracted my new furnace, at Sears...oh, wait. (There IS a mall-type Sears down over the Indiana line near here, but the Sears in town is strictly hardware and appliances only.)

CLOTHES? Yeah, right. Their "designer" stuff is crap and jeans I can get at Tractor Supply for less (they have Wrangler and Levi, what more does one need?)

25. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

There are people that do shop at Sears; otherwise the store would've closed a long time ago. Sorry to say, but it's kind of snobbish to put down people that shop there. If that's all people can afford then so what.

26. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Ryan Seacrest will do anything for $$$$

27. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Snobs? At FSU?? You're kidding. There are no snobs here...:slinkaway

I've shopped at Sears. My father-in-law works for them. Our Circulon cookware they gave us as a wedding present came from there. I have a great pair of nude pumps I bought there several years ago that have lasted and look as good as the more expensive ones on the other side of the mall. People who shop at way more expensive shoe stores have complimented them. I have bought Levi's there at reasonable prices as I was not also paying for the fancy mirrors, pretty carpet and saleslady with too much costume jewelry that peddles Levis at the other end of the mall.

And, though I've been randomly accused of being a retired person (that mostly occurred at a more conservative board where a few posters were convinced that it takes only 10-15 years of teaching to get a full pension in most states, thus since I left teaching after 16 years, I must be retired...), I am not at all. I usually still get carded when I buy alcohol.

28. overedge

I wasn't putting down the people who shop there. I was pointing out whoever selects the merchandise they sell at Sears doesn't seem to have a very clear idea of who those people are.

29. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

The Brady Bunch does.

30. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I shop at Sears for appliances and craftsman tools. I return a lot of clothes there, but never buy them in store (Lands End). They definetly have no idea who their target audience is, that's for sure.

I did notice the other day they have the Kardashian brand, but I really don't know who the Kardashian's are other than some rich girl who had a big wedding and then a really quick divorce. I know she has a reality show, and I was told in another thread I should know she was famous for a sex-tape, but until that thread, I didn't know that either. I thought they were just famous for being famous, and their Dad is a famous lawyer.