Nina Mozer interview: There is no point of leaving good in search of something better

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by quiqie, Mar 26, 2013.

1. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I think Duhamel has a great body, I just think her and Radford are mis-matched height wise and style wise. But they make the best with what they have.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  2. jdonavan

jdonavan Member

Not much...but with all due respect to Mozer, she has awhile to go before she is at Carroll's status as a coach.:shuffle:

He, like his counterparts Mishin and Nicks have earned the right to say it as they see it... IMO.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  3. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

According to many on FSU (not including myself, who strongly disagrees with the description), it would be truck-driver.

4. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Hung on! Either everyone has the right to express their opinion (under freedom of speech etc), or you can play the political correctness card and none should by so open about competitors weaknesses. But you can't have it both ways! To say that one person earned the right to criticise competitor, (who was at the time 14!), whereas someone else doesn't have a right because Mozer didn't earn the right...what a bull***t!

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  5. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Carroll made comments about Tuk's skating skills, jumping technique, speed and mostly technical points. He had some snarky comments, because people were already seeing Lisa as the next OGM.
    I don't think he commented on Tuk's body. That is a totally different level of criticism. Duhamel has a muscular upper body with a low body fat %. She looks like an athlete in top shape with muscular shoulders and arms. For some people, it is distracting. My guess is that she will be covering her arms/shoulders next season because of those nasty comments.

6. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I agree. I see it more acceptable to criticise an adult woman like Duhamel, than a 14 year old child.

Besides, Mozer did not say that Duhamel is fat. She said that Duhamel has muscular body. I think if Duhamel has a mirror at home, she would have known by now that she indeed has a muscular body, so probably nothing new for her.

7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

:rofl: You thought those were nasty comments?????? Seriously??? What a delicate little flower you are. Aliona Savchenko is totally buff. So is Volo. I also seriously doubt Duhamel is being all :drama: about this at all.

8. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

The complaints people are making are not that Mozer said she was muscular (i'm sure most people would take that well), it was the way she phrased it likening her to a man, that people have taken issue with.

9. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

On valentine's day, tell a woman she has a man's body and she'll throw the delicate flowers at you.
    Now, I wish someone from Skate Canada would get back at Moser and comment about her body. :D

10. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Is the sport really that juvenile that it's all about a tit for tat?

Finnice and (deleted member) like this.
  11. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I dont like the skating of Duhamel & Radford at all. I admire their hard work and they seem like nice people, and on some level I am happy for their success especialy as a Canadian, but as far as their skating and the enjoyment level on it, it is extremely low for me. They are another case where I think about what is wrong with COP, as they are the kind of pair who under 6.0 wouldnt be near the top at all. Under COP they mostly earn their scores, but a giant ugh that they can.