Nikolai Morozov leaves for Russia tomorrow

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by MikiAndoFan#1, Jul 15, 2010.

1. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

According to Lynn Rutherford's tweet, Nikolai and his students are moving to Russia tomorrow.

2. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

:kickass:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

So Javier Fernandez is moving to Russia

4. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Do we know which if any of the young Russian Ladies he might be working with? We haven't heard a lot out of Morozov's camp in regrads to programs this coming season for his skaters. I wonder if developing the potential of the Russian Ladies will become more and more important as Sochi nears and Miki might be placed on the back burner.

5. mmot

mmot Active Member

Miki skated THREE new programmes in ice shows in Japan. OK, it is not yet confirmed whether Morozov choreographed them (but chances are) and whether they are all exhibition numbers, or one or two are meant be potential SP. But having 3 programmes ready at this early in the season seems pretty impressive - don't you think?

6. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Not if all three were cut & paste programs :p.

Will Nicolai's sendoff from the U.S. be the Willie Nelson's song "To All The Girls I Loved [in the U.S. ... and Canada] Before" ?

7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Bye

Although I've appreciated having the chance to see some of his students and former students skate in shows or hang around at competitions at Hackensack. I hope the skaters are happy at their new rink.

8. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

Who is he even working with these days? (besides Miki). I think I've lost track.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Not all of his skaters are going to move with him. Will be interesting to see who goes and who doesn't and where do the skaters who don't join him go to.

10. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

AFAIK, he is going to work with Julia Lipnitskaya (12 y.o.) and Polina Shelepen (14 y.o.). There's also Volchkova's group at the same rink (Sofya Biryukova, 16 and some other girls) but I don't know if he will help Volchkova's students or not

11. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Apparently, Galina Zmievskaya, Viktor Petrenko, and Nina Petrenko will move their camp from the Ice Vault in Wayne, NJ over to the Ice House in Hackensack. This would include Johnny (if he were still training...)

http://twitter.com/LynnRutherford

12. mmot

mmot Active Member

As far as I know, Cathy & Chris Reed are staying with him. Javier Fernandez said he'd move to Russia with Morozov. Valentina Marchei is also staying with him. Kazakhstan's No2 Abzal Rakimgaliev joined the team from this season.

13. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

Does anyone know why he decided to move back to Russia?

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Federation must have offered him good conditions and plenty of cash.

15. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Good grief, is he still here?

Nicky, go down River Street past the jailhouse, turn right, get on Route 80 to the Turnpike. The airport is thattaway.

16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

This seems to be the trend in hockey as well. Not to hijack the thread but the San Jose Sharks let go of Evgeni Nabokov who is moving back to Russia where he is supposedly offered more money. Same is true about a few other Russian players in the NHL.

Is Russia throwing a lot of :bribe: at the athletes/coaches to revive its standings in the world?

17. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

That is true, while one of the most if not the most famous hockey player is Russian the number of Russians is plunging in the NHL as they choose to stay in the well financed Russian league-lots aren't even turning profits and its not even about profits to lots just the prestige of having a hockey league.

Morozov did well with MArchei I think-I just watched her Euros performance again and I think she had lots of catchy moves.

18. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

Dear Russia,

Lock up your blondes.

Sincerely,
    A concerned citizen of the world

19. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Alllllllllllll of them, brunettes everyone

20. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Did they finally decide that?

21. GarrAarghHrumph

I can confirm this.

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  22. SUN

SUN New Member

Not exactly.

The way I heard it (and from a very realiable source) the RUS Federation does not have much to do with Morozov's relocation. It was arranged by the Figure Skating Federation of the city of Moscow which has a pretty powerful president.

23. key65man

key65man New Member

Many of you ladies here frowning upon Morozov's history may not be able to resist his charm, whatever it is, if he wants to make a move on you. :D

24. GarrAarghHrumph

The people I know just said "Federation". I wouldn't have known enough to ask if they meant Moscow v. Russia, not knowing that Moscow had one. All I know is what he got.

25. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Sergei Voronov went to him shortly after worlds as well, and has two new programs with him.

26. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Intensive preparations to avoid an embarrassing showing in Sochi -- Vancouver results were the wake-up call.

27. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

After the Vancouver fiasco and with Sochi in sights, I guess more money is going to be channelled now.

The local bodies are very powerful.

The best local skaters get decent accomodation for free from the Moscow municipality, for example.

28. IneZR

IneZR New Member

I hope that lovely Victoria is smart enough to stay as far as possible from Morozov. After all, she is blonde and very pretty - I am seriously worried for the girl!

29. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Did they bring him in to coach or just choreograph or both?

30. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I don't think he'd relocate all the way to Moscow just to choreograph.