Nikita - Season Two

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Sep 24, 2011.

1. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Whoa! Amanda is easily the scariest person on television (even scarier than Victoria on Revenge!). Her "WHAAAATTTTTT?!?!?!?" made me hide underneath my blanket.

I am so relieved about Birkhoff. He and Nikita were so sweet.

2. Indra486

Indra486 Well-Known Member

:respec:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Finally got to see last week's epsiode the other day. And now I see there's no new episode tonight... :wuzrobbed

Thoughts about last week:

Loved Nikita's freak-out when she called Michael and told him that Birkhoff had been taken by Division. I don't think I've ever seen her out of control. What I liked about it was that she finally showed that she cares about Birkhoff. Kind of surprised that Michael didn't jump on the first plane back to America to do whatever he could. And at the very least, support Nikita. Or is his son and his Mom in danger, so Michael needs to stay there to protect them?

Amanda. :eek: Wow! Now I always knew she was a bad guy. But putting a drill up inside of Birkhoff's head? That's totally whacked-out psycho. I've just never seen her character this far off the deep end... :confused:

Note to Nikita: You need a bigger team. Start recruiting!! Birkhoff should never be in the field for you. He's the brains and the money. He shouldn't be playing super-agent, even if he wants to take a turn doing so. (Doubt he'll want to after that hell he went through! Hope his hand heals!!)

Loved Nikita's response when Birkhoff thanks her for getting him out of Division: "You are so worth it." Awww!!! :D

4. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

So, Division is behind Oversight, so who is behind Division?

That fight amongst Owen, Michael and the Guardian ruled. And I loved the reunion between Nikita and Alex. And I love the budding relationship between Ryan and Percy.

And I love how the Guardians dress.

Nikita rules. It is so underrated.

5. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I was so glad to see that. I'm hoping after the episode ended, they had a pajama party, watched movies and ate popcorn together. :rofl: Hope they stay friends now and work together kicking bad-guy butt!! :respec:

Wasn't Percy inferring violence upon Ryan at first? And then Percy is almost charming later in the episode? :huh:

I think I've realized that some of the stories are so complex that I don't know what the heck is going on! I just try to follow the basic story and enjoy the relationships of the good guys. Oh, and lots of eye candy! :grope:

6. Indra486

Percy built Division with funding and the permission of Oversight. Oversight is there as a watchdog to keep Percy in check but once Percy and Oversight had fell out (which we're not told the precise reason yet), Percy started doing unsanctioned mercenary black ops to get funding so he could continue recruiting. Incidentally, when Nikita started her journey to take down Division, her original plan was to attack his source of funding by sabotaging his ops (ep1-4ish). Once she found out about the black boxes, she switched gears.

Guardian attire is very snappy and practical. :grope: at the guardian without a box

Percy bitch-slapping Ryan was amusing but at the same time, Ryan spent the entire episode trying to demoralize Percy without getting any real info.

7. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

At least the black box concept isn't like the Rambaldi device from Alias. That whole plot contrivance killed that show IMO. Nikita needs to stay away from mythology.

8. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! This episode so rocked! I cannot believe I have to wait TWO WEEKS for the next episode. Unfair!

And I want to know who Amanda called on her ultra secret cell phone. Gogal? Semek?

And thank you for a shirtless Sean in his skivvies while tied up. This show is bringin' it like no other!

9. Indra486

I would love for Amanda to phone up Ari Tasarov. :2faced: Both of them don't like their "superiors." Excellent acting from Melinda Clarke.

I guess I am alone in my :swoon: for the guardian with that really cute Canadian accent (well the actor is Canadian) :lol:

10. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I think this was the best episode of the season, so far. The duelling between Percy and Amanda was top-notch, the story with Oversight in control of everything....oh wait!!! :lol: But especially the connection of the characters. When Michael came back and gave Birkhoff a hug...and then how the main four dealt with Sean (hope the main four become the main five...until Birkhoff gets his own love interest!) I want a gang like this (well, without the espionage, etc.) :D

If I'm remembering correctly, the Rambaldi device was quite complicated...either (or both) in the working of the device and/or the storyline around it. I think my mind went fuzzy around that and I just enjoyed the characters instead.

I was waiting for someone to towel him off. I'm available!!! :grope:

I especially liked her scene when she left Percy. She closes the blinds of her office and we see her stand there in silhouette. Then when we see her face, we see her pull it together. Dramatic, but not over-the-top (which I feared might have happened). :respec:

Who is the guardian? :confused:

11. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

It may be because I let the episodes pile up on my dvr and have long breaks between them, but I sometimes have a hard time keeping the ancillary men clear - the analyst who I thought was dead but isn't, the guardian who is sometimes with them and sometimes not, and the oversight guy who is looking out for Mommy. Plus they all sort of look like Alex's ex neighbor.

12. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

That episode was SO good!!

I loved it! They just keep you guessing; when you think they're about to twist, they turn and you just don't see it coming. That surprise at the end was WHOA! I'm really pissed about having to wait two weeks though :mad:. I mean, they just came back on the air.

I love this show. Great story, great acting (Melinda Clarke was fabulous!), great production...I love it!! And yeah, I'm definitely waiting for Alex and Boy Scout to hook up (I didn't realize how HAWT he is!) and count me as one of the ones in line waiting to towel him off!! :swoon:

13. Indra486

The one who lead the charge at holding Oversight hostage and phoned up Amanda last minute with Percy's demands.

:rofl:

It was easier to tell apart Ryan, the analyst, before he went to prison because he was always in suits.

Owen - the guardian on Nikita's side - is blonde and always in black.

Sean the oversight guy has the Batman voice.

14. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Ari and Amanda! Love it!

Irish Guardian, Percy and Roan all in black--totally badass.

Such a wonderful episode.

15. Indra486

:swoon: Ari and Amanda working together. Deviously brilliant.

In upcoming episodes:

Alex does in fact outs herself as Alexandra Udinov in a Zetrov public press conference where Semak is giving a speech but she states that she wants to take her mother back and leave the company to Semak

Producer Craig Silverstein said more people from the cast will die. :( Take your bets, now?

16. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:shuffle:

:eek:

I recognize Ari but can't really remember what part he plays in all of this...

:cold:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wuzrobbed

17. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I just watched the episode. A little slow but it also featured one of the great scenes of the season--when Carla caressed Roan's face. Quite touching.

18. kwanatic

^^ Yeah, that episode wasn't as exciting as the previous two, but I definitely appreciate the trip to the department of backstory. You learn more about how Nikita ended up being recruited for Division and you learn that Carla is the one who created the recruiting program. I like episodes like that because it gives the show and the character more dimensions. Like when Carla touches Roan's face...was there something between them once? Who the hell would've thought Roan could be a tender person? :lol:

I'm excited to see how this Amanda/Ari thing is going to play out! :rollin:

19. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Carla ... anyone ? Fame ? Nope ? :)

20. kwanatic

:lol: Someone pointed that out on GetGlue! That's pretty cool!

21. MarieM

Or Profiler :) I loove coco :)

22. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Yes, I loved that scene. It was great in itself, but also to show that even the coldest, hardest person is still human.

I'm hoping Carla will sing at some point. I have all the Kids From Fame albums! :D

Didn't know about Profile, but Gimpel was on ER. And I just wiki'ed her and remembered her from Veronica Mars. :respec:

23. MarieM

She was the friend of the profiler chick, whose name I can't put my finger on ! No brain left.

24. Indra486

:drama::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This entire hotel sequence. There are no words for how flashy in that its well done in suspense.

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

That hotel sequence was fab. What was also fab was Birkhoff not persuaded by Carla's kookiness.

However, that reporter won't win no Pulitzer if Alex keeps giving all these press conferences. For that reporter's sake, I hope Alex gives her an exclusive interview on Dateline.

26. Bostonfan

Good episode. We now have 3 distinct teams set up. Ari/Amanda, Carla/Percy and Nikita's team. I wonder if Carla will stay close to Nikita for covert purposes, or make a clear break with Nikita and openly align with Percy. And where Alex fits in all of this will be fun to watch. All the players are aware of each other and lines have been drawn.

Some part of me briefly wondered if Birkhoff holding a gun on Carla was due less to the fact that Carla was endangering Alex, and more about the fact that she was holding his iPad. Never touch a geek's toys! :)

27. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Is Carla kooky? Or just so far out of the loop, along with so invested in what Division was in it's original form...

Doesn't Carla think (or want to believe) that Percy is still the good guy she worked with in the beginning? (Although I'm wondering if Percy was ever a good guy and took advantage of Carla's innocence and hopefulness.

I think once Carla sees how far gone Division is from what she created, she will want nothing to do with it. Nikita has not done a good job of informing Carla about how far the program is removed from Carla's original ideas. And when Carla discovers that Percy is as bad as Amanda... Well, that'll make for another good episode!

I never watched that show. I might have checked it out if I had known Gimpel was on it, though! :cheer2:

28. kwanatic

Last week's episode was awesome! :cheer: I loved how Alex got Semak by the balls (figuratively speaking) and how quickly the tides kept turning in that scene with Alex and Ari and then how Birkoff and Nikita flipped the whole thing on its head. It's like one of those scenes when everyone has a gun held on everyone else...AWESOME! Poor Carla thinks Division is salvageable but she doesn't realize the reason the mission was lost was in large part b/c of Percy. Birkoff was awesome in that episode...you gotta love it when the geek grabs a gun or gets to kick some @$$. ;)

I love this show but I hate how they show two or three episodes and then go back to re-runs. :mad: It's so frustrating!

29. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Oh, HELL YEAH, Birkoff shoots Carla!

Fantastic episode tonight.

30. Bostonfan

ITA - that was a great episode! So glad Ryan is safely back with Team Nikita. Her team is growing. And I love her relationship with Birkoff.

I feel the Carla storyline never really got off the ground. There was an interesting idea in there, but it never really took root from a narrative standpoint. There's too many plotlines going on at once I think. We have Percy's agenda, Amanda/Semok, Alex and her mother, and now this new wrinkle with Michael's baby mama being a secret agent for Percy.