Nicole Bobek - Christmas Day: Today Show Skate

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Johnny_Fever, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

Did anyone else see the performance this morning at the Rockefeller Center Rink? Are the legal problems behind her?

2. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

I just saw it, was a lead on MSNBC.com, maybe you can bring it up.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45786986#null

She was wearing a gorgeous gold dress, long flowing skirt, bra type front with about 5-6 thin straps from the neck to her waist, IOW, sex on ice. She had on some kind of a gold headband that looked like a crown. It must have been freezing in NYC this early morning, she seemed very nervous, and her speech was weird, perhaps for either reason. Her skating was gorgeous, of course she did a lovely high spiral and included one of those planing moves into a full split on ice at the end. Her complexion seems recovered from her bad days. The exhibition was to advertise National Skating Month and a New Year's Day skating special, 4-6 Eastern, NBC.

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

4. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I thought she spoke very well. Skated beautifully.

5. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

I'm glad to see her back on the ice!

6. ainouta

ainouta Well-Known Member

For all that she has been through, she still looks absolutely stunning on the ice.

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

8. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

I am so happy to see Nicole is back on the ice. She looks beautiful, and as graceful as always.

9. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, can't wait to see it when I get home!

10. sequins

sequins Active Member

Nicole's always been my fave U.S. female skater. Her and now Czisny. For all she's been through she still skates beautifully and with such joy. She looks great and I hope the past is the past and the new year brings her the start of all things good.

11. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

Watched it this morning. So glad to see Nicole smiling like that again. I'll watch the show on NYE just for her!

12. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

Nice to see her back on the ice. But at the same time, where are the opportunities for current and/or next generation skaters? Seems like NBC sports could be doing a lot more to build up exposure for the next generation of skaters who will star at upcoming Olympics