NFL thread. Because I feel so lost without one!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Badams, Sep 6, 2012.

1. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

:wuzrobbed Both of my teams lost today.

I guess I'll be a SF fan for the next two weeks, even though I usually root for the AFC. I just cannot root for any team with Ray Lewis, and I wish the Ray Lewis love-fest would just be over.

2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

wrong thread

3. twinsissv

twinsissv Well-Known Member

:cheer2: YAY TEAM! YAY TEAM! GO RAVENS GO!!! :cheer2:

4. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Cyn, thanks for sharing your story. I was rooting for Atlanta, mostly cuz of Tony Gonzales.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah Ravens! At least my #2 team made it to the Super Bro. With the bonus of beating Belichick and Brady!

5. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

With the 49ers in the Super Bowl, they have the rare chance to complete the Double for San Francisco. The SF Giants already won the World Series and to pair it with a Super Bowl would be tremendous feat. Done in 1979 in Pittsburgh, it's a special thing for a city.

6. elka_sk8

elka_sk8 Well-Known Member

For real. Between that and the inevitable Harbaugh brothers stories I'm pretty blah about the Super Bowl. All the great teams in the playoffs this year and this was the matchup I least wanted, LOL.

7. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Even though I'm happy with this Superbowl match-up, I can see where this one probably doesn't have the glamour that last year's New York Giants v. Patriots had. Probably from an entertainment stand point, many might have wanted a Patriots v. Atlanta match-up with those offenses going. SF v. Bal might be seen as a more defensive match-up even though Kapaernick is a pretty exciting QB.

8. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Every team that I cheered for, lost. I was not surprised that the Falcons lost, based on how they allowed Seattle to get back in the game after gaining a 20-0 lead. This time they blew a 17-0 lead against a very good team. I know Matt Ryan (QB) will get brunt of the blame, but the blame should be squarely on the defense which could not stop a second year inexperienced QB (Kaepernick). After falling behind 17-0, every time the 49rs had the ball, they scored a touch down. When the Falcons were threatening to score at the end of the game, the 49rs defense did its job and that was the difference in the game.

The Falcons should really have lost to the Seahawks. I don't think they belong in the superbowl, unless they improve their defense. Defense wins championships.

I did not get to watch much of the NE-Balt game because part of the game I was on my way to the hockey game, then I watched it while eating at a restaurant, but after that I was standing in line for one hour to get in the arena, and could not see the TV screens which were like 50-100 yards from the line. I must have missed a good game, though not the outcome I wanted.

I am sure the media are loving the Harbaugh vs Harbaugh superbowl. I am not going to watch anything related to the superbowl, except the game itself, in 2 weeks.
    At least my brother, who is a diehard 49rs fan, is happy. That is some consolation.

9. jenny12

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  10. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

11. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

For you data junkies, this is really cool. No big surprises here although as a Buffalo fan, I only know one person who is a cowboys fan. Everyone else are Steelers or Pats fans. I am sort of surprised that there aren't more Steelers fans in the DC area. I remember when the Steelers played a Monday night game against Washington, I saw a bunch of people walking out of our office building in Steelers jerseys.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-data-science/nfl-fans-on-facebook/10151298370823859

Edited to add the non facebook page as well as further analysis done by Deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/5979970/facebook-data-provides-the-most-accurate-nfl-fandom-map-ever-created

http://deadspin.com/5980852/who-is-americas-favorite-nfl-team-facebook-data-offer-a-clear-winner

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  12. jenny12

So, what do we think? Will Beyonce lip sync during the halftime show?

13. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

She said in a press conference (where she also sang the national anthem on the spur of the moment to show she could) that she wouldn't. At this point, because of the fuss, her career rides on that not being a false statement. She said the inauguration was about Obama, not her, so she wanted to sound perfect and didn't have proper time to rehearse, the half time show is about her- so it's all her.

14. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Well...today is the big day. As frustrating, heartbreaking, stressful, and enraging as football season is...I'm gonna miss it. I'm sure that those of you that live in an area where the team actually wins have better words to describe your season...but this WNY native doesn't. :lol: At least I got to enjoy a good season for Peyton. :) Good luck to both teams tonight. It should be an exciting game.

15. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Go Ravens!

16. jenny12

Yeah, hoping for a good game and I will miss the season.

Peyton Manning won Comeback Player of the Year and gave a cute and sweet speech:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-honor...yton-Manning-wins-Comeback-Player-of-the-Year

I'm happy about the two teams in the Superbowl, but kind of wish Peyton and the Broncos could have been part of it.

17. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

Im not really a football fan.. well except for Buffalo - I do like the Bills.. but I do watch the superbowl.. only time I really do watch - well unless the Bills in playoffs etc., I'm mainly looking forward to all the crap and fluff and half time show.. :) Go Ravens..:D

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  18. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:D

4rkidz and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Next year is Buffalo's year.

I never get tired of saying that...:lol:

20. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

I love all the Buffalo sports teams.. the sabres too.. I actually even enjoy going to Buffalo for the weekend.. one of our fav weekend places..

With regards to the football game.. I was thinking during the fluff at the beginning (loved the choir and singers).. how totally focused the 49's were.. and how emotional the Ravens were - taking everything in.. I said to my hubby.. the raven's are toast.. don't look focused at all.. look like they are overwhelmed just being there.. and then they get a touch down YAY :) Go Ravens..

21. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Why does Beyonce look like she's super-imposed on the stage?? It doesn't look real.

22. jenny12

It was a hologram. Like Tupac at Coachella. ;)

Flacco owning this game right now, but San Francisco came back against a similar deficit v. Falcons so it's not over yet.

23. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

I wonder how the Ravens feel about picking on some powder-puff team who wandered into the stadium. The 49'ers should be drinking already. Heavily.

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

That might actually improve their performance.

25. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Like I just explained to my mom: the guy literally ran from one end to the other. LITERALLY. Even a football n00b like me understands how ridiculous that is. :lol:

26. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Ravens just ran kick off back for TD. Game is OVER. Damn the 9ers D gave up too many big plays. Raven's O line controlled the game.

27. jenny12

I take back my previous post. It's over. Even the light guy at the stadium knows it's over.

28. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

The power in the stadium going off is God telling the 9'ers "Go home and get real jobs already, you frakking losers!" (yeah, being that kaepernick is a UNR alumnus, and having grown up mostly on the west coast, I suppose I should be a 49'er fan....yeah, right)

29. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I'm sure she did some parts. There is no way a person can perform all out, dance like she does w/o having parts of the song pre-recorded. She's in shape but NO one peform with that much energy.

I don't know it matters, she can sing. It's not like she hasn't sung live before.

I don't get why it was such a big deal at the inauguration. It was very cold and singing in "below freezing" temp. can't be good for one's voice. Not if she wants to talk later on.

30. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I grew up in Milwaukee and I"m not Packer fan. I hate the Packer organization and they way they treat some of their players; Also, I don't like the way the state acts during Packer season.