NFL thread. Because I feel so lost without one!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Badams, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

It was, but I wasn't caring about the results when RGIII got hurt. I just wanted them to take him out of the game. It is apparently a mild LDL sprain on the same leg that he tore his ACL in 2009, but the ACL is just fine. He is not ruled out for Sunday, but he is day to day. His dad says he is planning on playing Sunday.

2. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

It's been a rough season for you, hasn't it? :(

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

The Ravens seem to be in a downward spiral.

The Dallas Cowboys are dealing with something much worse than losing a game. One of their practice squad members (Jerry Brown) was killed in a car crash because his teammate (Josh Brent)who was driving was drunk. When will common sense kick in and these players call a cab instead of try driving while intoxicated? My sympathy to the family of the player who died. I am still having difficulty feeling sympathy for Brent, but I really should.

4. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

As far as I understand it, there are resources these players could take advantage of to get themselves home. They wouldn't even have to call a cab.

5. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Both Brent and Brown were teammates at my university here -- where Brent had a DUI conviction in 2009 that resulted in him spending 60 days in jail. One would hope that something like that would make an impression and that partying/drinking behavior (wrt driving) would change. Apparently not. :( Very sad for Jeryy Brown's family -- I believe that he was about to become a father, too. :( :( :(

6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Oh man, second time?

7. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

Whatever the Redskins are drinking these days, I'll have some.

8. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

9. galaxygirl

Yeah. I'm a Broncos fan but I was expecting a much closer game.

ETA: Mila :( Take comfort in the fact that at least you aren't a Lions fan. They're getting whomped by the Cardinals. :yikes:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  10. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

The disgrace of the season happened today at the Cowboys/Steelers game in Dallas today. That tool Jerry Jones let that <alleged> drunk driving player of their's Josh Brent, who's suspended from the team, hang around the sidelines at the game. Supposedly the victim's mother asked Jerry Jones for some forgiveness to Brent, so that's why he was allowed on the sidelines. This is an OUTRAGE. There is no doubt what happened here, he's guilty, he killed a teammate and friend and he will be going to jail for a long time. Yet Jones doesn't see the message he's sending to the team and the world? Kill someone and you can still hang around the team? WTH?

11. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:wuzrobbed:

We got whomped, too. (((galaxygirl + me)))

12. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Atlanta Falcons!!! :cheer2: for spectacularly whomping the snot out of the NY Giants 34-0 !!!!

13. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

:cheer: We've been a Matt Ryan fan since he was with BC.

Also :cheer: for my boy Peyton! What a year he is having to show all the doubters!

But now my Patriots are making me very nervous. It is going to be a long night....

14. galaxygirl

The Lions are embarrassing. :wall: At least the Bills lost to a good team that's smoking hot at the moment.

It looked like the Patriots were going to take to over time for a minute there. Tom Brady's having a tough night though.

15. PRlady

I haven't been this nervous about a football game in about 15 years. :wideeyes: Go, 'Skins!

skipaway and (deleted member) like this.
  16. milanessa

:) Might've cost us a couple of picks but, damn, a win is a win and the Bills need any one they can get.

Go 'Skins!

17. PRlady

Aw. One of my dear friends is a Bills fan, it's been a hard year(s). 7-7 at the two minute warning, damn it, I needed a blowout so as not to have to stay up half the night. :fragile:

18. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

RG THREEEEEEEEE!!!!! :cheer:
    If it can't be my Gmen winning NFC East, then happy it's the Redskins :D

19. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

'Skins. :cheer2: :cheer:

20. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Wow! RGIII, Russell Wilson, and Andrew Luck all lead their teams to the playoffs! Amazing rookie class! Love 'em all, but cheering for RGIII and the Skins since he's my boyfriend ;).

21. PRlady

I feel like I'm back in the '80s again. I was explaining to football-hater that Dallas and the Skins played in the NFC championship game at some point, when I looked it up it was in 1982. :eek: Between the 'Skins flashbacks and the ones I got seeing Argo, it's all very back to the future....

Morris sure reminded me of Riggins last night. :D

22. Jem X

Jem X Skate America arrives!

Black Monday. Many coaches and GM's being fired today, including my Bears' coach, Lovie Smith. Lovie was a good defensive coach, but had no interest in the offense, and constantly hired the wrong offensive staff. It will be interesting to see how many coaches are recycled.

23. milanessa

Good riddance to Chan.

24. Cheylana

It will be weird seeing Andy Reid coach somewhere other than Philadelphia next season!

25. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

WHO DEY!!! Good luck to my Bengals tomorrow and hoping they :kickass: in Houston!!! :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2:

26. Cheylana

Boy, Shaub & Company are lucky to be playing a team that is incapable of winning in the post-season, because they were pretty anemic today, yet they'll advance to the divisional round.

27. jenny12

Darn it! Hoped that the Begals could pull it out. They were very close but just couldn't make the big plays down the stretch. Oh well. I didn't see either team getting past the Patriots anyway, especially considering the thrashing Houston took from the Patriots just a little while ago.

The Pack are looking good. Too bad the Vikings' starting QB couldn't play.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  28. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Go Pack!

meggonzo and (deleted member) like this.
  29. PRlady

C'mon redskins D, you're falling apart!

30. jenny12

Finally a good wildcard game! Too bad about RG3's injury though.