NFL thread. Because I feel so lost without one!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Badams, Sep 6, 2012.

1. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Geez, my Niners got their butts kicked to the moon. :/

2. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Atlanta Falcons! :cheer2: :kickass::encore:

(Of course, I need to enjoy this while it lasts, but for now, the only undefeated team in the NFL, and the number one ranked team).

It feels good to be proud of an Atlanta Sports Franchise after the Braves tanked so spectacularly in the WC game of the playoffs.

3. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:wuzrobbed:

4. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

This week concludes the worst week for the San Diego Chargers franchise in many a year. First they blow a 24-0 half time lead last Monday and lose 35-24, this after blowing a 17 point lead the week before. Then the longtime Charger PR chief goes online and tells Charger fans to take a "chill pill" and stop whining about the team. Like the fans don't have a reason to be pissed at what was going on. And finally, it was revealed today that the Chargers were caught using a version of "stickum", a sprayed on aid to help catch the ball which was banned over 20 years ago. Jeez they can't even cheat successfully.

This franchise is reeling and Dean Spanos the owner is MIA.

5. milanessa

:) :) :) Not that it was a pretty second half, mind you, but still :)

6. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

I was watching and rooting for the Bills for you. :)

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that the patriots are either frustratingly mediocre or one of the best teams in the NFL. They can't seem to decide which from week to week, though.

8. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Will anyone be watching the Grey Cup on Sunday? I'm not a football fan, but without hockey this season we're itching for some sort of sporting extravaganza, plus it's the 100th Grey Cup and it's in my hometown, so some fuss is in order, no? Plus it's an excuse to bring out my Super Bowl recipes ...

Arrrrrrrrrrr-gooooooosssssss!

9. milanessa

Don't get the chance to see much CFL play down here but I've had a soft spot for the Argonauts ever since Doug Flutie played for them. :)

10. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

Dougie! :cheer:

We get some CFL games around here. I think they're on the NBC Sports channel. Not that we'll be watching. Even my football-loving Canadian husband doesn't follow the CFL. :p

11. milanessa

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

A Redskins Thanksgiving win over Dallas. Best. Turkeyday. Ever.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  13. GoldenLady

GoldenLady Member

Yes, I watched it. :) Great job, Argos!!!! :summer:

14. milanessa

It was on US TV.:cheer:

15. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Yes it was fun to watch, although it would have been better if Calgary hadn't thought they could win with field goals :p

16. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

There is a report that a Kansas City Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend, and then killed himself at Arrowhead Stadium. There is also a rumor that he did it in front of coaches and teammates. Oh, how I hope that is not true.

I saw a report as to who it was, but I won't say it here, since nothing is confirmed.

:( :( :(

17. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

18. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Police still haven't released the name, but it does seem to be confirmed by multiple sources now.

How awful to witness someone shoot himself in the head. Don't know if Romeo Crennel and Scott Pioli and the others will get over that.

According to one report, Belcher had a baby with the girlfriend, so that child is an instant orphan.

19. milanessa

How awful. :(

20. milanessa

:)

21. meggonzo

meggonzo Well-Known Member

yay! Packers win and the Bears lose!

22. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Detroit surely must be torturing their fans more than if they'd just get blown out. Ouch.

:eek: at Atlanta's record, surely they're peaking too soon before the playoffs?

23. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

This Lions fan is very, very sad...

Poor Stafford, he looks defeated.

I was horrified all over again when I heard the Chiefs were playing today, but I suppose it was a welcome distraction from what has to be a terrible reality. My heart goes out to everyone involved. Apparently Mr. Belcher was exhibiting some significant short term memory loss in the preceding days, perhaps due to a concussion or to something else. A "friend" is saying he used lots of painkillers and alcohol. I feel I can repeat that only because it's a sad fact that narcotics and alcohol are 2 of the main food groups for NFL players.

24. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

(((Everyone associated with the KC Chiefs, but especially those who witnessed the shooting and the poor 3 month old daughter))) :(

25. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I saw part of Romeo Crennel's press conference after the game on the news, and he announced that he would not discuss it or take questions on it. How awful.

Press is reporting that the girlfriend was Jamaal Charles' cousin.

26. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Hail to the Redskins! A one point win is a win.

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

28. milanessa

29. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

A blah-rainy-Sunday win in overtime over the Ravens. Best blah-rainy-Sunday ever. ;)

30. milanessa

Hoping RG3 is okay.