NFL 2010-2011 Season!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FSfan107, Aug 9, 2010.

1. FSfan107

FSfan107 Well-Known Member

I see that the other NFL thread is no longer around, so I decided to start a new one.:)The first official pre-season game gets underway shortly at 8 tonight! It's the Dallas Cowboys vs. the Cincinnati Bengals in the Hall-of-Fame game.
    Get your popcorn :watch: ready for the Ocho-Cinco and T.O. show! ;)

Meanwhile, the annual Brett Favre drama is under-way. I still think he'll play, though reports are that his ankle still hurts even after under going surgery this off-season. As a Packer fan, I'm just tired of him and all the over-the-top media coverage and hope he finally quits. It would be nice to be finally able to beat him as a Viking though.

Anyone want to make predictions on who'll make the playoffs? I'll start.
    NFC
    East: Cowboys
    North: Packers :)
    South: Saints
    West: 49ers
    Wildcards: Vikings and Eagles

AFC
    East: Jets
    North: Bengals
    South: Colts
    West: Chargers (shocking I know...)
    Wildcards: Ravens and Texans (or Dolphins)

2. Kiss My 1040

Kiss My 1040 New Member

Go Brett! Go Vikings!!

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

I think Brett Favre will play. He just doesn't want to go to training camp as usual, and I don't have a problem with that. I'm just annoyed with his endless, "I can play football...I just don't want too" crap.

4. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I hope the 'Skins can do something this year. Does McNabb have anything left in the tank?

5. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I sure hope so.

6. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Word is that Brett Favre is coming back for one more season with the Vikings. Gee, Training camp is ending and he's BACK!

Saints fans are all giddy, can't wait for the rematch on September 9th. The Dome is going to be off the charts, with the excitement over Super Bowl Banner Drop and another chance to defeat Favre & the Vikings.

Wonder how many souls are going to stagger in to work on the 10th?!?!?

7. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Did the Saints win their first pre season game? I remember hearing something about it before hand but haven't heard one thing since. I guess that game means nothing anyway but curious how it went.

8. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

First preseason game was in Foxboro against the Patriots. Pats won 27-24.

9. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Yes - I have to cheer for the "old" guy.

10. Theatregirl1122

Jeeze. Miss ESPN for a few days and Brett Favre comes back.

11. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

i hope the Bills can win more than 5 games this year...:shuffle: it would be great if they were the surprise team and finished with a winning season even!

12. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Am I Rip van Beefcake, or what? I've apparently fallen so far out-of-touch with the NFL off-season and such that I was unaware that Green Bay has become the sure thing for greatness this season.

Sports Illustrated online has 7 of its 9 experts penciling in the Packers as Super Bowl participants! And of those 2 non-believers, one of them is an ignoramus who lists Kansas City as winning the AFC West, so his pick is hereby disregarded. So - with that factored in, 7 of 8 pick Green Bay into the Super Bowl! Wow.

And 8 of 9 choose Aaron Rodgers :grope: as the league MVP! The other expert (just one, whoa) picks Brees. :wideeyes:

Expectations for Pack fans, for sure. :watch: Good luck.

For the first time in ages, I will root for an underdog, an unknown quantity that the experts say may win their division ... then :slinkaway Yes, of course I'm talking about the Indy Colts.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
  13. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

The answers are in blue! :hat1:

14. elka_sk8

elka_sk8 Well-Known Member

First Jason Taylor goes to the Jets. :mad:
    Now T.J. Houshmandzadeh is going to the Ravens. :huh:

Travesty! What is this world coming to? :drama:

15. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I have to admit that I haven't paid as much attention to football this fall (hey, my Reds are winning games and leading their division...I am ALL about baseball right now, LOL :p) but every time I do see something, I read that the Ravens have lost another player to a nearly season ending injury. They didn't really do anything special to upgrade their offense and their defense has guys dropping like flies (or are ancient in age) so how come everyone is picking them to win? :huh: I think it's more wide open than that and my Bengals are right in there too. The Bengals now have some decent weapons for Carson (LOVE me some Jordan Shipley and rookie TE Gresham is great too), RB Cedric is back and healthy, and their defense was near the top of the league. They have a great shot at repeating as AFC North champs and I would appreciate at least one or two people giving them a shot. Maybe it's better if they go under the radar though. They seem to do better when people count them out. Chad and TO might feel like they have to be even more awesome and maybe it makes them play even better. Hey, it could happen, LOL :p

Go Bengals!! :D

And just for the record, TJ is now dead to me. :drama:

16. FSfan107

As a Packer fan, all these predictions have me nervous. Sure, I expected a few "experts" to pick the Packers to make the Super Bowl, but not this many! Our offense looks explosive, and Aaron Rodgers looks even better than last year having worked on getting rid of the football and making quicker decisions. He had an incredible pre-season (Yes, I know it's just pre-season ;) ). I wouldn't be surprised if he won MVP or Offensive Player of the Year. As for the team, I am most concerned about some aspects of the defense and special teams. We're down a cornerback in Al Harris who is still out from an awful injury last year (ACL, MCL tears) and is starting the year on PUP as is one of our safeties, Atari Bigby. I'm confident that this team will be good, but I wish they were going a bit more under the radar and avoiding the "hype". They got off to a slow start last year after a lot of pre-season hype and admitted that they were too confident. I expect and hope that they will avoid that this year.

Go Pack Go! :cheer:

17. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I've been a niner fan since they beat the Dolphins in the Super Bowl... I think I was in 3rd grade then. GO NINERS!
    BTW, David Carr is HOTTTTTT!

18. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

Ready for the Vikings/Saints game tonight but there is a terrible thunderstorm over the city and the area around my work is all flooded so as of right now, I'm not going home anytime soon. I'll be pissed if I have to miss watching the game!!

19. BigB08822

Tight game so far, Saints get an interception, let's see if they can translate this into some points!

20. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Come on, Saints! Please kick that geriatric SOB's ass!!

It's a tight game so far, but hopefully that Saints can break it open in the second half.

21. numbers123

:huh:

Go Brett. I am a bit tired of the Saints - sainthood. I understand the superbowl win helped New Orleans, but....a bit tired of it.

22. BigB08822

The Saints don't want to win! That should have been a touchdown and then an easy FG is missed. This is in Favre's hands...again.

23. Theatregirl1122

I wish I cared more about this game because it is the first game of the season. But it is very meh to me. Bring on the Pats!

24. numbers123

not now :(

25. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

I'm secretly hoping for another Vikings-Saints matchup in the NFC title game this season. Hopefully in Minnesota, this time. :saint:

26. BigB08822

Glad the Saints pulled it off! Favre wont make it through the season, that is my prediction for the year.

27. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

:D Oh how I love this! I've been upset with the Vikings since they beat my Niners last season. Woooo, yay for the Saints winning!

28. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Not an elegant game last night, both teams will be a lot better in a couple of weeks. And I'll expect you will see a lot of sloppy games this weekend, which means upsets are a comin'

29. FSfan107

Game Day!:cheer2::cheer2:

Lots of good games today. :watch:

Go Pack Go!

30. Theatregirl1122

Go Pats

I'm hoping the football gods won't hear.