News that brightened my day- Abducted toddler is returned.

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rjblue, Sep 11, 2011.

1. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Missing boy returned home

A known pedophile had abducted this little boy. I couldn't watch the news because these kind of stories just give me nightmares. A facebook friend posted the link to this story a few minutes ago, and it just made my day to think of one of these stories having such an unexpectedly happy ending.

2. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Wow. That a known pedophile was able to get near to a child is horrible, let alone close enough to abduct the child. I wonder if a ransom was paid. Very glad the child is safe. A rare happy ending. I hope they catch the abductor soon.

3. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Thank God the child is safe!

4. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

It sounds like the family knew the suspected abductor.

5. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Sparwood is a pretty small place. Chances are the creep was known to many in the community.

6. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

I only saw the original story when the police were desperately searching for the man's car, but I think it was more a case of the police knew the man, rather than the family.

7. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

Oh thank goodness. Although everyone was working so hard to get the child back as soon as possible and obviously everyone was very very concerned, somehow it seemed to me that everyone, including the family was playing it fairly low key - like they knew that this abductor was unlikely to endanger the child's life and that he could actually be appealed to in this way with a chance of a result. I don't know - it was just a weird vibe I got, especially from the child's father. Whatever their methods obviously worked. Thank goodness.

8. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Thank God he's safe! Horrifying to think that kind of stuff happens, I hope the abductor is found quickly.

9. JasperBoy

JasperBoy Heading for Helsinki

Like Skate Talker, I got a weird vibe from the boy's father.
    It is strange that the abductor was able to enter a cordonned off crime scene to return the boy. I think we will hear more about this case.
    It is excellent news that the little boy is safe.

10. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

I just read this story...the fact that he returned the boy to his home is truly scary. I hope every available agent in the country is on this case as this sounds like a very dangerous perp who may now be playing cat and mouse with the police.

11. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

I'm delighted that the child & family are together again. Odd that the person that took him should return him so soon and, seemingly, when asked to do so. I've never heard of anything like that (check out the Jaycee Dugard thread for another very different outcome....at least both victims were found alive).

NJL

12. Civic

Civic New Member

Maybe the family or police knew enough about the suspected abductor to know that he isn't totally devoid of a conscience. And they played on this and his desire to think of himself as 'not a bad guy' to get the child back unharmed. Whatever works I say.

13. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

I was so happy to hear this outcome. I'd read about the abduction on the CBC website and never imagined it would turn out this way. Makes me think of Anne Murray's "A Little Good News."

14. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

I agree.

NJL