News on Vanessa Crone...has she found a partner yet?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by clarie, Aug 21, 2011.

1. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I hate to see such a talent go to waste. I know many people on this board had/have some issues with her posture......nothing that can't be fixed. There's been nothing forthcoming recently. I was hoping someone in the "know" would shed some light........please.

2. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:) I keep checking in here for news every couple of days.. I know she said she had some tryouts lined up.. surely someone knows something ?

I'm glad you started this..Paul's settled , so is Evan... and apparently USFS is about to make an annoucement regarding Emily..

C'mon , guys ,get with it. I could definitely see Vanessa as half of Canada's next perky couple.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Yes Pratfall, someone must know something. I get the feeling she would shine with a different partner. She's a bubbly person and I can't see her sitting still and retiring after all the years of work. She's such a great skater, and I feel that with a different partner she would be able to achieve her potential. Fingers x'd. :)

4. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

i hope vanesssa and emaily find partners- but it seems to be slim pickin's right now- i still wonder why her and paul spilt ( yes i know i need to let it go) 3 years to olympics.....

5. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Is Vanessa even looking for a partner? I had the impression she wasn't going to continue skating.

6. mirage

mirage Member

I understood that Vanessa never had any intention of retiring from skating. But at this point I haven't heard if she is actively looking for a partner or not. I hope she does.

7. kppt

kppt New Member

I just heard that she has had some tryouts, and that one is in the process of solidifying. Maybe Keifer Hubbell?? And she's training with a smattering of different coaches in Montreal and Detroit. I guess time will tell...

8. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Thanks, kppt ! I really hope she gets something good going. Montreal and Detroit ? Ve-e-ery interesting. :)

9. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

Thanks for the update, kppt!

Here's hoping for the best. It would also be quite nice to see Keiffer finally pairing with one of the great available women, although it would also oddly result in both Paul and Vanessa's being in the same boat regarding the Canada/US issue...

10. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

That's great news. She has too much talent to see it go to waste doing something else. It would be nice if she still skated for Canada though, but as long as she finds a great partner and continues on......that's good. She's still so young with many good years left ahead to become part of a great team again.:)

11. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:)It was late last night ( my time) that I saw this , so I was too tired to say much..but I'm really feeling hopeful about this , since even with my limited knowledge of the coaching scene ( outsider ) , it seems to me that those locations are both areas where Vanessa could find the kind of training that could begin to address the things she needs to refine quickly and effectively.

( and the possibility of Keiffer Hubbell is intriguing..)

Anyway , it may seem silly , but although I really don't know much more than I did before , I can't help feeling really good about her prospects. ( The cup is beginning to be filled. ):D

12. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I'm trying to think of someone with whom she would pair up in Quebec and the only one is Guillame Gfellar (sorry about the spelling).......Anyone else in la belle province looking for a partner?

13. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

It's too bad she can't team up with Keith Gagnon and train out west with Wing and Lowe. Harvey/Gagnon just got reamed by Ralph/Hill at Nebelhorn and barely made the GP minimum to be able to skate at Skate Canada.

I love Gagnon's skating. I like Harvey -- she's got charisma and performance quality -- but she's too tall for him.

14. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I wonder how the pair-up of Vanessa and Hubbell is going...anyone know anything? If you do, fill us in. I don't know him but I'm a great fan of hers, so I hope there's another new pairing.

15. hlp728

hlp728 Active Member

Not that this indicates anything, I saw some facebook photos in Madison Hubbell's status that had Keiffer H. next to Vanessa C. preping pumpkins to be carved (I'm guessing). Interesting, right?

16. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

Also, in the latest Detroit SC newsletter, Vanessa is listed as a new Resident member.

17. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Really? Vanessa and Keiffer? I hope it's true, but I thought he didn't want to skate anymore.

18. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

I don't want to have a premature celebration since this has yet to be proven....ah what the heck !

:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo:40beers::40beers: :cheer::cheer::cheer::biggrinbo:biggrinbo:rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

19. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Were they stabbing sharp knives into pumpkins that looked like their former partners? :p

20. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha ! :p

21. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

ohmygosh...is this a pic on facebook!!??? :eek:

;)

22. Subway

Subway New Member

Perhaps that's valid Vanessa speculation :), but Keifer's former partner was part of one of the two couples pictured.