News and updates à la Française

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by cholla, Oct 7, 2012.

1. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Sad news. Wishing Fabian fast recovery.

2. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Might be, as overprotected children often want to be near their families.

3. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Soloviev, Katsalpov and Lanotte might have a role as well. I think.

4. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

:( Is there some bad voodoo or something at Krylova/Carmelengo's camp? I mean their top two teams out due to injury, that must be frustrating.

5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Terrible news!! Wishing Fabian a speedy recovery.

6. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

According to the FFSG's most recent press release, Brian Joubert will indeed be going to Euros (there was some speculation about that earlier). P/B are of course out - sad to see only one French ice dance team :(

7. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Very sad indeed but on the bright side we will have Papadakis/Cizeron next year :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  8. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

Has it been mentioned on FSU that Alexis Miart was on the dutch version of Dancing with the Stars on Ice? I've just found out about it!
    http://www.sbs6.nl/programmas/sterren-dansen-op-het-ijs/p/bners/seizoen-2013/algemeen/zimra-geurts

Btw, Maé-Bérénice Méité is now on Twitter, in case anyone wants to follow her, so is Alexis but I won't put his address here in protest for his shameful disappearing act.

I'm actually looking forward to watching Papadakis/Cizeron next year too!:cheer:

As to Joubert changing his FS, well, it's not the best timing but I think it could be a good move for him since, IMHO, he wasn't feeling his Inception program and if he doesn't feel it he loses a lot of energy and the whole thing sucks to no end. I liked Gladiator as an exhibition, he seemed much more at ease with that interpretation and it didn't feel overly Yagudinish to me, but maybe I've forgotten what Yags was like(and I'm not sorry about it :p).

P/B **endless sigh**

9. IceDanceFan1

IceDanceFan1 New Member

Former French team ice dancers Benoit Richaud and Scarlett Rouzet are also on this show. By the looks of things, Alexis and his partner have already been voted out.

Another piece of info to add to this thread is that Pernelle Carron and Lloyd Jones and their coach Marika Humphreys-Baranova have lately spent some of their time at the Novi Ice Arena with Igor Shpilband.

10. joeperryfan

It seems that Joubert is doing the Challenge Cup(Netherlands) again this year.

11. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Fabian Bourzat posted on their Facebook fan page on Feb. 7 that he has returned to the ice, after 4 weeks off, "in shape and super motivated!"

Article/interview with 2013 European silver medalist Florent Amodio: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130208&content_id=41489366&vkey=ice_news

ETA:
    Joubert, Besseghier, Meite, James/Cipres and Popova/Massot are all on the entries list as of Feb. 13.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  12. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

Gosh, everytime I see this thread up, I fear somebody is injured again.

13. Sylvia

Update on Péchalat/Bourzat by Nathalie: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130219&content_id=41792098&vkey=ice_news

geoskate and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

:D Can't wait to see them at worlds :cheer:

15. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

I've just watched Papadakis/Cizeron at Junior Worlds and I really hope they are the next big thing in ice dancing. I like them a lot.:cool:

16. Sylvia

It's unfortunate that neither Romain Ponsart nor Chafik Besseghier will get the opportunity to compete at Worlds this year (Amodio and Joubert are the only 2 listed on the ISU site now).

17. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Yeah. Really nice decision from dear dear FFSG.
    I'd love to hear WHY they're going that route, again.

18. joeperryfan

Could be :bribe: related or maybe it has to do with the total number of placements they can get as a team for next year, I don't know that rule very well so I'm just saying... Spain left Raya home for that reason... Or maybe they don't want to risk either of the top guys having a meltdown and placing below the third guy, who knows?

19. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Yes they are an exciting couple.Apparently they are going to seniors next year .C/J are just not cutting it and are not improving IMO so P/C are just what the french team need.I really like S/B too who haven't decided whether to go to seniors or not yet . I liked their lines and personality especially him but their dances were not as interesting as P/C.
    Hoping for a great rivalry in the future from these two teams :)
    Have always loved french teams.Also great to see Zazoui back in the knc.

20. Sedge

Sedge Active Member

In the Blue Book following 2012 Congress it says on pag 69
    If an ISU Member entered three (3) Competitors in a discipline of a Championships, only the two (2) best placed Competitors will count for points;

...so I can't figure out why..unless his withdrawal affects the overall numbers in the event such that the flights are 5 instead of 6 and # 10 and # 12 World Ranking are left out of the final 2 flights of the SP seeding.

..... or they are just being FFSG..and mean spirited.

The case for Spain is a little different.
    If 2 men are in..both placements count...and must total 13 or less to get 3 spots ( not likely for Raya)
    If only one is entered...a 1st or 2nd placement will get them 3 Olympic spots...a very realistic outcome for Fernandez.

21. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

I remember last year the French Federation set out its own technical minimums, including specified jump content for selection for Europeans and Worlds - I can't find a link for it after just a brief search, but I remember the demands being quite stringent and higher than the ISU TES minimum - it is possible that the same standards are in place this year & neither Romain or Chafik have met them? It's still a ridiculous choice, it's not like they have many men to choose from and need their own tech requirements to narrow the field...

22. Sedge

Sedge Active Member

You are absolutely right Morget.
    I went back to my notes.
    Chafik said at GP France that he had to achieve, I believe, 215.0 to make the World qualification set by France..and that his best to date had been 202.
    That will be the restriction on Ponsart.

23. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Never felt about C/J that they would be world podium material but P/C look like champions in the making. At least to me.:)

Didn't they set the bar a bit too high for Chafik and Ponsart? 215 points is quite a difficult task to accomplish by any of them. It rather feels like the Federation didn't actually want to send a third man to Worlds this season to begin with.:confused:

24. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

25. umronnie

umronnie Well-Known Member

Yeah. Look at the seasonal best scores http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/sb2012-13/sbtsmto.htm - 215 points is just outside the top 24.
    215 would have put Chafik in 6th place at Euros.

What is the use of getting a third spot if you are not going to use it? Even if they lose a spot they would still have 2 for Sochi - are they going to be any more lenient with Chafik/Romain next season? Otherwise they won't be going to Sochi even with a 3rd spot.

They should be more worried about ladies' spots. It seems they have more depth in ladies than in men right now.

26. Sedge

Sedge Active Member

27. Sylvia

^^^ Belated thanks for finding that link, Sedge!

Some photos from IFS' Facebook page:

French skaters, both visiting and resident, at Detroit SC before Worlds: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...107538.1073741830.278550292537&type=3&theater

Fabian Bourzat, Nathalie Péchalat and Brian Joubert: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...107538.1073741830.278550292537&type=3&theater

Alissa Czisny posing with Brian Joubert: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...107538.1073741830.278550292537&type=3&theater

(I've cross-posted a photo link in the Russian news thread.)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  28. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

We almost had good news for French ice dancing. I say "almost" ... Zahorski / Miart had started to train together again.
    Sent to Milan to Barbara Poli-Fusar this week where everything went well, Miart just abandoned Tiffany once again, in the middle of the week’s training.
    Despite the fact that she had once again agreed to put her trust in him, and he had promised that his stupid behaviour was firmly behind him ...
    ....We applaud loudly

PeterG, ioana, briancoogaert and 3 others like this.
  29. shah

shah Shhh...

:duh:

30. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

:mad::mad: I feel so sorry for her! His behaviour has been appalling.

ETA: not that I expect them to carry on after this, but would he have even been eligible for competitions after taking part in that Dutch Skating with the Stars program earlier this year?