1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News and updates à la Française

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by cholla, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka #StolBoss #teampogo

So Brian will be present for the LP?!

:rofl: :drama: :lol: :EVILLE:

This could be epic!

2. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

There was a pre-TEB article that gave every indication that things were not working, and seeing them together before and after the SP confirmed it. I'm surprised that they didn't wait until after the competition to announce it, though.

Honestly, I think it was too soon for Joubert to take on a senior level skater on his own; he's too inexperienced to be working with someone whom he knew as a fellow competitor, and he's off doing shows half the time anyway. FWIW, it's not like Ponsart didn't know that working with Joubert meant working in Poitiers, and when your coach is bankrolling your training, you can't really expect him to accommodate your preferred location. I guess neither of them really thought it through as much as they should have.

alilou and marysy like this.
  3. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Well that is the problem with those current french skaters. None have really got it that without work you won't suceed... And without sacrifices. They want it all.

cholla and Nours like this.
  4. Xela M

Xela M Well-Known Member

Will TEB still take place with today's horrific events in France??

5. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

I hope that everyone attending/competing in TEB and our FSU family are safe there.

Josh78, seabm7, skateboy and 3 others like this.
  6. Xela M

Xela M Well-Known Member

This is really insane. I wanted to go to the football European Championship next year in France, but now I'm not sure they will be able to provide adequate security.

7. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

This could happen in any European city.

cholla likes this.
  8. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this could happen in any city in any country

9. jenniferlyon

jenniferlyon Well-Known Member

From what I read on Twitter, the skaters in France are safe. They have not yet decided whether to continue with TEB or not.

10. Nours

Nours Active Member

This world is mad and everybody seems to find it perfectly fine...

Ponsart said not long ago more or less "all I see from poitier is the rink, my flat and the mall and I love it", so I was quite surprised because I thought he actually wanted to work. Anyway, Dumont's team don't know how develop a skater under COP, I thought Brian was a good option with Morozov to help him.

As for Brian, yes it's early, but every coach needs some elite skater to learn to be a good coach. He would have make mistakes but he would have had learn also. And his next student would have been better than Ponsart then because he would already know what works and what doesn't.

"Certains disaient même qu'il fallait que j'arrête le patinage" et maintenant ?

Who's next ? Will he come back like a little puppet to Dumont ? Will she take him back ? Will he go on with skating (what's the point if he doesn't want to train anyway?)

skateboy and MarieM like this.
  11. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

London had the Olympics without a problem, it wasn't any less dangerous then.

skatefan likes this.
  12. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

did TEB just get canceled?

13. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

14. Loves_Shizuka

15. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

But now they're saying Brooklee Han twitted otherwise

16. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Denis Ten ‏@Tenis_Den 2m2 minutes ago
    Mr. Gailhaguet and mr. Krick expressed words of condolence. Heartbreaking moment. As for the GP, the ISU will announce resolution soon.

Latest tweet from Denis

17. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

kittyjake5 and Eladola like this.
  18. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

any word on GP scoring?

Probably later today i'd assume...

19. Loves_Shizuka

According to a few sources, SP results will be the final results, but no official word from ISU yet. Could be wrong.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  20. zigzig

zigzig Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to the French skating community and the competitors at TEB. I was just thinking how much French and French-themed music is being used this season (Jes Suis Malade, Les Miz, Formidable, Notre Dame, Je t'aime, Nos Souvenirs, etc. etc.) - feels poignant somehow.

21. Sylvia

Sylvia Preparing for U.S. club comp. season!

22. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/...les/2015/11/19/On-passe-a-autre-chose-2537141

Joubert said that the French Fed "told" Romain Ponsart to become a pair skater. Joubert was ready to take Romain back. (As usual, Didier made it sure that Bercy would not accept Romain there as a single skater to get his way.)

Amodio is retiring...and Besseghier threatened retirement last month.

France has such a long tradition of great men skaters that I am sure that a young gun will come out soon, but there might be a big void for a while.

skateboy likes this.
  23. shah

shah Shhh...

Will the French Fed send any 2 men to both Euros and Worlds? Are there any decent skaters with the right TES left (apart from Chafik)? What a mess!

24. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

So now that Florent will not be at Worlds neither Romain because he's "sent" to pairs? HOw do I interpret that? Didier is really a medieval ruler in FFSG.

Kevin Aymoz has an awesome free program, hopefully he's good in Didiers eyes and gets some chances.

25. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Does Didier answer to anyone either in France or elsewhere?

26. Jeschke

Jeschke #teamtrainwreck #teamschott #missiongold2018

Yes, the moneyman:bribe:

27. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

28. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Poor Didier has no power anyway: he's just a puppet of the government that makes him do what he does.

29. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Pauvre petit Didier. :puppet:

30. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

Yes, my heart bleeds for him :2faced:

To my knowledge, neither Ponsart nor the FFSG has confirmed the pairs option. As much as Romain has the right built for pairs, I don't understand the sudden change. He clearly isn't good enough to enter the European individuals top ten, but leaving all French hopes (if there is something like French hopes in the men field :D) on Besseghier's shoulders is not exactly a good idea :confused: At least, with Ponsart, Besseghier has a contender to push him up. Alone, I have doubts about Besseghier's capacity and motivation to work harder (or simply to work because I'm afraid it's not his main concern...) Romain makes no secret of his private life and his GF being a pair skater, the idea maybe comes from himself and not the Fed, who'd be just too happy to push him aside. But said GF has already a partner who's reasonnably good and it would take A LOT of work for Romain to level up. With French skating, when you think the mess is already total, they (federation AND skaters) always manage to make it worse...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.